Home

Bastard, I want a shiny Xbox 360. Would have been great if you 360 RROD'd about now, and not like 2 months ago. I'm so sad.

In other news, I managed to upload all my Alphonse Mucha art onto my Flickr Pro account that I sort of got a two-year extension for for free.

4711045140_838d62f4d3_m.jpg4711070960_12daae9961_m.jpg4711048494_c486b32ec9_m.jpg4711050134_c7267635bc_m.jpg

Link-ay

(12 mildly nude paintings are locked out, you'll need to sign up if you really want to see them :p)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Say what you will about GameStop, but my local store takes good care of me. I asked if they'd set one aside for me, and they did. When I finally went and picked it up, some guy called and asked if there were any left in stock. The GameSpot employee said the guy on the phone sounded so sad when he was told I was buying the last one. :D

That has been completely my experience at GameStop too. Since they are such a large chain, any isolated incident gets extrapolated to all the stores in general. How reliable is the built-in wireless adapter?

That has been completely my experience at GameStop too. Since they are such a large chain, any isolated incident gets extrapolated to all the stores in general. How reliable is the built-in wireless adapter?

It's pretty good. I don't get very good signals this far from my wireless router, but wireless N really helps.

It was well worth the money to upgrade. It makes so little noise. Even with a disk spinning. It gets pretty hot though.

That's nice... but have they banished all the RROD problems with this generation of hardware?

That's nice... but have they banished all the RROD problems with this generation of hardware?

From what I've read, the new 360 can't red ring anymore, it's a red dot now. :p

Only time will tell if they've fixed the problem. I'd like to think they have. I'm sure they don't want to spend another billion dollars because they put out ****ty hardware.

Well, at a point there is no turning back. A ton of Rock Band 2 DLC. A ton of XBLA games. A huge stack of 360 games. A mountain of achievement points. Large lists of friends. A couple of controllers. Bunch of accessories. Etcetera, etcetera. That's just for me, personally.

Anyway, it twas my birthday. So I got some money and gift certificates. Also got an epic breakfast that would make a vegan faint. Gonna get a cool dinner and a cake, too.

I got Blur for $20 today at Best Buy.

959893_170418_front.jpg

It's $40 this week there. Then there is a $20 manufacturer's coupon. And if you have some rewards program BS at Best Buy, you'll get another $10 off. So yeah. Coolio. (Do this super soon if you want it, lol) http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264694

I'm still looking for a copy of MGS: Peace Walker...

I've got way too many games thanks to Goozex. So now my list of "stuff I wanna play" is just huge.

Usual stand-bys: Rock Band 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2. I'm probably done with RDR, certainly got my money's worth... especially since it's my sister's. : D

Then I've got: Final Fantasy XIII, Bayonetta, Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 2, and Blur

950899_108137_front.jpg

I've got a feeling I'll actually finish this. So far I'm actually digging the linearity, less faffing about. ($1)

946346_102471_front.jpg

I'll be playing with my brother soon... probably. ($1)

950918_108169_front.jpg

This is looking shaky to me... ($1)

944907_99727_front.jpg

Still janky. And playing off my bro's save is sort of disconnecting... then again, I blitz'd through ME1 a month ago on my PC in around 16 hours, so yeah... ($1)

It was a pretty enjoyable game. Don't expect Mass Effect or anything, though.

While I wouldn't necessarily say it's one is a "better game" than the other, they're directed at different crowds. Dragon Age is definitely more tedious and is for the more rpg-oriented fans.

If you enjoyed Neverwinter Nights (as I did), you'll enjoy Dragon Age.

porcupinetree.jpg

Just bought myself a ticket to go see Coheed and Cambria, arguably my most listened to band, on August 13 for about 35 bucks through their fan pre-sale (so much for saving up for a new phone). This is the first time they've come through Vegas as headliners, and not playing with bands like Linkin Park or Slipknot, causing the ticket prices to be in the triple digits.

Also picked these up for a buck each at that vile place known as Hot Topic:

KillAudio_01_CVR.jpg

237099_hi?$270x406$

152343_hi?$270x406$

Issues #1 #2 and #3 of Kill Audio, a comic series done by Claudio Sanchez of Coheed and Cambria, all for $1 each :)

I'll just leave this here. :D

Porcupine Tree is a pretty amazing band. I recently discovered them through Steven Wilson's involvement with Opeth's Blackwater Park album (he produced it and the two albums after) and it's now my current favorite band. Oh, and I have to disagree: they sound nothing like Dream Theater, though maybe that's my newly awakened hatred for DT speaking.

I know this sounds silly, but I didn't say they sounded like them, just that the one song edlib linked me to reminds me of a few Dream Theater songs.

On topic, I HAVE A/C AGAIN MOTHAF***AS! Been out since Thursday of last week, so as soon as they got the new unit installed and running we immediately cranked it down to like 68 just because we f***ing could.

Archived