Home

I'm a year older, in California, very slightly sun burned, and I've got a sweet tripod for my camera that is actually worth a damn.

Also, it's been my insane decision to write a summary of Musashi as I read it. I'm at five pages written so far.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a glorious new monitor.

I replaced this

geteway2000vivitron17.jpg

24-009-157-16.jpg

Model

Brand Acer

Model H213H bmid

Cabinet Color Black

Display

Screen Size 21.5"

Widescreen Yes

Maximum Resolution 1920 x 1080

Recommended Resolution 1920 x 1080

Viewing Angle 170°(H) / 160°(V)

Pixel Pitch 0.248mm

Display Colors 16.7 Million

Brightness 300 cd/m2

Contrast Ratio 20000:1

Response Time 5ms

Horizontal Refresh Rate 30-80Khz

Vertical Refresh Rate 55-75Hz

Connectivity

Input Video Compatibility Analog RGB, Digital

Connectors D-Sub, DVI, HDMI

D-Sub 1

DVI 1

HDMI 1

Power

Complies with Energy Star

Power Consumption ON: <58W

Convenience

Regulatory Approvals MPRII

Stand Adjustments Tilt

Built in TV Tuner No

Built in Speakers 2 x 1W

HDCP Support Yes

Features VESA Wall Mounting: 100x100mm

Acer SensorTouch Technology

516Iue8IgOL._SS400_.jpg

Surprisingly just as fun as Civ on the PC. ;o

5118yUaQB1L._SS400_.jpg

I have done nothing but crash the everloving **** out of all the cars around me and the game has rewarded me for it. :kamina:

61kqA4coi2L._SS400_.jpg

Eh, why not?

Thank you GameStop and your buy two used games get one free promo. :3

I won a contest for selling the most PS3 consoles in my district as opposed to last year. I won a copy of Killzone 2, MLB: The Show 09, and a dual shock 3 controller. I already had Killzone 2, which I love, so I gave that away to my third key. Going to play The Show shortly, and plan to put it up on the cast. Kind of excited here. The Show looks amazing in my interactive at work.

Iron will?

Actually, while bulky, CRT monitors are pretty nice, in terms of image quality, that is . . .

I agree. I use a CRT now, actually, and while it is huge, it gets me 1920x1200 resolution and fast refresh without any ghosting. The only thing I'd replace it with would be something equivalent at least 24" big.

I won a contest for selling the most PS3 consoles in my district as opposed to last year. I won a copy of Killzone 2, MLB: The Show 09, and a dual shock 3 controller. I already had Killzone 2, which I love, so I gave that away to my third key. Going to play The Show shortly, and plan to put it up on the cast. Kind of excited here. The Show looks amazing in my interactive at work.

Nice. The Show is pretty much the only reason why I want a PS3 since it's a Sony exclusive. :( Like the commercials say, it's the most realistic baseball game out there. And I'd say it's the only decent baseball game out there. 2K sports games are ****.

I am at my aunt's house in Minnesota, which compared to Arizona, is ungodly humid. On the bright side, I got a s**tload of music, including:

The Cars: 25th Anniversary Edition by the Cars

Good ol' classic rock

Crossroads

From The Cradle

Unplugged

Cream Of Clapton

All by Eric Clapton. Unlugged is excellent

Warrior's Code by Dropkick Murphys

Excellent Boston bar rock

Collideoscope by Living Colour

Pretty good rock-funk-metal-whatever-the-hell-it-is.

Gods Of The Earth by the Sword

Excellent heavy metal/doom metal, whatever.

Time 3 by Journey

Heapin' helpin' of power ballads

Black Clouds and Silver Linings by Dream Theater

Excellent prog-speed-metal, but not quite as good as Images And Words or Awake, but damn close.

Operation Mindcrime II by Queensrÿche (had to refer to wikipedia to spell the damn name right.)

More good heavy metal

Last but not least,

Chickenfoot, by Chickenfoot

*inhale*

The best album I have bought in the last 5 years. This even supasses my previous favorite albums of all time, Blessed Hellride, by Black Label Society, and Surfing with The Alien, by Satch. These guys have really outdone thierselves this time. If you can say with a staight face that you are a fan of Van Halen, Joe Satriani, (pre-Black Album) Metallica, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Jethro Tull, or rock in general that wasn't not crapped out by Disney, AFI, or the Killers in the last 10 - 15 years, you owe it to yourself to buy this album immediately. As in right the f**k now.

Thank you for reading my massive wall of text. Now onto our regularly scheduled program.

Had the "old people vrs. video games" collision today.

Subject of computers came up between my bro and I with our grandparents. They said along the lines of, "oh, computers when I was a teen were things the size of school lockers and only scientists could use." So I but out my PSP and play a little Me and My Katamari for them. Spend a few minutes explaining what a PSP is and all that jazz.

Then the awesome old person view point of games: "The only games I know are Solitare on the computer and the bad ones where you shoot cops and stuff (GTA:IV)". I agree, there are some bad games, bad in violent and offensive, and bad as just plain bad. They ask the prices of games "$50/60 for a new game, under $20 games are pretty popular, too".

Then I pull out my laptop and show both of them this trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-the-last/50284

My grandma thought it was the coolest **** ever, grandpa on the other hand thought it was sorta meh.

Amazing graphics, amazing setting, whimsical creatures, touching story elements. I like to think I was able to change their opinions on games today. They're big FOX News watchers, so I'm guessing all they know are either Cop killing simulators and Debbie Does Dallas + Star Wars games.

In addition to massive text wall, I went to Guitar world today, and bought a nice Dunlop Crybaby Wah-Wah pedal, with extension cable and power supply.

Total cost: $70 and change

For those of you that aren't total guitar dweebs like I am, good wah-wah pedals like the one I got go for $70 - $125 brand new without the power supply and whatnot.

Life is good.

After constant searching, I finally found a .flac rip of Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution - A Call To Arms EP. All I was previously able to find was a 128kb mp3 rip, maybe even less than that. It was tinny, and rattled, but it was all I could find, and thus I grit my teeth and went with it.

However, after I pressed play on the .flac rip, I needed to change my pants.

Damn good album. I got it a couple days ago. I personally like Awake better, but it is hard to top awesomeness like that. Did you get the Special Edition?

Yup, I got the 3CD set and the vinyl record too. I don't like the packaging on the 3CD set though... the CD slips are always falling out of the box.

Overall I'm really impressed with the album. Its a HUGE improvement over Systematic Chaos. The album is brilliant, the only two things that bug me are the growling vocals on A Nightmare to Remember and the lyrics to The Count of Tuscany (GET INTO MY CAR LETS GO FOR A DRIVE!). But some of the band's greatest moments are on here, including that guitar solo in The Best of Times, and the "Peaceful Sedation" section of ANTR.

As for overall ranking of their albums... I put it fifth, in this order (from favorite to least):

Scenes from a Memory

Images and Words

Awake

Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence

Black Clouds & Silver Linings

Train of Thought

Octavarium

Falling Into Infinity

Systematic Chaos

When Dream and Day Unite

In conclusion, I'm going to marry it one day.

4782_1085457696988_1242750096_30237136_291618_n.jpg

Niiiiiiice. My favorite track off of there has to be Stargazer, even if it is a cover. The guitar part is awesome. However, Nightmare to remember is epic and awesome

When I was a Best Buy picking up BCaSL and Chickenfoot, they had a whole rack of Vinyls. And it was stuff like Chinese Democracy and Master Of Puppets on vinyl, not the classic stuff like Rush and Eric Clapton, like i was expecting. Guess it's just one of those retro things.

And i just looked at the calendar, and just realized I bought the album 2 days after it came out. :D

Archived