Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually a few here have gotten [borderlands]. Curious, anyone here care to elaborate their experiences (good/bad/indifferent)?

I got it in the Steam sale but as my computer is boxed up while I move house (and even when I do move I won't have internet for a week or so) I have not played it yet. Looking forward to giving it a go though.

8xo504.jpgk9z405.jpg

Dude, you just earned +1 cool.

On Monday, we went bowling, then Game store, then we saw How to Train Your Dragon 3D, which is really, really, really good. Go see it.

From Game I got an amazing deal. Guitar Hero World Tour, Guitar Hero Metallica and 2 guitars for £60. I used £50 of vouchers (my husband got for free from work), and so paid £10 for the lot. I've already put Metallica on Ebay, so by the time it sells I will be in profit. With the proceeds I'll be getting either Guitar Hero 5 or Rock Band 2, haven't decided yet. I also got Ghostbusters on sale.

guitar-hero-world-tour.jpg

ghostbusters-the-video-game-xbox-360-box.jpg

I have World Tour and both Rock Bands if you ever want to jam out. I only have a guitar controller, though.

(Though, with the Atlantic Ocean between us, the time difference might be difficult to get around...)

*smack*

Rb2-box.JPG

There is no decision to be made here.

^this

How to Train Your Dragon 3D

^also this

I actually went to see the 2D version, so now I'm planning on seeing the 3D version to compare - something I haven't done with a movie yet.

How to Train Your Dragon was absolutely brilliant.

I recommend it to EVERYONE. It was the movie I always wanted as a child. Coincidientally, I get the feeling that teenage girls will like it just as much, if not more, than the adolescent boy in all of us that it tries to appeal to. The entire movie is one big "D'AWWWWWWWW" moment.

Oh, and I saw it in 2D on recommendation, but the guy who told me this generally hates 3D no matter what. Has anyone seen both to comment?

*smack*

Rb2-box.JPG

There is no decision to be made here.

^that

Seriously...

Edit:

Aunt left to fly back to London. Left me with this parting gift, two Star Wars pillow cases. I'll use one and probably give the other to my brother. :V

pillow.jpg

Okay, okay lol, I think I got the message. I'll be getting Rock Band 2. ;)

Got this through the door today. Absolutely THE best BBC documentary series ever made. I was so disappointed when it ended, I pre-ordered the Blu-Ray instantly. Prof. Brian Cox is my new favourite presenter (even though I already knew him from his appearances on The Sky at Night). He is so enthusiastic about his subject matter, and the passion shines through, he is awesome. I strongly recommend everyone watch it if they get the chance.

13705742x.jpg

HOLY F***ING F*** MONSTERS WE JUST FOUND OUR PRICELESS SHIH-TZU THAT HAS BEEN GONE FOR TWO WEEKS!!!

EDIT: Alright, here's the whole story.

Two weeks ago, on the 27th, my uncle brought his truck and car trailer over to help us move all the furniture. Before he got here, I left to take my mom lunch at the Petsmart she works at, and I talked with her during her lunch over what our plan was for the next week as we moved everything. When I got back they already had half the stuff on the trailer and my dads truck partially full, so I immediately jumped in to help. About an hour later, I saw our cat Izzy dart out from under some chairs when I went to move them, and immediately went "Howd Izzy get out?" She got out because my dad never locked her or our dog Braeden in the bathroom while we had the door and gate open. So at this point he had been gone for like 2+ hours. We canvased the neighborhoods and all surrounding neighborhoods for the next 2 hours, before I had to go pick my mom up from work. It was the worst 15 minute drive of my life, because while he was near and dear to all of us, he was specifically her baby. The next day I made a flyer and went and got it copied and started hanging them all around the neighborhoods, but it was extremely hard to actively search for him when we were (at the time) supposed to be out of that place in the next 3 days. I had given up all hope, but my mom hadn't. She has cried at least once every day since.

We just got the keys to our new place yesterday, and slept there last night. Today after I picked my mom up from work and got home, we all went to Lowes to get ant killer for a gigantic anthill in the new backyard and airfilters. My mom and dad took forever picking a bug killer (which I very loudly and constantly pointed out). On the way back, we turned onto our old places street, I noticed the crackho lookin lady on the sidewalk that was talking to a guy on a bike with 2 teeth had a dog in her purse, and it was really dark but it looked the right size, so I mouthed out "Turn around..." My parents went "Why?" To which I loudly and quickly responded "THAT LADY HAD A BRAEDEN SIZED DOG IN HER PURSE TURN THE **** AROUND!" My dad flipped a uturn faster than I've ever seen him, and we drove up and immediately recognized him as Braeden. He didn't have his collar on, turns out she found him 2 days ago on the street north of our old place sans collar. From what we can tell, someone did pick him up that first day and took his collar off intending to keep him as their own (as we had thought), but then got out. We immediately gave her all the cash we had and promised her that the next time we breed him with my aunts shih-tzu we'd bring her back a puppy of her own.

I'm still f***ing shaking, this is a god damn Disney f***ing miracle.

Got this through the door today. Absolutely THE best BBC documentary series ever made. I was so disappointed when it ended, I pre-ordered the Blu-Ray instantly. Prof. Brian Cox is my new favourite presenter (even though I already knew him from his appearances on The Sky at Night). He is so enthusiastic about his subject matter, and the passion shines through, he is awesome. I strongly recommend everyone watch it if they get the chance.

It was a brilliant series wasn't it. He also presented a few episodes of Horizon that are well worth trying to find a way to watch if you missed them.

Got this through the door today. Absolutely THE best BBC documentary series ever made.

It's hard to beat the raw awesomeness that was Planet Earth.

I just watched the first episode of Wonders of the Solar System online and it is pretty great though. I'm really interested in the 3D visualizations of things they did. I wanted to get the Blu-ray of it (I have Planet Earth, the British version) but BBC shop doesn't ship to America. :indif:

Only the BBCA store does, which doesn't have it.

At least the narrator actually appears on screen in this one, so they can't dub it over with Tom Cruise or something when they bring it here. ¬_¬

-Land O Lakes Chocolate milk

-Rainbow Sherbert Ice Cream

-Lansky's Pizza

-Schlotskys Original Sandwiches

-Dark Chocolate

-Chocolate Ice Cream

-Skittles

-Three Musketeers Candy

-Frosted Mini-Wheats Cereal

In general, delicious foods are very good things.

It's hard to beat the raw awesomeness that was Planet Earth.

I just watched the first episode of Wonders of the Solar System online and it is pretty great though. I'm really interested in the 3D visualizations of things they did. I wanted to get the Blu-ray of it (I have Planet Earth, the British version) but BBC shop doesn't ship to America. :indif:

Only the BBCA store does, which doesn't have it.

At least the narrator actually appears on screen in this one, so they can't dub it over with Tom Cruise or something when they bring it here. ¬_¬

Yeah, I heard they dub over Attenborough's voice in most of the BBC documentary's over there, which I find absolutely outrageous. I mean seriously, why? He is the best narrator there has ever been, and noone does a better job than him.

I have Planet Earth on Blu-Ray too btw, and while it IS absolutely amazing, for me Wonders of the Solar System beats it purely because of my love of astronomy, and so far this series has done the best job of presenting it in all it's magnificent glory. ;)

Edit: If you really can't get the Blu-Ray anywhere, I'll be happy to send it to you. I'm sure we can sort something out with Paypal.

Yes, they used Sigourney Weaver for Planet Earth and Oprah Winfrey for Life, and neither of them did nearly as good a job. I know I don't need an Americanized version of something for it to be fit for viewing... it's actually kind of embarrassing.

But anyway, if anyone wants Wonders, I believe you can get it here as it seems Amazon.co.uk ships movies to just about anywhere. I believe I will be devoting some of my steadily-dwindling funds towards it [Edit: order placed :D]. Thanks for the offer though, leXX.

Also, "Universal" should be fantastic.

Yes, they used Sigourney Weaver for Planet Earth and Oprah Winfrey for Life, and neither of them did nearly as good a job. I know I don't need an Americanized version of something for it to be fit for viewing... it's actually kind of embarrassing.

But anyway, if anyone wants Wonders, I believe you can get it here as it seems Amazon.co.uk ships movies to just about anywhere. I believe I will be devoting some of my steadily-dwindling funds towards it [Edit: order placed :D]. Thanks for the offer though, leXX

Aren't they region coded for Europe though?

Aren't they region coded for Europe though?

Uhh... didn't think about that. I guess I'll find out. :o

edit: Play.com says it's region B. Think I should cancel? This is such BS. X|

edit edit: "We are preparing these items for dispatch and this portion of your order cannot be cancelled or changed." Fantastic.

My 360 red-ringed about a week ago. The towel trick worked, but on Friday it died again. I did a strange 3 or 4 minute long towel trick and got it working again, but I knew the time was up. So, I had two options:

Pay $99, get a box, pay for shipping, and wait 3-4 weeks to get my 360 back.

-or-

Pay $199, get a new HDMI equipped Arcade 360 with a Jasper chipset and fans that don't sound as much like a leaf blower, and get a new $50 wireless controller with it. Also, it'll only take an hour to get.

So yeah, I got a new 360 Arcade. The white disc tray looks cool, you know, as a change of the ordinary. Only problem I have now is that the thing has internal memory built-in. Which now always shows that I have more than one storage device... and while I've only played one game so far, I have a feeling that I'm gonna be asked to select my storage device... all the time. A real stupid thing that seems like it can be avoided.

Oh, and I tore apart my 360 and ended up running it without it's case (it's not dead ATM, actually). Looking inside... yeah, the heatsink had dust completely covering one side, which cut down the air flow to the CPU by I would guess at least 80%.

Uhh... didn't think about that. I guess I'll find out. :o

edit: Play.com says it's region B. Think I should cancel? This is such BS. X|

edit edit: "We are preparing these items for dispatch and this portion of your order cannot be cancelled or changed." Fantastic.

Isn't there a way to region unlock your PS3? (I'm presuming that's what you're playing them on)

Isn't there a way to region unlock your PS3? (I'm presuming that's what you're playing them on)

Apparently there's no sure-fire way of doing that yet, so I'll probably just keep it in the plastic and send it back for a refund, then download the rest of them until they're released here. They make it so hard to give them money.

Apparently there's no sure-fire way of doing that yet, so I'll probably just keep it in the plastic and send it back for a refund, then download the rest of them until they're released here. They make it so hard to give them money.

So true. I guess patience is the key then. It will be released over there eventually, and like you say, at least they can't ruin it with over dubbing this time. It is definately worth the wait.

Archived