Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got tickets to see these mother****ers in October with Deftones.

Slipknot-AllHopeIsGone2008.jpg

On Tuesday, I went to see Killswitch Engage, In Flames, and Protest The Hero. ****ing awesome. Meet Protest The Hero. They definitely have to be my favourite band right now and bought this bad ass shirt.

pth_poseidon_shirt_thumb.jpg

Eventually I hope to get their other shirts, with Hades and Boreas.

Figuring out the new Zune 4.0 software. Despite some weird assed bugs, the thing is amazing when it's working properly. I had to work for an hour just to get it installed. Had to build my entire catalog three times, my podcasts are still a little sketchy, and it has a tendency to display all of my music twice at random moments (which leads to the deleting of the library and re-importation).

But I just figured out how to use Smart DJ playlists. It's basically the magic that is Pandora, but it downloads the Pandora list 30 songs deep (as many more or less if you want) and keeps them on your computer and device, and it updates itself regularly. You can also change it to build a list of similar songs you already have in your possession (makes it easy to build good themed playlists), to either contain old and new, or just new stuff that you've never heard before from it's online catalog

Also, with a Zune Pass, you can stream any song you want from their website alone, so that's cool. It's nice, too. When using Pandora, if you ever find a song you like a lot, you either A) Spend money and actually buy it, or B) Just torrent the damn thing. But with this Zune pass **** I just right click and download the entire album right there, you know... legally.

I know I sound like an infomercial, but it's just my experience. I mean, really. I just downloaded around $300 in music in half an hour. And hell, my brother and sister are doing the same thing with their Zunes and computers. $5 a person a month... And then 10 free songs.

Edit:

Rodrigo Y Gabriela - re-Foc, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, and 11:11.

Absolutely amazing stuff.

QFT

Archived