Home

My friend of the better part of 20 years: Evan "Flea" Fullerton:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Yes. He did. All of it. Pink Thong. Skiing across the top of the water.

He is the most confident fella I know.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
The loose cannon.

He is short and dry humps everyone's leg as a greeting, yet you just can't seem to write him off although he drives you nuts.

He is that guy who stole your girlfriend, yet when all that is over you realize he actually did you a favor cuz she turned out to be more of a liability.

He is that guy who will get drunk with ya, and if you suplex him through the table, he still gets back up and wants some more even if you're "winning".

The wife and I have been redoing some old entry tables. Check em out. New on the left, old on the right.

Noice! Nuthin like good ol home craftsmanship. :)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally fixed my compy issues. My GTX460 would have glitches when booting sometimes, so I tested that card on another computer and got no glitches. So I decided it was the mobo. Turns out I was right.

Got this.

GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AMD 970 Motherboard

nmooobo.jpg

Even has AM3+ socket support, so I'll be able to keep this mobo to upgrade to the next level of AMD CPUs when they arrive (if I want to, my 1090T is still pretty awesome).

Played a bunch of Shogun 2 again. Went through some Magicka. Running 60FPS with max settings in DiRT 3.

Oh, and speaking about DiRT 3, my Steam Summer sale bag:

BeatHazard.jpg

(Got four copies, actually)

Borderlands-1.jpg

(Got a copy for my brother, too)

Dirt3.jpg

(Runs really smooth, actually)

FUEL.jpg

(Kinda regretting this one...)

Hitman.jpg

(Never played Hitman before)

LastRemnant.jpg

(Yep...)

Magicka.jpg

(Gifted to two people)

MedalOfHonor.jpg

(Shotguns are fun and effective!)

Terraria.jpg

(Haven't tried yet, but I imagine I'll enjoy it)

Witcher2.jpg

(Actually got this before and didn't mention it)

Wooo!!!

Got a new Dell U2711 for a bargain from a local guy with no taxes or shipping. Met him at the bank, transferred over the cash and brought it home with me. It has a single stuck (or maybe dead?) pixel in the top right corner but it's out of the way and at the usual distance I view the screen from I can hardly make it out when placed against a solid color. So I'll just let it go for now. Something I did point out to my brother after discovering it and playing Dirt 3 was "Hey, you know how good Dirt 3 looked with the combination of higher resolution and amazing colors? Yeah? Did you notice any dead pixel? No? Me neither!"

5952489634_8f2fd9965f_z_d.jpg

Fullsize!

Holy crap that's a blu-ray?? I just assumed it was a DVD rip...

Here is a full 1080p video (1920x1080) video playing. ... This monitor made me watch the last act of Avatar... some amazing explosions in the final battle.

5959545886_0d2e9ec07d_z.jpg

Fullsize

Here is what the dead pixel looks like (added a very dark red dot). It's in the upper right corner.

5959545464_6b25ab76ed_z.jpg

Fullsize

Oh hey this place does still exist :3

So lately I've been making out like a mother****ing bandit.

Got this probably a month or so ago:

5756815892_35bcf9d88d_z.jpg

Playstation 3 Black Ops Bundle - $300

Best Buy had a coupon where you buy a 160GB PS3 and you got a $100 gift card, and it worked with the Black Ops bundle that cost the exact same. So I bought the Black Ops bundle, and sold the Black Ops for $40.

At the same time, Albertons (grocery store) had a deal going where when you bought $100 in gift cards you got a $20 voucher. So I bought 3 $100 Best Buy gift cards to use on the PS3, and got $60 worth of groceries free. Best Buy also had buy one get one half off new release games, so I picked these up using the gift card:

Duke-Nukem-Forever-XBOX-360-May-3-2011-300x425.jpg

en-US_Xbox360_LA_Noire_FKF-00083.jpg

And since I needed to test my furncy new Blu Ray player that also plays games sometimes, I figured what better way to test it than with one of the best movies ever made:

ScottPilgrimBlu-590x740.jpg

About a week and a half ago. My Blockbuster got shut down due to leasing issues, which is ****ty. However, I was able to transfer to another store with my store manager that wants to promote me up, so it all works out.

It also all works out because I was able to get this sweet baby as a result of the store closing :D

41HIndIBEtL.jpg

Sony Bravia 40" KDL-41v4000 1080p HDTV - $300

Even after you add in a $100 wall mount from Costco, I am one extremely happy panda.

Fast forward to this Sunday. I had to work, but I sent my dad to Toys 'R Us after I found out thanks to deals.woot and CheapAssGamer that they had a coupon that brought Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock guitar bundle down to $14.99. This is what he brought home:

Guitar-Hero-6-Warriors-of-Rock-Full-Band-Bundle-Xbox360-500x500.jpg

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Full Band Bundle - $14.99

He grabbed the first Xbox 360 Warriors of Rock he saw on the shelf, took it up to the register, they scanned it, then scanned the coupon that says does not work on band bundles, and it worked on the ****ing band bundle. I got a new guitar, and my little brother got his own microphone as well as drums, that I have been stealing recently because 5 lane drumming is actually pretty damn fun.

Also these random things:

Sublime-With-Rome-Yours-Truly.jpg

Sublime With Rome - Yours Truly

This album is so ****ing great to just chill out to. Lovers Rock, PCH, and Take It or Leave It are amazing tracks.

Bastion-Preview-E3-2011.jpg

I acquired 1600 MS points for free recently, and used 1200 on Bastion. If you have a 360, I can't recommend this game enough. From the solid isometric Action-RPG gameplay, to the gorgeous visuals, to the narrator (yes that's right, the narrator is a selling point in this game), it just oozes style.

Phew, I think that's everything. I feel a little like TiE :V

I preordered the regular digital edition last night as well.

Wish they would have made it more clear that they were going to take the full amount out of my account right away and not when it launches like every other online preorder I've ever had, but can't do anything about it now.

I can haz early access now? :3

I haven't really kept up with Gaga, but that is a hilarious cover.

I got into her stuff around last summer. I am pretty much caught up now. She's heavily influenced by Bowie, Elton, and Madonna. Which makes a pretty neat combination. Her live stuff keeps getting more interesting...and she does not lip sync! I might be willing to go see a show at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

So my dad is getting made redundant, and he's already got another job in line, so we plan to enjoy ourselves (he gets £40,000)

i'm getting:

sony%20kdl32cx523.jpg

Sony KDL32CX523BU 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p with Freeview HD.

Goodbye, bloody decade old CRT TV. The TV picture above, I don't think is the TV i'm getting, however. But i'll leave it there, as a "placeholder" :p

208-9263910SPA74UC716983M.jpg

Xbox 360 250gb Slim Console.

Games for Xbox 360 I'm getting:

Left 4 Dead 2

Gears of War 2 GotY Edition

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition

Dragon Age 2

Mass Effect

Mass Effect 2

Halo: Reach

Halo: Combat Evolved - Anniversary

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix -Cause I just NEED a Potter game, for my fanboy mind :p.

Batman: Arkham City

Fifa 12

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

:)

I'm also having a Room Redecoration, getting this bad boy when it's released:

ps-vita-554x341.jpg

I probably sound spoilt now ^^ :p

Finally. After many, many long years, I have an up to date computer.

11-129-097-Z01?$S300W$

13-157-229-TS?$S300W$

19-115-072-TS?$S300W$

20-231-311-TS?$S300W$

Antec Nine Hundred Two v3 Case

ASrock P67 Extreme 4 Mobo

Intel i5-2500k CPU

8GB G.SKILL DDR3 RAM

Alongside my 9800GT, Corsair 650TX PSU, and generic SATA II HDD.

Upgraded from an AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (single core ;_; ), generic 1.76GB DDR1 RAM, generic mini-ATX mobo and case (it was a Compaq desktop my family bought in 2005)

Still need to replace my Video Card/Hard Drive but considering what I had been using before, sweet zombie jesus.

Finally. After many, many long years, I have an up to date computer.

Antec Nine Hundred Two v3 Case

ASrock P67 Extreme 4 Mobo

Intel i5-2500k CPU

8GB G.SKILL DDR3 RAM

Alongside my 9800GT, Corsair 650TX PSU, and generic SATA II HDD.

Upgraded from an AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (single core ;_; ), generic 1.76GB DDR1 RAM, generic mini-ATX mobo and case (it was a Compaq desktop my family bought in 2005)

Still need to replace my Video Card/Hard Drive but considering what I had been using before, sweet zombie jesus.

Nice one, that 2500k is a beast of a processor :)

About two weeks ago I made my bro's new computer, which is basically just my computer from six months ago but Intel based instead of AMD.

Antec 300 Case (same I have)

Crucial C300 64GB SATAIII SSD (same I have)

MSI GTX460 768MB (my previous card)

Mushkin 1333mhz DDR3 RAM 2×4GB (same I have)

Intel SandyBridge 2500K (stock clock at the moment)

Zalman CNPS9700LED heatsink (just like I have)

Samsung 2TB 7200RPM hard drive

ASUS DVD Burner

An ASROCK motherboard

One of my old monitors, my old piece of **** PSU, and a complimentary copy of Win 7 Pro x64 provided by my school lab.

Plus labor, some tech support over Skype, and around 3 hours worth of my professional-grade UI and file structure sprucing-up service (which was all for naught after I had to help him reinstall the OS after a freak HDD driver failure).

Oh, and I'm only charging him $220 for all the parts and help... and the ****er hasn't paid me yet... Oh well, more free shooting trips for me!

But yeah. I've extended offers to some friends to "build them a sweet computer", and this was the first time I got to do it. Was fun.

Oh, sad thing? The motherboard was by the same company that I had to replace on my own computer. I haven't seen any direct problems, but it once had the same startup graphical glitch with my own motherboard. So, thanks ASROCK, I nay have just gone and purchased another faulty motherboard. Bleh. :[

I would be posting this on my upgraded PC, but one of the sticks of RAM I got doesn't work. It's going to probably be two weeks before I get a replacement from newegg.

I got a new job, so I blew some bux on some new parts:

Lancool PC-K62 case

ASRock P67 Extreme6

Intel Core i7-2600K

G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 RAM

Kept the same PSU, HDDs, graphics card, and monitor.

I was worried that the mobo was the problem, but I'm pretty sure I got a bad stick of RAM. If I had gotten it from Amazon, they'd send me a replacement overnight, but newegg waits until you send it back.

Oh, sad thing? The motherboard was by the same company that I had to replace on my own computer. I haven't seen any direct problems, but it once had the same startup graphical glitch with my own motherboard. So, thanks ASROCK, I nay have just gone and purchased another faulty motherboard. Bleh. :[

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Yesterday at a yard sale some guy was selling 2 big boxes full of comics. OLD comics. I got it for $50.

Inside: ~500 comic books in good to mint condition and much of it duplicates.

DC and Marvel dating from the 60's up to the 80's.

A 1965 Justice league of America is probably the oldest one in there. The newest is various stuff from 1986.

Marvel Fanfare, old school teen titans, league of superheores, hell even some old Star Wars comics.

Oh, and I'm only charging him $220 for all the parts and help... and the ****er hasn't paid me yet... Oh well, more free shooting trips for me!

Ah yes. Shooting things can be quite therapeutic.

But yeah. I've extended offers to some friends to "build them a sweet computer", and this was the first time I got to do it. Was fun.

After all that you're still having these issues? I'd go to Consumer Reports or something like that and get the word out.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

While I agree with this sentiment, I haven't had a single problem with my ASRock P67 Extreme4 motherboard. Maybe you just have s***ty luck TiE?

In other news, here's my latest baby:

14-130-593-Z01?$S300W$

eVGA nVidia GTX 570

So yeah, once again living off ramen for a few weeks, but god damn was it worth it. The Witcher 2 on Ultra runs great, Bad Company 2 is absolutely buttery smooth. Also got myself a 750GB Western Digital SATA 6GB/s HDD too because I was running out of storage.

Now all I have left to upgrade is my CPU cooler and get an SSD and I'll be pretty much totally set.

Now bring on Skyrim and BF3 >:3

Archived