• Last Reply

Toys R Us buy 2 get 1 free sale...

th_79-261-047-04.jpg

Killzone 2 ($60)

th_79-261-047-04.jpg

Killzone 2 ($60)

th_79-261-122-23.jpg

MotorStorm Pacific Rift ($0)

Yeah, I talked it over with the guy at the counter about all my plans involving my PS3. It coming in the mail and me having all the best games for it right away. But then how Uncharted 2 is impossible to find at the moment. So I asked him "If I bought two copies of one game and then came back and exchanged it for a copy of Uncharted 2, could I do that?" Well, he totally said yes (and another one agreed with him, saying it was a question they've been asked a few time before). So I bought two copies of Killzone 2 so I can return it later. I can wait, gonna have to play through Uncharted 1, anyways.

31EqevbsoVL._SS500_.jpg

Rock Band Stage Kit

I had been thinking about buying a fog machine for my annual Halloween party, and most of them run for about $60 - $100.

When this particular item first hit my store, it retailed at $99.99, however it is now going for $29.99! I have sold two of them, and neither of them ever came back defective, so I figured it would be alright. I picked this up and after my employee discount it was exactly $25.49 after taxes!

The good news:

This thing is absolutely freaking awesome! This whole set connects to your 360 via USB cable. It works on Rock Band 2 on all of the download content and Rock Band 1 stuff as well. Each song has a preset light show. The LED is actually a 360 remote with the D pad, start and select buttons. The singer will need to use this as the control option. There is a little kick stand on the bottom that points it at an angle and if you raise the little magnifying glass part, the led lights shine through it and make it look like laser beams! There is a strobe light built right into the fog machine itself on the front!

The bad news:

This machine does not work with Beatles Rock Band at all. The kit only comes with 500 ml (0.5L) of fog liquid which runs out in about an hour. I am running pretty low at the time of this post. The fog machine can be kind of distracting at times as there is some minor noise when the fog is emitting. The amount of fog is staggering, it completely filled the first and second level of my town home full of smoke in a matter of minutes, and even set off my smoke alarm...lol! Also, according to the instruction manual, PDP does not want you to use any other brand of fog liquid.

The good news:

I have read many online reviews, and as I figured any other water based fog liquid WILL work in the fog machine. However, if you DO decide to buy PDP brand fog liquid, it is only 9.99 for a gallon on the PDP site! http://www.pdp.com/prod_detail.php?sku=PL3648

I might shop around at the local Halloween shops tomorrow, and if I don't find a better deal, I will order from PDP for some extra fog liquid.

Also some random good news:

The Microsoft brand Lips wireless mics now work on Rock Band 2. There was a recent update. The only downside to that, is that you may have to adjust the mic sensitivity a bit. I was messing up on Easy due to some mic delay between my surround system. Also there might be some feedback if your surround system is up too loud, and the mic sensitivity is set too high.

There are a great deal of demonstrations on youtube, this one looks most accurate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQAUO1OXcYU&feature=related

I'd hotbox my bedroom while playing Megadeth songs with that thing. I'd probably lose sight of the screen after a little bit. But damn, it'd be funny as hell.

"Their bodies convulse, in agony, and, pain.

I mangle their faces, till no features remain.

A blade for the butchering, I cut them to shreds.

First take out the organs, then cut off the head.

The remains of flesh now sop under my feet.

One more bloody massacre, the murders' complete.

I seek to dismember, a sadist fiend.

And, blood baths are my way of getting clean.

I lurk in the alleys, wait for the kill.

I have no remorse for the blood that I spill

A merciless butcher who lives underground.

I'm out to destroy you and, I will, cut you down.

- Cut you down.

I see you, and, I'm waiting, for Black Friday."

~The lyrics to one of my most played Rock Band 2 songs.

I'd like to see the light show for that.

*jealous*

I'm really starting to want a PS3. D:

I know... at least now I'm ready for The Last Guardian when it comes out in like 5 years.

Edit: Whoops, didn't mean to double post. lol, hours late fix.

On friday I was at Hermie's house playing rock band 2' date=' and aced Cannibal Corpse's Hammer Smashed Face on vocals. Only thing missing was a smoke-machine.[/quote']

You could

Also, I have that song, too, and whenever I play it the experience is ruined cause of Ace Ventura.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

How many times have you seen them? I swear I've read this many times before. :p

I saw Slipknot last night. All I can say that it was ****ing sick. Next week, I'm going to see All That Remains with Lacuna Coil.

It was the third time, but it was ****ing awesome to see them with Pest on vocals. Brilliant concert, less than decent crowd though. The emo and hardcore-people of Trondheim by far outweighed the metalheads, starting a moshpit at the first song. Who the hell starts a moshpit at a black metal concert? :confused:

My mind might change once I sober up, but the new songs slayed.

The emo and hardcore-people of Trondheim by far outweighed the metalheads, starting a moshpit at the first song. Who the hell starts a moshpit at a black metal concert? :confused:

Word. I've been to a few emo-hardcore concerts and the moshpits ****ing suck. I dunno 'bout you, but it makes me want to knock someone the **** out when all they do is flail their arms and legs. Another thing that bugs the **** outta me, is people who crowdsurf, but that just might be me. :p

a315998c5b209736fb648c5d19e1f55e.jpg

New Rammstein album! It would be nice to see them come over to Canada. They're one of the few bands that I haven't seen yet that I want to see before they're done touring.

Word. I've been to a few emo-hardcore concerts and the moshpits ****ing suck. I dunno 'bout you, but it makes me want to knock someone the **** out when all they do is flail their arms and legs.

I know what you mean. Ozzy will always be kinda cool, but the mosh pits weren't *much* better than that in Ozzfest. I went in 2003.

At least people were jumpkicking and clotheslining one another added with, err, street hockey-checking when Cradle of Filth took the dirt stage. They should have been main stage, that was bull****.

otherwise...Mostly it was running circles, kneeing, and rough shoulder knocking. Maybe jumping and/or dry-humping occasionally.

Another thing that bugs the **** outta me, is people who crowdsurf, but that just might be me. :p

I don't mind surf other people do but I hated it when some douchenozzle stole one person's shoes and threw them in different directions--one just happened to hit me in the head. I'm all jumping around. *THUNK* WTF?!

Archived