Home

I just came to my attention today that apparently, back in May, three new chapters were made of the Azumanga Daioh manga... And I got my dirty hands on it already. It's cool seeing the characters being redrawn in Azuma's updated art style.

That's all. : P

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just submitted my last assignment for the semester, which means that I am now (unofficially) graduated with an Associate of Arts degree, with a (probable) 3.9+ GPA after over 60 credit hours.

Now I can start really building a portfolio and looking for a job. I've been told by professionals that I don't really need any more school in order to be hired for an art job. I may eventually go back to school if I ever want to move up in the game or film industry. However, before that happens I have to figure out what I actually want to do. In order to do that I actually have to get into the industry first in order to figure out how everything works and what I like doing.

[EDIT] I ended up with 3.951 GPA over 67 credit hours. All As and one B.

61JPM0CiX0L._SS500_.jpg

I never played these back on the PS2 and due to a recent development of no girlfriend, I've been tearing into games again. Snagged this collection and HOLY CHAINSWORDS BATMAN! It's friggin amazing. Epic, gory, intense, an awesome story, mind boggling puzzles, and some of the most infuriating, entertaining, and intuitive combat I've ever come across. These games are taking their rightful albeit tardy places as some of the best games I've ever played. Can't wait for March 31. OLYMPUS WILL FALL!!!

Just got the last achievement I was missing in Rock Band 2: The Bladder Of Steel :D

For those of you who don't know what this is, it involves beating the Endless Setlist 2, which is all 84 songs on the disc, all in a row, at once, on medium or harder difficulty, without failing or pausing the game. I did it on medium vocals, and I started at about 11:50 PM and finished at about 5:55 AM.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to need a lozenge...

I don't use Facebook all that often, but whenever I do, I usually do a throw-away status update and call it good. Since I don't really care for my account all that much, I'm fine with having extended family having me on their lists... other than refraining from cursing in status updates, it doesn't really change my behavior.

Anyway, last update I decided to make a stupid internet inside joke and posted "Ackk! I accidentally the whole house." ... So, my aunt responds "You accidentally the whole house what?" --- Whoops, looks like I made my aunt concerned about me. So I explain the joke and blah blah blah...

Well...

Just got an email saying my grandma (who is like the oldest person on the planet who owns an iPhone and knows how to use Photoshop on a nearly professional level) left me a comment, which reads: "well, I accidentally the whole town of Reseda"

I lol'd. ... This is my grandma here. My old grandma made a 4Chan joke... seriously... : P

Cooler-Master-HAF932.jpg

Overheating is no longer an issue. ever

That's the case I decided to go with for my new computer, its awesome. Its also huge, I didn't really look at the size of it when I was looking at cases (was shopping via newegg) and so I wasn't expecting it to be as big as it is when I got it :p.

My present for Christmas was the call I just got a few minutes ago from my new job. I start on Monday. I've been doing temp work but it was just enough to pay rent and utilities. I'm so happy. Funny how you don't value such things 'till rice is the only thing on the table... :p
Congrats Samuel! ^_^

My present for Christmas was the call I just got a few minutes ago from my new job. I start on Monday. I've been doing temp work but it was just enough to pay rent and utilities. I'm so happy. Funny how you don't value such things 'till rice is the only thing on the table... :p

Butbutbutbut.... I love rice!

Heres a sneak peak of the song I've been working on with my friend. Its a concept album and all of the lyrics are written and everything. I'm just gonna copy/paste the note I posted on facebook. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLAHbFCQK5g

Album cover

22677_1182897852931_1242750096_30469798_6701412_n.jpg

Liner notes

22677_1182899812980_1242750096_30469800_5557004_n.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen... as an early Christmas present, I give you... "A Perfect Memory".

"A Perfect Memory" is an album I've been working on since September 2009. Its a concept album and it is based on the events in the last two years of my life, both the high points and the rock bottoms. Currently, there is about 15 minutes of music composed, and about 7 minutes of music recorded. I have been working very hard on planning little details everywhere throughout the album, and thanks to the help of Jake Mattison the music in this project is really starting to look really good.

Technically, "A Perfect Memory" is one big song, but it will be broken down into 12 smaller tracks. We are aiming for the song to be anywhere from 45-60 minutes in length. Here is the tracklisting so far, but it could (and probably will) change at any time.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE PREVIEW ON YOUTUBE

A PERFECT MEMORY

I. Remnants of a Past (Instrumental)

II. From Afar

III. A Perfect Memory

IV. Beneath the Tree (Instrumental)

V. And The Leaves Have Fallen

VI. A Shadow is Cast (Instrumental)

VII. Confusion and Chaos

VIII. Another Broken Chain

IX. Progressing Forward (Instrumental)

X. A Perfect Memory... Revisited

XI. Here Again

XII. Below The Setting Sun

I currently have all of the lyrics written, and "Part II. From Afar" is more or less finished. The sound sample is mostly comprised of random bits and pieces from "From Afar" and "Confusion and Chaos". All of the music in the clip are rough first takes, so expect a much more polished product. There are a few errors here and there, but we probably won't be able to record anymore until January. I just wanted to show a little bit of the progress we're making for those who are interested.

Once we have finished writing and composing the music, and have learned it front to back, we plan on going into a recording studio and get it professionally recorded and mixed.

A little sample of the lyrics:

PART XII. BELOW THE SETTING SUN

What is heart break?

What is depression?

What is happiness?

What is delusion?

Sitting below this setting sun

I've found no answers to calm me down

I'm not sure of anything I've learned

I haven't found anything to rely upon

And I miss those eyes

That stared up in admiration

Holding me high above the rest

Staring into the deepest part of me

And I miss your warmth

When I'm trying to sleep at night

So cold out here in November

Colder than any year I've known in my life

And I miss that setting sun

Because it already set so long ago

I guess I missed that too

When I refused to let you go

In these shadows I walk

But I know I am not alone

Somewhere you are out there

Walking beneath the setting sun

Let me know what you think! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Went to some strange outlet store with my brother, dad, and grandma called Tuesday Morning to get some kitchen things like pans and spatulas for my brother and I found this thing on the shelf:

BfbgbnQWkKGrHqUOKjsErzffprwBLBPtNsJ.jpg

This was one of many crappy toys I found in the store. Of which I made plenty of jokes about between my brother and myself. Their toy section was just full of Rite-Aid level, direct from China, no brand, possibly lead tainted, add-water dinosaur eggs level, random crap toys. Well, I just thought that the idea was so absurd, a Indiana Jones Nazi GI-Joe. So, I picked it up and put it down a few times. Made jokes. And then when my grandma jokingly asked me if I wanted it, I decided to forgo to usual "nah, not really" and decided to take her up on the offer... but make her take it to the register. XD

This thing is awesome.

I've swung him from a rope. Made him go on a zip-line. Have recorded video of him getting shot with Nerf guns. Made all sorts of fun, and have named him "Hans Krauser von Doomenstein". He was only $10, too. : P

Also, I saw Avatar today, and I've watched Avatar the cartoon... so, double reference entendre.

Hans Krauser von Doomenstein symbiotically coupled with an Air Monkey.

naviHansKrauser.jpg

Yip.... yip. Haha.

i got some tiberious cologne as well as all the trek movies on blu ray, not to mention 2 1970 battlestar galactica models

I got the TNG movie set on Bluray. Along with a crapton of money from xmas presents.

I'm seriously considering getting my hands on the complete (new) battlestar galactica bluray set.

Got a bunch of games on sale from Steam:

X3: Reunion

X3: Terran Conflict (jaymack convinced me to get it, though I haven't been able to figure it out yet. It's Complicated.)

Doom Ultimate

Doom 2

Doom 3 (almost entirely for the mod Into Cerberon)

Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil

Final Doom

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Plus the full Jedi Knight series (already owned them but picked them up on Steam for the convenience)

Hah, don't look at me. I haven't actually played it yet since I'm busy with Doom 3, though I did start it up for a few minutes to have a look. It was pretty, but I had no idea what was going on. xD

Jaymack did say it was fun, though it requires Effort and some amount of Dedication. Though I suppose one can always use cheats and ditch some of the initial grind for money. It's something I might do if it's tedious enough. I did learn that there was a time compression button in there somewhere so at least it's not like trying to play Flight Simulator in real time. :p

Hah, don't look at me. I haven't actually played it yet since I'm busy with Doom 3, though I did start it up for a few minutes to have a look. It was pretty, but I had no idea what was going on. xD

Jaymack did say it was fun, though it requires Effort and some amount of Dedication. Though I suppose one can always use cheats and ditch some of the initial grind for money. It's something I might do if it's tedious enough. I did learn that there was a time compression button in there somewhere so at least it's not like trying to play Flight Simulator in real time. :p

Well.... I like Sins of a Solar Empire.... and I DO play Flight Simulator in real time :p

So I think I might like it :D

Archived