Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

red-on-your-shirt-s3.jpg

Got it on sale, ended up being just under $12 shipped.

Also got a pretty nice exercise bike for free from my cousin, because it was just taking up space in his garage.

And for non physical very good things, hit a new personal record for a single benching at 245, feels good man.

Now THIS...is a very good thing.

Dice on Battlefield 3:

“PC is the leading platform, conceptually, for this game, definitely. We are going to make this game on 360 and PlayStation 3 as well, [but] we need to scale it down to those platforms. The PC players are going to love to hear that I’ve said that, but that is a fact. The hardware specs, on the console, are limited. At the same time, for each iteration on these console platforms we can utilise the power of them better and better, so what we do on the other platforms is going to be amazing, and look much better on the PC, too. There’s going to be unique features on the PC version of this game, some of which I think people are going to be very pleased about. I can’t reveal all of them here, but I can reveal that there will be a lot of extra love put into the PC version of this product.”

Random thought. Crysis 2 is to Crysis 1 as Splinter Cell Double Agent is to Chaos Theory.

If you're a fan of Splinter Cell like I am, you may be able to see that this is a mixed, bad thing. It feels wrong, it loses some of it's visual themes, and it just feels like a step in the wrong direction.

Now THIS...is a very good thing.

Dice on Battlefield 3:

“PC is the leading platform, conceptually, for this game, definitely. We are going to make this game on 360 and PlayStation 3 as well, [but] we need to scale it down to those platforms. The PC players are going to love to hear that I’ve said that, but that is a fact. The hardware specs, on the console, are limited. At the same time, for each iteration on these console platforms we can utilise the power of them better and better, so what we do on the other platforms is going to be amazing, and look much better on the PC, too. There’s going to be unique features on the PC version of this game, some of which I think people are going to be very pleased about. I can’t reveal all of them here, but I can reveal that there will be a lot of extra love put into the PC version of this product.”

I still anticipate the only PC exclusive features will be "Mouse Support" and "Selectable Resolution".

I still anticipate the only PC exclusive features will be "Mouse Support" and "Selectable Resolution".

DX11 support, DX10 is REQUIRED. 64 players versus the console's 24. Certain to be stellar graphics on a level much above the 360 or PS3. I'm updating my computer around the idea that it's either PC or bust, even though I fully enjoy BFBC2 on my 360.

Additionally they haven't shown any console footage, it's all been PC.

Trust me, from what they've said, what they've shown, and from what I expect, this is a PC game with console ports. You know, for BFBC2 they took the stance of "PC, 360, and PS3 are all on equal grounds, we put the same amount of care into each one." That resulted in some bleh UI choices, if anything. This time they're coming out and saying that they hold the PC above the consoles. Which makes sense.

Unusual for a contemporary big-budget shooter, Battlefield 3's lead platform is the PC rather than a console. The reason being that the Battlefield series started on PC and DICE is staying true to its biggest target user community. Battlefield 3 will use a new Frostbite engine built from scratch. Known as Frostbite 2, it will deliver more advanced destruction, sound, and graphics than previous versions.

PC Gaming lives on!

• 2 weeks later...

on a whim....and a whim only. I tried Ghost Recon: Shadow Warriors. Throw away story, but excellent turn based strategy. If you liked games like Advance Wars, or Field Commander...saddle up for this one is the same kind of game play! Stupid story, yet fun to play the game. 3D is nifty too! I bought this hand held console used, with a copy of Ghost Recon: Shadow wars....I tried some other titles, I don't like. I am going to hang on to this console for future releases. Unfortunately, none of the other releases have held my attention.

3dsmariokart.jpg

Been a while since I posted in this thread. Lets see, since last post...

iPad 2

(**** load of iPad Apps)

New Avengers Vols 4,5,6

Sunshine Blu-ray

Serenity Blu-ray

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vols 1-4

Uncanny X-Force HC

The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes DVD

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow Blu-Ray

Enslaved (360)

Star Wars The Old Republic: Blood of the Empire Vol 1

TinTin Vols 1-6

X-Men Curse of the Mutants HC

X-Men Collision HC

In The Shadow of the Moon Blu-Ray

The Motorcycle Diaries Blu-Ray

Touching The Void Blu-Ray (WATCH THIS FILM!)

Red Cliff Blu-Ray

Marvel Cover Belt

Law & Order UK Series 1

4 x LBP 6" Sackboys

Full House Poker (XBLA)

Kinect Sports

• 2 weeks later...

...Hi all. I was picked up by a whirlwind telling me I should stop by places on the internet I used to frequent a lot, and this was included. Since my last visit I graduated high school (15th out of 400 in my class I think), learned to knit, won some trival awards, turned 18, and became accepted to a plethora of colleges, eventually choosing Ohio State.

I'd say that's good, right?

Archived