Home

Touching the side, with the safety on, unloaded, before it had ever been shot, while pointing at the ground. If you can't be comfortable around firearms, why own one? When it's loaded, of course, they're serious. Heck, we never even loaded a round into it until getting to the range, just in case something slipped... But when you know it's harmless...

I'm perfectly comfortable around firearms and own many myself. I also know that you always treat every firearm as if it's loaded, no exceptions. And you don't put your finger on the trigger until you're ready to shoot.

Anyway, nice gun and stay safe.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm perfectly comfortable around firearms and own many myself. I also know that you always treat every firearm as if it's loaded, no exceptions. And you don't put your finger on the trigger until you're ready to shoot.

Anyway, nice gun and stay safe.

Amen, man. Just a few photos of what happens when a gun you 'KNOW' is safe turns out to not be is enough to make you always treat a gun as if it's loaded. Some folks think it's 'overkill' ; I say overkill is death or injury caused by an 'unloaded' weapon.

On a side note, firearms of all sizes can be incredibly fun, and the kick of a 30.06 reverberating right to your core is one the most awesome things. Ever.

Stay safe, dumplings. :D

And to stay on a Very Good Things track: I've recently lost 6 lbs. and am now in the 'ideal' weight range. Woohoo! Also my St. Bernard is 4 1/2 weeks through an 8 week post op recovery. Yay for over halfway there! ....... I may go bonkers in the next 3 1/2 weeks though. :)

@ TiE: Yeeah, nice hardware, even if it is your brother's.

============

I got my car cleaned out...now just to wait out this storm so I can vacuum it inside, shine up the interior, shampoo the mats and fix a few things.

Also I'm finishing up my battery operated fluorescent light. Won't be the prettiest looking project, but, it'll be battery operated and energy efficient...and I can say I made it at least.

Link to circuit:

http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/flampdrv.asp

This inverter's design is far from optimal.

So far it seems to work okay on a power supply but I'm counting on this one eating tubes very fast because it's hard and slow to start the tubes. Tubes will last longer if you don't have to repeatedly start them up, just leaving it on should make life a little easier on 'em. Wish I had a o-scope to see waveform driving the transformer.

rdr_coverart_xbox360.jpg

It's gooood. Like, seriously good. If you didn't have plans to touch it for a few months or "meh, I'll get it used when it's cheap", **** that, this game is big news and you should be digging change from the couch cushions to get this.

Vastly polished GTA4 gameplay. Great characters, great cutscenes, great writing, great voice acting, great story (all so far, I'm about 6 very solid hours in). The random encounters are fun. The graphics look great, and the world is absolutely chocked full of detail, easily the most realistic looking world in any game ever. Walking around ghost towns has a realistic atmosphere that makes a run at STALKER's trophy in that department. So yeah, vastly improved open-world gameplay from GTA4 + The exploration wonder and horses of Shadow of the Colossus + the atmosphere and lighting of STALKER.

Horses handle and look great, they're not as realistic feeling as Agro, but are less fussy to steer. The euphoria physics look even better than GTA4, gun fights are awesome. Stage coaches rock with realism. You can catch rides on trains. Hunt animals. Play mini games. Or just do random crap like shooting everyone at the saloon and making a getaway with a hogtied victim on your horse.

And I haven't even touched the multiplayer yet.

Seriously, at the time of writing this game has an average 96 rating. Making it the 4th best reviewed game of all time (according to this site, with these reviews, blah blah blah) With Ocarina of Time (the defacto "best game evar"), Mario Galaxy (over rated IMO), and Grand Theft Auto IV as first, second, and third.

Also, Bonnie's father has the biggest ****ing mustache I have ever seen.

This and Mass Effect 2 are going to be fighting over Game of the Year, trust me.

efqqva.jpge03bm1.jpg

Plus, I have gotten the first three collections of Gaiman's The Sandman, which are AWESOME, as well as several more Transmetropolitan collections.

Picked up this the other day, sweet tunes

23vi5cl.jpg (This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Games: I got the new Sam and Max season from Telltale and preordered their new game, Puzzle Agent. Picked up the Humble Indie Bundle. Got the Adventures of P.B. Winterbottom, Torchlight, and the Deux Ex bundle on Steam. Trine from Impulse. Went to a show by these Canadians last night and they rocked out!

Edit: AND I got promoted at work! A good week indeed, and it's only half over!

Another bad thing: The beta will be over in just under two weeks :argh:

Not So Good Thing: I don't know a thing about Starcraft, and in general suck at RTS games, and it's a multiplayer only beta. I'm going to get my ass handed to me.

You can create skirmishes where you play against an AI, sure helped me get a hold of all the different units

Had a weird night playing RDR. Got on a huge streak, gained like 300 honor, made over $200 and gained 20 fame in 30 minutes from side missions. Became an honor hero. Walking to my apartment in Armadillo. Cause I was a hero now, everyone was greeting me, and the gang members in the saloon called me names. So I threw a punch, wanting to get into a bar room brawl, instead they all pulled out their guns and shot me dead as I ran for the exit.

Lost a huge amount of progress, fame, honor, and money (it reloads your save when you die, essentially). Really pissed me off. To make things even worse, I decided to tackle the gang hideout that I did before I died again. Rode in fast, jumped off, talked to a farm hand who was asking for help, camera pans ... my ****ing horse, the golden stallion, gets shot to death during the cutscene... :' ( --- Not only that, the farm hand ends up getting killed in the mission and I never get a reward... and then the horse I get dies on me from exhaustion.

I need to rebuild. A terrible tragedy in the life of John Marston.

My horse... : (

So many great CD's this past week:

Naturally 7 - Vocal Play

B.O.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray

Faithless - The Dance

Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives

Kelis - Flesh Tone

Tiesto - Magikal Journey

Wait a second, the levels of sarcasm and veiled insults in this thread are making me woozy. Jmac, stop fronting. You laugh at someone's death, but then can't let Wally get away with making an arguably naive comment.

Archived