Home

Hmm, I'm looking into getting a new keyboard, but I don't want to dish out tons of money on one either, but I've never really experienced what a gaming keyboard or anything of the like feels like or how it is different.

Well the ZBoard Merc is very nice to use and, as long as you avoid the LED version, not too pricy. I picked it up for £30, so I guess you would pay around $40 in the US.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Within Temptation I was introduced to by the stoffe. It's similar to Evanescence but the tracks are in general higher quality than theirs (even though Amy Lee's voice is <3). Thanks the stoffe (you can have a <3 too)!

Now, I'm no fan of Within Temptation (I don't like the overly symphonic stuff), but comparing them to Evanescence is an insult to them. xD

Amy Lee is supposedly horrible live by the way, she uses a lot of digital voice "improvement".

Many very good things in one.

1) I got to go to CES for the whole day.

2) I got to see tons of awesome new technology s*** :D

3) I got to play GHIII on a gigantic 150 inch or so projection screen.

4) I got to play GHIII with a custom Guitar controller made from a real guitar.

5) I got a Cooler Master hat as free shwag.

6) I took second place in a GHIII tournament at the Creative booth and took home this:

14489.png

Creative Fatal1ty Laser Mouse. It's so freakin awesome :D

Who would have thought wasting away my life playing GH would eventually pay off :p

EDIT: Just used the mouse to get my druid to level 68 in WoW. Flight form for the f***ing win :D

Traded in the Wii, the DS Lite, all the games for each, and the PS2, and got the following:

PS3.jpg

Refurbished 60 gig...

ps3-resistance-font-us.jpg

ut3ps3fobmv3.jpg

Uncharted_1Box%20Art.jpg

432.jpg

ninja-gaiden-sigma-20070501035234671.jpg

I absolutely LOVE every one of these games. Best part of it is, I didn't pay a dime for any of it, the store credit paid for everything, and I still have credit left. Plus the employee discount was nice on the refurbished 60 gig. I got everything used with the exception of Unreal Tournament 3.

After 14months, I got really tired of the Wii. In 14 months out of 230 some odd titles, I was only able to find about 6 that I liked, and got bored with all of them. Same for the DS Lite. And frankly I have grown tired of Nintendo's bull****. I decided I didn't need the PS2 with the 60 gig, so I kept most of my PS2 titles. I am much happier with another high end system. I discover something new on it each day.

Now go ahead all you Nintendo fan boys, go ahead and bash me for turning my back on Nintendo. At least you know I went in to it with an open mind, and came out wanting more from an otherwise gimmicky system...

Now go ahead all you Nintendo fan boys, go ahead and bash me for turning my back on Nintendo. At least you know I went in to it with an open mind, and came out wanting more from an otherwise gimmicky system...

Heh. I just sold my Wii the other day. I would have to agree with you, though. I didn't find any great titles and the only reason why I was keeping it was so I could play Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Metriod Prime 3, but I didn't think it was worth it for that, since I'll just play it at a friend's. All my attention went to the 360 anyway.

Actually, I think what astounds me most is that I didn't realize there were that many decent games for the PS3.

There is not a lot of games out for the system, which I think is it's biggest downfall. After a year there are still only a hand full of exclusives. There is however a ton of things coming out this year. Metal Gear Solid 4, even though I am not into Metal Gear games, many people are...so that will be the system seller. The two I am most excited about now, are Haze, and Killzone 2. I have seen both of these games in action at the vendor show, and they are gorgeous.

Why on earth would you get UT3 for the PS3? FPS cannot be played properly without a mouse and keyboard, they were designed for PC and on PC they should stay.

Maybe it's because you can plug a mouse and keyboard into a PS3?

Naww... that can't be it.

/sarcasm

:p

YAY MORE POINTLESS PC/MOUSEKEYBOARD VS CONSOLE/CONTROLLER WARS!!!!1111

IIRC Grooves prefers Controllers to Mouse/Keyboard. I did too with Halo PC, I connected my Xbox controller to play that. I liked CoD4 better on the 360 than the PC. It's all a matter of preference :)

Why on earth would you get UT3 for the PS3? FPS cannot be played properly without a mouse and keyboard, they were designed for PC and on PC they should stay.

Right, and as much as I love FPS games, I refuse to shell out $3,000 a year upgrading my computer for all these system hogging games. None of them run on a conventional computer these days, everything has to be a high powered gaming rig. Trust me, I been working in this business full time for 3 years now. Also, I don't consider my self a hard core gamer enough to justify spending my condo money on a high end gaming rig. I have adapted to console based FPS games just fine. And please let this conversation die a horrible death before it becomes another console vs PC argument again. That debate is so 2002 dude...

Also, all you who have a 360, you are going to LOVE UT3. All you old school swampies who used to play Unreal 2004 in onslaught mode with me know what the hell I am talking about. Warfare mode is where it's at! Once this hits 360, that is probably all I will be playing, since I am an achievement/MP whore. I have already recruited most of my employees into purchasing it.

Right, and as much as I love FPS games, I refuse to shell out $3,000 a year upgrading my computer for all these system hogging games.

Pfft, more like $300-500 if you upgrade.

kt-tunstall-drastic.jpg

And this is why me > *.

Is it just me or does that guitar look a little too big? The neck looks right but the head and body look huge.

Oh God please tell me you didn't actually get the core edition. Oh please God have mercy on this one's soul for not waiting a little longer to get enough money for the hard drive which would make his experience so much more rewarding.

So goodbye to DLC, TV, trailers, XBL Arcade, Demos, and everything else that's cool.

Archived