Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AC/DC. Live. In concert. God DAMN yes. Single greatest experience of my life.

http://i44.tinypic.com/qxtbia.jpg

I'm always a bit confused when it comes to seeing classic rock bands perform in concert. On the one hand, their gravitas alone from years of experience should be enough to get my pants off on any occasion. On the other hand, seeing a 54-year old Angus Young perform in a schoolboy's outfit transgresses more onto the plane of the bizarre and disturbing.

Bought these on iTunes a couple of days ago:

Bang_Camaro_Bang_Camaro_II_Cover_Art.png

anarchyclub3.jpg

Buckethead_-_crime_slunk_scene.jpg

All excellent albums. Crime Slunk Scene is one of my favorite albums, hands down. A Single Drop Of Red is right behind, but it's half remix, but the original stuff is AWESOME.

I'm always a bit confused when it comes to seeing classic rock bands perform in concert. On the one hand, their gravitas alone from years of experience should be enough to get my pants off on any occasion. On the other hand, seeing a 54-year old Angus Young perform in a schoolboy's outfit transgresses more onto the plane of the bizarre and disturbing.

Didn't matter one bit. =D He's still acting like a 12-year-old. Heck, he used the solo in The Jack as an occasion to strip.

Now *that* is awesome. I'm wishing something good would come around my neck of the woods.

Same deal for me back in 2006 when I saw Quiet Riot. It was epic for even a small venue. Yet seeing Kevin DuBrow being "wild wild wild" in his 50s (and donning a wig) kind of tweaked things. Least I got his autograph before he killed himself. That and I can say I experienced it live for once in my life.

Didn't matter one bit. =D He's still acting like a 12-year-old. Heck, he used the solo in The Jack as an occasion to strip.

Well, that's kinda his thing, even if it's weird. I believe the Who are still touring, even though they are decrepit old farts.

That is slightly strange and TOTALLY AWESOME at the same time.

i've begun planning a dinner for my gf's 21st birthday where I hope to not only surprise her by having several of her friends and family show up, but to ask her to marry me at said dinner party where shes with the people shes closest to

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SHI-

Congrats, my friend. I hope it all works out

i've begun planning a dinner for my gf's 21st birthday where I hope to not only surprise her by having several of her friends and family show up, but to ask her to marry me at said dinner party where shes with the people shes closest to

news update, the mom has giving me the blessing to ask her to marry me

I nearly sh*t a brick when you IMed me that this morning.

Congratulations, man. I'm sure she's a great girl!

Finally. After buying it way the hell back in 8th grade, around 2002-2003, I finally beat Final Fantasy VIII :D

I am so proud of you, Bongo!

*Gives Bongo a man-hug*

FF8 was easily my favorite and definitely one of the best in the entire series.

Con-****ing-grats Dath, and good luck! : D

______

------

Random thing:

I've had this image of a video game in my mind since I was like 7 or 8 years old. Well, all I remember is going to a party at some random house of an old friend of my parents. And at this tiny house somewhere in LA county I remember staying inside for a little bit. There were tons of people (a lot of probably tweens and teens inside) I've never met but I do remember watching someone play a PC game. And the image of that unnamed game has been in my head ever since. I don't know why I've been able to remember it for so long, but it's just sorta mildly tormented me because I didn't have a clue to what the game was called.

Well, for no apparent reason the game came back into my head this morning and decided to use the Giant Bomb game wiki to find the concept of stealth (I remember the character sneaking at some point) in an early PC game. Then I found it.

Twinsen's Odyssey

569593-spy0089.png

This visual has inexplicably been burned into my mind since I was 7.

It's sorta like finding out the name of a song you like after months of wondering, multiplied by ten. (lol)

Also, going on a road trip in a few hours, so yay, and it's mah birfday tomorrow.

Archived