Home

wow....i mispell a couple words and your all up in me. thats weak. and im not a fanboy, it sarcasm, i like the x360 because of Forza, Halo, Lost Planet, Gears of War and a bunch of other games. I like Wii because of its controller and Zelda. Clearly your fanboism is showing. I like the PS3 for its free online play, connectivity to my psp, the Gran Turismo and MGS series, BD player, and so much more. I look at all the fallbacks in each system and use them sarcasticaly. the Wii isnt HD, can't play DVD's. the PS3 has not alot of games. the 360 is loud, pay for online. and for the same price as an Elite, i'd rather buy a ps3. End of discussion.

First off, misspelling a couple words is fine, however when you do it and make it look like most 12 year olds with tourrets online type, then I'm immediately not going to take you seriously. Second off, sure, maybe it was sarcasm. But guess what? I can't read facial expressions or discern voice tones over standard TCP/IP. Use a smily or something to show sarcasm. And I'm not a fanboy either. The PS3 is good, but atm, it doesn't have the games to warrent a 500, soon to be back to 600 dollar purchase. The free online is alright, but it's not NEARLY xbox-live calibre. The 360 has the games and the online service to warrant the purchase, but they also don't have the best survival rate. The Wii doesn't have good graphics, but has good gameplay, however atm most of the games are either ports or minigame compilations.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

medium_pottercover3.jpg

I had a fairly good day. When I got to work, they asked me to guard the Harry Potter books since they were on display. So, I did much of that for my shift. I was also able to listen to Finger Eleven live. I also only had to pay $36 for the book, which is $9 cheaper than the book price. So, yeah, I feel pretty good.

When everyone was buying Harry Potter books. I decided to get something a little more adult...

box-l-3.jpg

Only $15 used and I would never imagine paying over $25 for it.

But since it was cheap, it was hella fun. Oh, it -was- because just overnight I'm already at the last level. But the fighting is so much fun! I swear to god the greatest thing to do is to taze a Rob Zombie-looking guy and then knock the teeth out of him with a lead pipe. Yes, if you hit them right, their teeth will fly out and they'll spit blood from their mouths.

Very violent, very fun, rather short, very scary in a good way- not Doom 3 *SCREEECH* scary, like RE4 *AHH! You little SH!T!* scary. The fighting in Oblivion should have been like Condemned.

My new addiction:

Tom_Clancys_Rainbow_Six_Vegas_xbox360.jpg

I got it for the co-op terrorist hunts, and it's fun seeing a MP character running around with my face on it. This game rules!

Oooo, Co-Op... sweet, we can cap some terrorists some time. : D

Well, since I've been waiting for two weeks to deliver and then get slammed with the news of back-ordering on the R4DS. I decided to cancel my order and re-order from another site. Sure, I won't save like, $30 from the sweet deal I had- but I'll be getting it a week or more earlier.

eBay feeva / Shopping spree...

[Edited]

Won this:

Mildly Used PSP Black $118.08

Edit-

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Won for $37 - Sniped the auction with 5 seconds left.

Lumines II Bought for $20

Bid (or even won, depending on when you click these links):

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops - Edit: Lost : (

Metal Gear Solid Acid

Metal Gear Solid Acid 2 - Edit: Won! : D

Placed a $13.37 bid on Acid 1 and 2 : D

Selling:

Planet Puzzle League - Edit: 2+ People looking, good stuff. : )

Mario Kart DS - Edit: Sold! for $25 : D

Super Mario 64 DS - Edit: Must be like 5+ people looking to buy, that's good : D

Nintendogs Lab and Friends - Edit: Lots of views : )

I was at BestBuy yesterday and showed-off to some guys struggling on Medium in the 360 demo of GH2. But anyway, they had a bunch of GH80's there. Even saw a guy who looked like he had 5 lvl 70 WoW characters (collector from The Simpsons nerdy) nonchalantly grab a copy, look at it and smile. I almost LoL'd. I guess Guitar Hero is DDR for the weak.

And wtf does that have to do with anything?

Anyhoo, I finally picked up my GH Rocks The 80s today. Still havn't played it yet though. Alot of people are complaining, saying it's not worth 50 bucks, it's just an expansion pack, blah f***ing blah. I find more guitar hero at a price is infinately better than no more guitar hero at all.

I wouldn't say it's weak or worse. Just different. But if you are good at Guitar Hero it doesn't mean you can play a real guitar and vice versa.

Yeah, my brother is learning the guitar and he practices at least 30 minutes a day and bought a electric guitar. But he was getting his ass handed to him on easy when he played it yesterday.

^^^

It's a lot like dissing someone who's playing a racing game and saying that the real stuff is "like, way better..."

First off on the comic, I agree with just letting people enjoy themselves, but it's rather off on the cost: a regular acoustic guitar that works well enough costs only $100-200 dollars, which is around the price of Guitar Hero and the controller. Secondly, the "years of practice" required to play a real guitar satisfactorily is about how long some people have been playing Guitar Hero and all its sequels. Thirdly, racing a car is much more dangerous than playing a guitar, unless you buy one of those BC Rich Warlock guitars. Fourthly, guitars are cool and I'm cooler than you for knowing how to play one. Fifthly, your mom's a hamster and your father smells of elderberries.

:p

It's a lot like dissing someone who's playing a racing game and saying that the real stuff is "like, way better..."

Or sports games.

And with Guitar Hero you've got the benefit of something you can do with a group of people. If whenever my friends came over I picked up a guitar and started playing people would leave. If I hand someone my second guitar controller and challenge them to a little Less Talk More Rokk then we've got the start of a fun evening.

And particularly with the upcoming battle mode for GH3, there's some real objective competition involved that you cannot get with a real guitar.

I'm not saying Guitar Hero is superior to playing the guitar, but it is for some people. (Me, for example)

First off on the comic, I agree with just letting people enjoy themselves, but it's rather off on the cost: a regular acoustic guitar that works well enough costs only $100-200 dollars, which is around the price of Guitar Hero and the controller. Secondly, the "years of practice" required to play a real guitar satisfactorily is about how long some people have been playing Guitar Hero and all its sequels. Thirdly, racing a car is much more dangerous than playing a guitar, unless you buy one of those BC Rich Warlock guitars. Fourthly, guitars are cool and I'm cooler than you for knowing how to play one. Fifthly, your mom's a hamster and your father smells of elderberries.

:p

Don't be stupid. Of course: Guitar Hero God < Real Guitar God (x 10^4)

You're not going to pick up chicks with your mad Guitar Hero skills. Also, you could say that it's more expensive to play Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 than a electric guitar and amp.

360: $400

GH2: $90

TV: $250

Cheap electic: $350

Cheap Amp: $150

Also: The relationship between video games and reality is pretty much none.

Example:

Guess what. I tried learning to play the guitar. However, my big fat fingers just aren't up to the task. A "normal chord" just about killed my fingers. Yes, I know, with practice it would feel like second nature. However, I just don't have that kind of patience. Which would you rather do? Take months learning how to do something without extreme pain and play a few simple songs? Or just take the 5 minutes to learn how to play GH and be able to play awsome songs immediately.

Yes, we all know that playing a real guitar is infinately better/cooler/what-the-f***-else-ever. But guess what? It's not as pick-up-and-playable-instant fun like GH.

I can't wait for rock band. I loves me some guitar hero, but I'm a drummer at heart.

EDIT: In a related story: OMGWTFBBQ DRAGONFORCE IN GHIII?!

Archived