Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My 360 red-ringed about a week ago. The towel trick worked, but on Friday it died again. I did a strange 3 or 4 minute long towel trick and got it working again, but I knew the time was up. So, I had two options:

Pay $99, get a box, pay for shipping, and wait 3-4 weeks to get my 360 back.

-or-

Pay $199, get a new HDMI equipped Arcade 360 with a Jasper chipset and fans that don't sound as much like a leaf blower, and get a new $50 wireless controller with it. Also, it'll only take an hour to get.

So yeah, I got a new 360 Arcade. The white disc tray looks cool, you know, as a change of the ordinary. Only problem I have now is that the thing has internal memory built-in. Which now always shows that I have more than one storage device... and while I've only played one game so far, I have a feeling that I'm gonna be asked to select my storage device... all the time. A real stupid thing that seems like it can be avoided.

Oh, and I tore apart my 360 and ended up running it without it's case (it's not dead ATM, actually). Looking inside... yeah, the heatsink had dust completely covering one side, which cut down the air flow to the CPU by I would guess at least 80%.

Which generation (dead unit) do you have? I think mine is either the first or second. Sorta doing the same right now with my dead 360. Same deal--not completely dead.

Looking inside... yeah, the heatsink had dust completely covering one side, which cut down the air flow to the CPU by I would guess at least 80%.

Arr, this be the reason everybody who owns a console/computer/anything with a fan/heatsink buy a can of compressed air or find some way to dust those ****ers every month.

M

Pay $99, get a box, pay for shipping, and wait 3-4 weeks to get my 360 back.

-or-

Pay $199, get a new HDMI equipped Arcade 360 with a Jasper chipset and fans that don't sound as much like a leaf blower, and get a new $50 wireless controller with it. Also, it'll only take an hour to get.

Being a seasoned red ringer I can tell you that if you print your own label, shipping is free. It also only took 10 days to my second 360 back. The HDMI unit is nice, wireless controllers usually only end up running me about 40 USD. But if you really wanted to use it now, I can see how a few weeks could be worth 100 dollars, easily.

Being a seasoned red ringer I can tell you that if you print your own label, shipping is free. It also only took 10 days to my second 360 back. The HDMI unit is nice, wireless controllers usually only end up running me about 40 USD. But if you really wanted to use it now, I can see how a few weeks could be worth 100 dollars, easily.

Well, now I don't have a 360 that sounds like a belt sander when it's running. So that's good. I've got a fresh new controller. And I made a contract with my sister for her to help me pay for some of it (she plays it a few days a week). :p

Arr, this be the reason everybody who owns a console/computer/anything with a fan/heatsink buy a can of compressed air or find some way to dust those ****ers every month.

I've gone through the back vents a couple of times with some compressed air, but the area that was effected was essentially unreachable, as far as I could tell.

you are all terrible people and should be ashamed of yourselves

On-topic: Recently took advantage of GameStop's 50% off sale and picked up copies of:

Pure - ATV racing game, really freaking hard

Prototype - sandbox superhero(villain?) game, haven't really gotten that far in it cuz the main character is kind of a douche

Sonic's Ultimate Game Collection - Biggest nostalgia trip ever, with a whole slew of old Sega games that I was absolutely hooked on when I was younger

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - Very polished 2D fighting game with a ****-ton of flashing lights and bells and whistles, should tide me over until Super Street Fighter IV

I also got Final Fantasy XIII and am about 10 hours into it. It's the ultimate experience in linearity so far, I don't think I can wipe my ass without the game giving me a tutorial on it. Hoping it gets better soon.

Well, now I don't have a 360 that sounds like a belt sander when it's running. So that's good. I've got a fresh new controller. And I made a contract with my sister for her to help me pay for some of it (she plays it a few days a week). :p

I've gone through the back vents a couple of times with some compressed air, but the area that was effected was essentially unreachable, as far as I could tell.

dude isnt that the 2nd xbox you've gone through that problem with the red ring? mine went on me in september, but it was under warranty, it's not anymore. i want the hdmi equipped one now cause i got a 42" hdtv...

I got Bad Company 2 recently, not sure if you're on my friends list though. im on at odd times though....lol

dude isnt that the 2nd xbox you've gone through that problem with the red ring? mine went on me in september, but it was under warranty, it's not anymore. i want the hdmi equipped one now cause i got a 42" hdtv...

I got Bad Company 2 recently, not sure if you're on my friends list though. im on at odd times though....lol

Bought my 360 in June 2006.

RROD'd on me in March 2008 I believe...

RROD'd to again just a few weeks ago.

So, it was my second RROD on my first 360.

Also, yeah. Add me, Zerstorer23, I'm always playing.

<- Has The Fame Monster on her iPhone. <.<

51iMTAZd5iL._SS500_.jpg

Usher - Raymond V Raymond

Armin Van Buuren - A State of Trance 2010

Plan B - The Defamation Of Strickland Banks

Yoko Kanno - Darker Than Black OST

Hybrid - Disappear Hear

Erykah Badu - New Amerykah Part Two

Hed Kandi - World Series Tokyo

51Ba653B6ZL._SS500_.jpg

Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition for PC

I already owned Fallout 3 on PC, but never got any of the DLC, and a used copy of this was the same cost as all the DLC seperate. Turns out the DLC is on the second disk and is installed completely seperate from the game itself. So I gave the other disk to my friend and kept my old one.

Just got back from seeing Iron Man 2. I liked it a lot, it had fun set-pieces, balls-to-the-wall action, funny dialouge, and plenty of charm, primarily provided by RDJ. Almost outshining him was Rockwell, though, who goes all out with his crazy I-think-I'm-loveable-but-actually-I-come-off-as-a-douche persona. Rourke did a competent job as Whiplash, but the role doesn't demand much. The female leads were kinda stiff, but L. Jackson was being L. Jackson to the fullest.

There were plenty of nerdy shout-outs, and my even-geekier-than-me friend ended up squealing several times, especially at the after-credit scene. Overall it's not as strong as the first one, but I love that movie a whole lot. If you like Iron Man, you should see this film.

Archived