Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10420.jpg

ITS MINE

Learning to drive standard...slowly. so far I suck at it. but FINALLY. TRANSPORTATION

I may not have a license, but I can shift like a mofo at least...

Maybe I should get one... like... soon.

"You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me?"

-dom, the fast and the furious

This quote always made me laugh, cause how often do drag racers double clutch... rarely, and other racers usually only use it when skipping a gear during downshifts. And he was paying that close attention to the other cars, highly suspect (but it's hollywood) to say the least :p

Well I had been resisting Gamestop's buy 2 get 1 free sales for the past month or so but today I caved...

call2.jpg

far-cry-2-xbox.jpg

james-bond-quantum-of-solace.jpg

Yes I know that last one got crap reviews... But I love James Bond games and it was free.

Decided to get the new Sam & Max, finally. ALL of the new Sam & Max. Hey, they had a special and a coupon. :p

Surfin the Highway Limited Edition Signed Hardcover Comic Book

Sam & Max Season One game DVD

Sam & Max Season Two game DVD

Sam & Max Animated Series DVD

Flaming Max Hat

Max & Crossbones T-Shirt

Sam & Max Season One Soundtrack

Sam & Max Season Two Soundtrack

Some more bits for my computer:

G2410HD-03-3%20image.jpg

24" and 1920x1080 of shiny.

R0167968-04.jpg

GTX275 to replace my 8800GT which wouldn't have coped too well with the larger monitor.

e-system.jpg

And a digital TV tuner, this does involve a large portable antenna on top of my computer as there is no wall socket nearby but it works.

Comic-Con loot:

Amazing Spider-Man Issue 600

Deadpool Suicide Kings 4/5

Signed Peter Mayhew photo:

2iig4nc.jpg

X-Men Legacy Hardcover:

fuvq8n.jpg

Oh yeah, it's signed by STAN THE MAN LEE:

15mcw42.jpg

Got it for my brother for his birthday next month but wanted to post it because it's awesome.

Also

2724189255_88d1a1b22c_o.jpg

Also got a Monkey Island poster signed by the producers / designers of the Special Edition (kind of hard to see signatures):

35i5ac0.jpg

Probably cooler than the actual autographs is just the fact that they knew about LFN.

PWNAGE!

I think Haruhi is a crazy girl, but whatever. She won't be caught doing nothing, and she won't be persuaded to back down from some pursuit she feels/thinks 'worth it'... and will even bend reality to do it. Or so I hear.

Those autographs are FTW! Seriously, can you get a badge or something for that? That's just sheer awesome.

PWNAGE!

No no no, it's awesome. He didn't own anybody, it wasn't a competition.

I think Haruhi is a crazy girl, but whatever. She won't be caught doing nothing, and she won't be persuaded to back down from some pursuit she feels/thinks 'worth it'... and will even bend reality to do it. Or so I hear.

i think haruhi is a pretty cool guy. eh plays god and doesn't afraid of anything.*

Those autographs are FTW! Seriously, can you get a badge or something for that? That's just sheer awesome.

image.php?u=147969&type=sigpic&dateline=1247193911

*Yea, I did it slightly wrong

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Edit:

hothothot102.jpg

YAAAAAAY!!!1

Good stuff:

-Got my car finally paid off. It only took 2 years.

-My aunt is now a grandma

-My old fencing Captain mailed me a new sword as a thank you gift for keeping his sword play club together after he left.

@ Tie23 & Pie: Aw dammit. >_<

Guess I walked right into that one. :^)

Got this the other day for $20.

sinsofsolarempire_ad.jpg

Really liking it after around 9 hours of play time. It takes 4 to 5 hours to learn how to play effectively, but once you get into the groove of things it really

starts to take off. I really like it because it reminds me of Rise of Nations, the only other RTS game that I really liked. It's the combination of nation building

(well, rather than "nations and cities" it's "factions and planets") and real time space battles that really get me going. Think if you took the empire building of

Civilization IV, and the battle gameplay of Homeworld and/or Total War... but made them all in real time, all the time.

There is no story mode, rather it's just got skirmish mode and multiplayer, but the games can last really long. A 1v1 match on a single solar system will take

around 3-6 hours. While larger matches may take you days. I think I'm gonna be playing this a lot for the next good while. My first match had me lost in the sauce,

so I was the clear loser pretty quick (I only got around a pitiful 3 planets after two hours, while my enemy had more than 10). So I tried again, turned off pirate raids,

and set the difficulty to easy. That time I steam-rolled over them and amassed a massive flotilla of ships with hundreds of units and a dozen capital ships.

The thing that impresses me the most is the reliable AI of your units and the way battles play out. Rather than direct fire exactly, you really just guide your armies

to battles and they take care of themselves. You can skip along the galaxy managing and building, while just tending to your war effort with minimal complications,

the AI just works the way you'd want them to. The empire tree is also very interesting, it's basically a way to call on any unit or factory or planet from anywhere

you are without having to actually go to it. The whole thing just works like a well oiled machine.

Blah blah yea yea. The end.

Warhammer_40,000_Dawn_of_War_II.jpg

Just picked this up on Steam, it's installing now. Been wanting it for a while but didn't want to pay full price for it, and all Relic games are 50% off on Steam this weekend, so if you don't have this and want it, now is the time. $25 is a steal.

Archived