Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Speaking of which, hubby bought me an early birthday present and upgraded my iPhone to a new 32GB 3GS, which arrived yesterday. :)

Got quite a few new CD's, the best of which are...

8696543x.jpg

9925679x.jpg

5889467x.jpg

8696666x.jpg

Finished up my "summer job" last Friday. First had to do the necessary bodywork(mainly sanding the old paintjob off), and removed any stickers on the bike. Then followed with a fresh black paintjob, taped up the flames and painted those with a small airbrush for a nice finish. Corrected any mishaps on the paintjob, laquered and assembled. The owner took it off my hands last Friday and gave me a wad of well-needed cash. Pictures below:

Sivukatejatankki.jpg

Isosivukate.jpg

Kokohelahoito.jpg

Takasivukate.jpg

Sweet flamejob, Keno!

Forgot to post this over here, I grabbed this 32" HDTV off of Craigslist for a song. It wasn't working right but a reflow of the joints on the power regulation board and it's been going strong ever since.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2925&stc=1&d=1246325645

Also, I got another 360 Pro with 2 games off of craigslist for 120 and also one missing the dvd drive for 40.

Very good thing: I finally, somehow, someway, beat Jordan on Expert on GHII on the 360. This was the only song in any Guitar Hero game that I hadn't been able to beat. F***. Yes.

I pulled that one too...on my buddy's XBox and not mine.

**** my life.

apple-ipod-touch.jpg

Also picked up the headphones with mic and remote on them.

If anyone is in the market for an iPod Touch (1st gen) shoot me a message, this one is replacing my old one so I want to unload that. It still works perfectly, I just needed more storage and wanted to be able to make skype calls.

I got this recently as a belated B-day gift:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=336&pictureid=3559

Obviously worth the wait. Nuff Said. :devsmoke:

Actually, while bulky, CRT monitors are pretty nice, in terms of image quality, that is . . .

Or when they break beyond repair, their components are actually pretty sweet--'cept for the broken stuff of course. I found a power transistor that normally costs $20 that way.

cboxprototype.jpg

Prototype (got it a few weeks ago)

And a nice 62" tripod.

Just got that as well. Fantastic game so far, actually. Really in depth story and character development, it seems.

Also: What kind of tripod? Pics?

You'd better be starting an illegal gambling den with that.

Well, with the way it's now sitting in my garage now it's almost in a gambling den already.

Also, writing a summary of a book as your reading it makes for a lot of typing...

171 pages into a 970 page book = 15 pages / 9000+ words of summary

th_typinglots.jpg

I'm writing it as an annotation really.

Core i7

I won't be able to use it for a few months, as it's my first part bought and I'm buying slowly as things go on sale, but.... at least I picked it up for $199.99 - a savings of $70 if I would have bought it from Newegg

But in a month or two it could drop $70 couldn't it? rendering your saving useless. I never buy PC parts until I need them, even if they are on sale.

But in a month or two it could drop $70 couldn't it? rendering your saving useless. I never buy PC parts until I need them, even if they are on sale.

Nah, the price isn't supposed to drop, because the i5 is supposed to become the mainstream processor.

And even if it does drop $70 (extremely unlikely) - then it would be the same as buying it now.

Thus, I lose nothing by buying now.

_EW_

Well, with the way it's now sitting in my garage now it's almost in a gambling den already.

Also, writing a summary of a book as your reading it makes for a lot of typing...

171 pages into a 970 page book = 15 pages / 9000+ words of summary

th_typinglots.jpg

I'm writing it as an annotation really.

I feel as if I'm in a similar boat as you.

I have to read and journal "The Fountainhead" for my English Class. I'm on the third chapter of part 1, and I have two entire pieces of paper filled with notes... after about 15 pages... ~headsmack~

I feel as if I'm in a similar boat as you.

I have to read and journal "The Fountainhead" for my English Class. I'm on the third chapter of part 1, and I have two entire pieces of paper filled with notes... after about 15 pages... ~headsmack~

Ouch, that's some heavy writing there.

Heh... but this isn't for a class... I'm just doing it for ****s and giggles. But then again, the Wikipedia page for the book has no summary at all, so I may put a shortened version on there and link to the full annotation separately. I'm basically creating a "I don't wanna read all 970 pages, how about 60 pages instead?" version of the book.

Why am I doing this?...

Jesus Christ; Do yourself a favor, and just burn it and watch the movie with Gary Cooper, or better yet, just play BioShock.

Oh, wait.

Current Game: BioShock

Archived