Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My copy of Black Ops arrived last night, and I immediately fired up the multiplayer. I also immediately fell in f***ing love. It's so god damn balanced. They practically ruined snipers in an effort to nerf quickscoping, but honestly I don't care because everything else is so god damn awesome. It's easily the most balanced Call of Duty game since CoD2. If you enjoyed CoD4 (or MW2 but couldn't stand the bull****) then I can't recommend Black Ops enough.

28gqii0.jpg

HP 27" HD Monitor. So beautiful!

1605v2q.jpg

Pretty fun so far -- like a cross between Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty. Pandemic ;(

Also picked up a memory foam mattress, can't believe how much better it is than my previous futon.

wu0280.jpg

And I saw Massive Attack and Thievery Corporation when they were here a couple of weeks ago, it was awesome!

I see your new glass pipe and raise you..

91422%20Medico%20Walnut%20Bent%20Apple.jpg

Actually, nah, nice pipe though. Im always terrified of breaking them if theyre made of glass tho

unless you break the bowl or completely shatter it super glue fixes it like new in seconds, and if you get a nice quality one they're a lot more durable than they look!

i actually broke my bong recently and had to super glue the mouthpiece back together. surprising because it was really thick glass... i've dropped it on a tile floor without incident. unfortunately, i don't really remember how it happened :raise:

During the late summer I worked on the house for my parents and had to move a 300lb granite slab for the countertop with our contractor. F***ed up my right shoulder, sorta. Every time I roll it back it pops the clavicle.

Good news? It hasn't hurt (nor popping bothering me) enough to be much of concern so I kept forgetting to get to the doc. Went to the doc recently. Found out there was no serous damage, just stretched out some tendons a bit and it should heal up fine in a few more months.

Splosion Man on XBLA for 160 today only, and a few other games going cheap. I've played a bit of it and it's great fun, but gets harder as you go on. Well worth the 160.

Xbox 360 Games

“Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas™” (Rockstar Games) - 400 Microsoft Points

“Halo: Combat Evolved” (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points

Xbox LIVE Arcade

“Trials HD” (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points

“‘Splosion Man™” (Microsoft Game Studios) - 160 Microsoft Points

“Monkey Island™: Special Edition” (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points

“Madden NFL Arcade” (Electronic Arts) - 400 Microsoft Points

“Portal: Still Alive” (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points

Zune Movies

“Clash of the Titans” - 720 Microsoft Points

“Sex and the City 2” – 720 Microsoft Points

“Cats and Dogs 2: The Revenge of Kitty Galore” – 720 Microsoft Points

“300” – 380 Microsoft Points

Glad to see this thread never dies. :p

The day it dies is the day the dinosaurs take over the world.

In other news, I too picked up Splosion Man for 160 MS points as well as TMNT: Turtles In Time Re-Shelled for 160 MS points (I already had 340 MS points on my account), as well as GTA: San Andreas for 400 MS points because I had never truly given any GTA game's story previous to IV a chance.

My HD7 bricked itself miraculously. So I've sent it in for a new replacement... hurray. Took only 12 days to happen, too.

I've been reading this for like a month now, but I'm around half way through, and it's a great book... that's over 800 pages long (or 24,000 sections in Kindle terms).

0312323220.jpg

Under the Loving Care of the Fatherly Leader

Here are a few choice quotes!

==========

Under the Loving Care of the Fatherly Leader: North Korea and the Kim Dynasty (Bradley K. Martin)

- Highlight Loc. 7399-7404 | Added on Thursday, December 02, 2010, 12:07 AM

After the move, his father worked as a bricklayer and “was questioned repeatedly by Public Security,” Kang Chul-ho told me. The hot-blooded father was so annoyed by the constant questions that he set fire to the local State Security building. For that he was executed, in 1976. “It was a public execution by shooting. I was there with my family when my father was executed. I witnessed it, at the public execution site near the riverside, close to Hamhung.”

Could it get any worse for a little boy? Oh, yes. “My mother committed suicide when my father was executed. Grandmother lived far away, and was too old to help. Local people discriminated against my family, shunned us because of what had happened,” he continued.

==========

Under the Loving Care of the Fatherly Leader: North Korea and the Kim Dynasty (Bradley K. Martin)

- Highlight Loc. 8065-95 | Added on Thursday, December 02, 2010, 09:27 AM

Shin was kept at first in a guest house, also in Pyongyang but separate from Choi’s, with a guide and a secretary. After a couple of months, however, as punishment for his two nocturnal escape attempts, he was jailed. In his cell he was required to sit cross-legged, in the lotus position, his back straight, for hours at a time, Zen-style. He was not allowed to move. No reading, no radio, nothing else was permitted. He had to look into the eyes of his instructor, not shifting his gaze.

A guard remained with him all day long. Meals were corn or rice, with salty soup. “I awoke around five each day, then as soon as I got up I had to raise my arms straight up until the 7 A.M. breakfast, as punishment,” Shin recalled. “After breakfast I could wash my face with the remains of my drinking water. Then I had to sit in the lotus position for three hours. After that punishment, I had three minutes to relax. Following lunch, it was the lotus position again from 12:30 to 6:30.

Electrical brownouts occurred on average three times a day. Someone would bring a candle to each cell then, because the guards needed to see that we were in the lotus position. Once a week I had to strip and face the wall for a ‘physical exam.’ It was not a real physical, and I hated to show them my nudity.” In jail, after a couple of years of that routine, Shin felt his sanity starting to unravel.

On Christmas morning in 1980, he was struck by an urge to send a greeting to his family back in South Korea. It was a white Christmas. Sent out with a shovel to clear the grounds, Shin used his urine to write “Merry Xmas” on the snow. “Anyone who saw me would have thought I was out of my mind, but I had to do it,” he wrote. Eventually Shin requested a consultation with someone in authority. The request was refused. He was told he must write a letter of apology to Kim Jong-il for his escape attempts and his other disobedience. “I decided to write a letter of apology. It took three days to get it right. I wrote: ‘I will obey your rules. I want to become a DPRK citizen and follow and praise Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il. Please free me.’”

After he wrote his apology letter, Shin found that his status changed. Under the tutelage of a State Security agent, he began studying the lives and thoughts of the Kims. Wake-up time was still 5 A.M. And he had to obey rules that were posted on his wall: “Obedience is essential. Do not try to learn of the private lives of other prisoners. Don’t listen to other prisoners’ conversations. Don’t converse with other prisoners. Accuse any prisoner who is at fault. Patients, obey the doctor. Don’t waste the blanket, which is the property of the nation.” Each prisoner had only one blanket, one set of clothing, one pair of socks.

Before Kim Il-sung’s birthday the prisoners had to clean the premises furiously. Some called that “the torture of April.” Shin found the rules ridiculous, especially one that limited each prisoner’s shower to five minutes. He obeyed for a while but eventually got so fed up with prison that he resumed attempting to escape and even tried to fast to death. At first, his guards simply told him to go ahead and die of starvation if he wished. But then some “guidance” officials came to his cell and force-fed him with a funnel, pushing the food down his throat. After that horrible experience a guard told him, “I’ve never seen that before. They never cared about a fasting prisoner. You’re the first.” The guard said his treatment indicated Shin must be very important for North Korea.

==========

- Highlight Loc. 7052-60 | Added on Wednesday, December 01, 2010, 12:28 AM

Without giving names or the date, Hwang offered a horrifying example of the intersection between secretiveness and killing: “One of Kim Jong-il’s secretaries got drunk once and told his wife about Kim Jong-il’s life of debauchery. The good wife, a woman of high cultural and moral standards, was genuinely shocked, and thought, ‘How can a leader who leads such an immoral life safeguard the happiness of his people?’ After much thought, she decided to write a letter to Kim Il-sung asking him to reprimand his son. Needless to say, the letter went to Kim Jong-il, who threw a drinking party and had the woman arrested and brought before him. In front of all the guests at the party, he pronounced the woman a counterrevolutionary and had her shot on the spot. Kim Jong-il’s intention was to issue a warning to those present that leaking whatever went on at drinking parties would be punishable by death. The poor woman’s husband actually begged Kim Jong-il to let him do the shooting. Kim Jong-il granted the secretary his wish, and gave him the weapon to shoot his wife.”

Overdue good things post. Things I've gotten fairly recently:

3k03p23l15Y05Q15W3ab696f0b2e36ff911f2.jpg

4 GB version with:

rock-band-3-wireless-keyboard-game-bundle.jpg

red_dead_box_art.jpg

360_limbo_pack.jpg

also

canon-eos-rebel-xs-digital-camera.jpg

+

canon-efs-55-250mm-is.jpg

Oh, and I got super-meat-boy-on-xbox-live.jpg (super meat boy)

on steam, and it's awesome.

And finally:

080-1.jpg

Yes. (Picture taken with new camera)

See you in 3 months, Bongo.

More like 3 years.

I got an email with a code to download Sackboys Prehistoric Moves for free. The kids played it today and it's pretty damn awesome. One person controls the environment with the Move controller, and the other controls Sackboy. The combination works extremely well. If this is a taste of things to come with LBP2, then damn, it's going to be insane.

sackboy_flinstone.jpg

Archived