Home

It just irritates me b/c I liked the music and I have smidge of particular appreciation for bassists having tried it out myself.

Do what you want, it's your life; screw it up or die, it's your fault. I'm not looking down on anyone. Personally turned away from it of my own will. No N.A., no religion. Just simply decided.

that's my 2 cents

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i agree

Of course I've dealt with addiction. Everyone has.

But anyone who gets into drugs knows the risk that they're running. No one "accidentally" starts using drugs*, and anyone who starts taking drugs with the mindset that they won't get addicted is a moron.

Can it be tragic? Yes. But I feel no remorse. That's just who I am.

*Alright, I know there are extreme incidents where this is the case. Like girls caught up in drug trafficking who are forced to take drugs, causing an addiction, so if they ever escape or are freed from the traffickers the withdrawal forces them to come back. Somehow I doubt this is a common occurrence elsewhere.

And for the record, I'm not turning this a "don't do drugs" debate, because that's not the issue. I'm just saying that if someone overdoses, it shouldn't be a surprise. It's just like how I have no remorse when my buddy who deals drugs gets caught, or when someone joins a gang and gets shot, or when a criminal shoplifts and gets caught. They screwed up. Oh well.

If you enter a situation and know full well what the consequences are, but you choose to ignore them...then why should I feel remorse when you suffer the consequences that you were completely aware of? How is this a naive belief?

Wait a second, the levels of sarcasm and veiled insults in this thread are making me woozy. Jmac, stop fronting. You laugh at someone's death, but then can't let Wally get away with making an arguably naive comment.
sometimes the opinions of others have meanings beyond just the words contained within their statements fyi

Of course I've dealt with addiction. Everyone has.

But anyone who gets into drugs knows the risk that they're running. No one "accidentally" starts using drugs*, and anyone who starts taking drugs with the mindset that they won't get addicted is a moron.

Can it be tragic? Yes. But I feel no remorse. That's just who I am.

*Alright, I know there are extreme incidents where this is the case. Like girls caught up in drug trafficking who are forced to take drugs, causing an addiction, so if they ever escape or are freed from the traffickers the withdrawal forces them to come back. Somehow I doubt this is a common occurrence elsewhere.

And for the record, I'm not turning this a "don't do drugs" debate, because that's not the issue. I'm just saying that if someone overdoses, it shouldn't be a surprise. It's just like how I have no remorse when my buddy who deals drugs gets caught, or when someone joins a gang and gets shot, or when a criminal shoplifts and gets caught. They screwed up. Oh well.

If you enter a situation and know full well what the consequences are, but you choose to ignore them...then why should I feel remorse when you suffer the consequences that you were completely aware of? How is this a naive belief?

because you're neither attempting to empathize nor understand the situations of those you're declaring unworthy of your sympathy. from your statements, i can gauge that you're clearly leading a privileged existence, and have no idea what it's like to be unable to cope with life, and be forced into drug use or crime out of necessity just to keep from killing yourself or living on the streets. as to continuing abuse? being unable to get out of that lifestyle because society, including your own family, has cast you aside and you have no one to help you might answer that question.

and whatever middle class habit you kicked, most likely with help from others, isn't comparable to every other addiction. furthermore, even if you're some tough cookie who dragged himself up by his bootstraps despite the odds, the same ****ing thing applies.

am i asking you to pity me if i get fined for smoking a spliff? no. am i asking you to not be so cold hearted towards, say, someone dealing with mental health problems who turns to drugs or crime in order to keep themselves afloat? most definitely.

sometimes the opinions of others have meanings beyond just the words contained within their statements fyi

because you're neither attempting to empathize nor understand the situations of those you're declaring unworthy of your sympathy. from your statements, i can gauge that you're clearly leading a privileged existence, and have no idea what it's like to be unable to cope with life, and be forced into drug use or crime out of necessity just to keep from killing yourself or living on the streets. as to continuing abuse? being unable to get out of that lifestyle because society, including your own family, has cast you aside and you have no one to help you might answer that question.

and whatever middle class habit you kicked, most likely with help from others, isn't comparable to every other addiction. furthermore, even if you're some tough cookie who dragged himself up by his bootstraps despite the odds, the same ****ing thing applies.

am i asking you to pity me if i get fined for smoking a spliff? no. am i asking you to not be so cold hearted towards, say, someone dealing with mental health problems who turns to drugs or crime in order to keep themselves afloat? most definitely.

Since nothing pisses me off more than someone refuting an argument in an attempt to get in the last word and then saying "anyways, this isn't the time or the place, let's drop it", I'm not going to be that guy. If you *really* want to know why I feel the way I do about drug use, PM me or something, I'll gladly explain my position and hopefully we'll both benefit from talking about it.

But yes, moving on.

Very good thing:

My sister came to me with her old, dying Toshiba laptop yesterday asking me to do whatever I could to fix it. She has absolutely run that thing into the ground. It seems like she installed half the internet on that thing, and it was bloated almost beyond use. Hell, she had a custom cursor. I mean...seriously? It wasn't the worst situation I've ever seen, but I expected more from.

The good part is she let me back everything up and give it a nice, clean reformat. It's so refreshing.

Another good thing:

Started a new hardgainer routine for ROTC training today. Hoping to put on more weight so I'm not a skinny goon. It kicked my ass the first day, and I'm loving it.

Started a new hardgainer routine for ROTC training today. Hoping to put on more weight so I'm not a skinny goon. It kicked my ass the first day, and I'm loving it.

If you do it right you may end up actually gaining like 40 pounds in a year.

Maybe a little less if youre not me and didnt do anything other than walk, previously. Still, good luck

Hell, I would LOVE to put on 40 pounds in a year. That would be absolutely fantastic.

However, I have a feeling that what with the running I'll be doing in ROTC I'll have trouble gaining weight, so I'm trying to pack in as much as I can before it really starts up in September.

^^^Eat steaks and burgers 2-3 times a week--but for god sakes don't "super-size me" on it. High protein breakfasts help also. If you're more of a veggie type, avocado (especially good if, like me, you don't like mayo) and natural peanut butter. My senior year I worked out religiously and using that diet I put on about 17 lbs.

Very awesome thing: MegaMan X Corrupted is nearing completion.

Sample:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Custom fan game on flash if I'm not mistaken.

Hell, I would LOVE to put on 40 pounds in a year. That would be absolutely fantastic.

However, I have a feeling that what with the running I'll be doing in ROTC I'll have trouble gaining weight, so I'm trying to pack in as much as I can before it really starts up in September.

Actually I found the running helped, it was great for boosting my appetite.

Just eat ****loads of healthy food. I mean tons of it

Yeah, I'm pretty simple and don't worry about things like "variety" in my diet, so typically I have these meals [nearly] every day:

A bowl (2 cups or so) of cottage cheese mixed with walnuts.

Big-ass salads with tuna/chicken (~40g protein worth) and soybeans/walnuts and hopefully avocado when we have it.

Scrambled eggs (~4 eggs) with peppers, onions, and mushrooms.

For breakfast I typically have granola+fruit. I should probably fill this out for something with more protein, though.

As for snacks, I typically just have a hardboiled egg, a banana covered in peanut butter, walnuts/almonds and cheese, etc.

Then I also have a dinner at night that varies most days, luckily my family eats healthy so it's not much of an issue.

I also have a glass of milk (2% or whole) with every meal as well as a tablespoon of olive oil on its own.

And of course, after working out I have a protein shake with dextrose for carbs.

Just bought the http://www.woot.com item for today: an MSI X600 X-Slim notebook.

I was originally planning on just getting a tiny, 10 inch Netbook with an Atom processor for college, so I wavered a lot before making this purchase, but the $480 price tag was ultimately the tipping point. The computer retails at about $700, and it definitely has better performance capabilities than any Netbook I'll find, other than the battery life, and it's about the size and weight of the Macbook Air.

Do any of you have experience with this laptop?

Here's hoping I'm not disappointed!

Just bought the http://www.woot.com item for today: an MSI X600 X-Slim notebook.

I was originally planning on just getting a tiny, 10 inch Netbook with an Atom processor for college, so I wavered a lot before making this purchase, but the $480 price tag was ultimately the tipping point. The computer retails at about $700, and it definitely has better performance capabilities than any Netbook I'll find, other than the battery life, and it's about the size and weight of the Macbook Air.

Do any of you have experience with this laptop?

Here's hoping I'm not disappointed!

None personally though my neighbor across the street uses one for her everyday uses and it helps her as a mobile unit to run her business. Acer or Toshiba...something with a sleek cherry red outer covering.

It'll do ok if you don't store a whole bunch on it.

I'm always downloading and saving images on my desktop. Or writing rants and utterances that come to mind. Personally I would never use it as a matter of taste and utilization, but always figured one of these would make a nice portable music/video player/emulatorultra-low end gaming machine for trips and on-the-go.

Looking for my Windows 7 disc so I can, ahem, install it on my netbook, which I haven't touched in over 3 months. And found my old box.

4658654194_be9c512e1c_b.jpg

Hells ****ing yes.

Also, Darth Vader is in the B-Wing for some reason.

I used to have an X-Wing, but it was fragile and it probably broke and got thrown away a long time ago.

Archived