Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guess what. I tried learning to play the guitar. However, my big fat fingers just aren't up to the task. A "normal chord" just about killed my fingers. Yes, I know, with practice it would feel like second nature. However, I just don't have that kind of patience. Which would you rather do? Take months learning how to do something without extreme pain and play a few simple songs? Or just take the 5 minutes to learn how to play GH and be able to play awsome songs immediately.

I never said that playing Guitar Hero was stupid; if I was only half-heartedly interested in playing music, or had no interest in spending the time necessary to play guitar, then I'd probably play Guitar Hero too.

By the way, I think you're exaggerating the pain from guitar. In my case, and I might just be odd, but I felt very little pain at all in the beginning, even though I was playing thick-gauge strings on a fairly crappy guitar. It wasn't even stressful enough to create calluses for me; strangely, my left hand has fingers just as vulnerable as my right. If it's really bugging you, though, you could always switch to light gauge strings- they feel a lot better. For fat fingers, however, I'd recommend bass personally. Fat fingers and fat strings tend to go hand in hand.

I can't wait for rock band. I loves me some guitar hero, but I'm a drummer at heart.

Peter Moore pwns the world at that game.

niner, how do those external hd's work? Can they be used for gaming?

I have an old iRiver H10 20gb MP3 player which it's audio jack is broken, so I just use it as an external portable hard drive now. Yes, they can be used for gaming. I personally have World Of Warcraft installed to it, so I can play WoW anywhere I go >.> <.<

Guess what. I tried learning to play the guitar. However, my big fat fingers just aren't up to the task. A "normal chord" just about killed my fingers.

I can't even make a single note that sounds good on my brother's Stratocaster. But I'm taking beginning guitar next year, so that should be fun. I've got big hands (Proportionately) - I can palm a basketball easily - my fingers are long and thin, but strong, lol.

niner, how do those external hd's work? Can they be used for gaming?

Hey Rogue15,

I can't speak for niner, but I have quite a good track record with my setup. The trick is to use either FireWire 400... or if you're lucky FireWire 800 interface.

USB 2.0 is quick, and great for file management, desktop apps, etc... but it'll bottleneck and cause stuttering on high-mem using apps (games, video editing, etc.).

Macs (what I use) are built with both FW800 and FW400 ports, but I'm not sure about today's PC's setups. FW400 is ample though and should work fine, though I've never braved a game like Oblivion with my 400 ports (800 works fine though). :)

^^^

Fire Wire= 400Mbit/s or 800Mbit/s

USB2.0= 480Mbit/s

So FW400<USB2.0<FW800

If you have to choose between FW400 and USB, USB wins.

PCs use USB2.0 usually. But you can buy cards and stuff for FW.

Edit:

Zoinks, got pwned. VVV

^^^

Fire Wire= 400Mbit/s or 800Mbit/s

USB2.0= 480Mbit/s

So FW400<USB2.0<FW800

If you have to choose between FW400 and USB, USB wins.

PCs use USB2.0 usually. But you can buy cards and stuff for FW.

USB cannot support sustained transfer at that rate whereas FireWire can...

FireWire400 is highly recommended over USB 2.0 in the media business where constant and consistent transfer rates are imperative. :)

http://www.barefeats.com/usb2.html

http://www.usb-ware.com/firewire-vs-usb.htm

http://www.directron.com/firewirevsusb.html

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0%2C4149%2C847716%2C00.asp

Is there such a thing as professional mascot?:p

Yes! There are NFL mascots, and NHL mascots, and MLB mascots. I don't know much about the NBA, cause baskerball courts get really freckin hot. I'm probably gonna do mascoting in college too. My mom always bugs me to go to Ohio State so I can be Brutus, but if I'm gonna be any collage mascot, I'm not gonna be a f*ckin nut, that's for sure. If mascoting determines what colledge I go to, I wanna be somthing badass! Like a puma or a eagle or somthing.

& Samuel Dravis, I love you & thank you for purchasing Psychonauts. KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE!

COUGAR MASCOT!!!

and yes...double post....ban me...there are worse rules i can break

and to you n00bs who have been here for a few months but have gone on posting sprees to get your post count up, i dare you to tell me "OMG DOUBLE POST THATS BAD" cause i will end you...

Archived