Home

Orrrr one could play real guitar instead. :p
I have enough fun yelling at my brother for following that idea with a $450 Stratocaster he bought almost on a whim... he plays at least an hour a day - so he may actually get better after a bit... if he just ****ing stopped playing the god awful tunes of The Pillows. Seriously, with the entertainment in one area (Computer and 360 + HDTV) with the amp in the other corner really sucks. I'll be playing something or watching some TV show and he'll start playing randomly. Though we did once make the thing sound like a 2-stroke engine one day. :D

Don't say that, unless you want Bongo to play Hide the Chainsaw with you as his toolshed. :|

Fixxor'd.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have enough fun yelling at my brother for following that idea with a $450 Stratocaster he bought almost on a whim... he plays at least an hour a day - so he may actually get better after a bit... if he just ****ing stopped playing the god awful tunes of The Pillows.

I counter The Pillows god-awful Jap Pop crap with the exact reason why I believe multiculturalism is a sin against God.

Download the Metallica pack, Workingman and Number of the Beast. And maybe Joker and the Thief. Should continue your challenge.

Also, XBL gamer tag much?

Or one (1) Cat Skull.

Yea. Well, I've played them songs before at my buds. Its saved me about $25...

As far as XBL goes, I've had enough reports against my...how shall I say..? Rudeness that I'd really rather not run into some little prick whose gonna get my account suspended. That and I ain't had the internet in some time now (currently on my bosses computer at work). Actually, funny story; I got my friends account in trouble because we were playing GH3 on XBL and in the middle of playing some dude in Cherub Rock (where I was ahead by atleast 150,000 points) I ran out of beer, so I tells the guy "Hold on, I gotta go get another beer," and I got up, put the guitar down, walked to the kitchen, got a beer, walked back, sat down, opened it up, drank a drink, and finally started playing again. Final Score - Me: 421,200+, the guy: 201,000+.

And I got out of the cat skull business. Now I make muffins.

I'm not sayin games like Rockband/GH are pointless cause they are fun sometimes, but when you spend so much time honing your skills in it... well.... wouldnt it be a lot more worthwhile and self-fulfilling to try and get good at real guitar instead?

Its kinda hard to serenade a girl with a guitar that has fret "buttons" :p

Just bought tickets to go see Flogging Molly at the House of Blues on March 15!

I'm so f***ing excited :D

Yea f*** off just cause my town is too small for any good band but RED to come too, and I'm on probation so I can't go to a concert

Yea f*** off just cause my town is too small for any good band but RED to come too, and I'm on probation so I can't go to a concert

Probation meaning that you're grounded, or probation meaning...you killed a man twenty years before and have only recently tasted the sweet nectar of freedom?

Probation meaning that you're grounded, or probation meaning...you killed a man twenty years before and have only recently tasted the sweet nectar of freedom?
Probably a combination of the two would be my guess. Mom wasn't happy when he graffitied his victim's tomb stone last week.

microsoft_zune_demo.jpg

Microsoft Zune 30GB.

I was originally going to get an I pod, a couple of years ago, and many members on here had talked me out of it. I had a Creative Jukebox Zen, I got in like 2002. That was a great MP3 player, until I got a new computer with Vista, and the old software would no longer run....nor did Creative make any effort at all to update the software... So I bought a smaller 1GB Zen V. That worked great, but I missed having all of the extra space. I was not going to get a Zune, because I think they are ugly, but where I work I have the advantage of trading in games and DVDs for store credit, where I can purchase anything we sell. We sell Zunes. So I bought this thing entirely with store credit from a pile of 360 games I traded in. I have had this thing for about a week now, and other than it being kind of ugly, I can really find no fault with it. It has a marketplace, which is basically the same thing as I tunes. Low and behold they have a TON of industrial stuff on there that I was never able to find in stores. I get a discount on the points if I buy them at work, and I use those to purchase full albums. I been like a kid in a candy store. Best of all, it also works in my car, so I don't have to have piles of CDs sitting in my passenger seat anymore! I love it!

Just got this in the mail from a guy who sold it to me for $14 and $5 shipping. So I got a new $20 game on it's opening day for a dollar less. I think it was only on sale for a hour or so before I bought it.

Patapon.png

And I pre-ordered this:

God_of_War_Chains_of_Olympus_NA_ver.jpg

And I hear that two other games, Wipeout Pulse and that FF game are pretty good. Good time to be a PSP owner I guess. The hardware of the PSP is still amazing today, it's just that it doesn't have as many games. PSP is much more enjoyable than the DS, I'll say that right now.

Edit: My bro, sister, and I split the cash and got this:

rock_band_drum_kit-735533.gif

And my bro got a digital camcorder, one of those flip ones. Takes 720p video that looks pretty damn decent. Only problem is that it's .mov format only (I can work around that) and it can record for over an hour on 2 gigs.

Rock Band for the Xbawx360 TiE?

I just played CoD4:MW Team Deathmatch for 24 hours straight. I went from level 1(Private) to level 38(Lt. Col.) My hands are almost permanently shaped to the PS3 controller. Had to take Ibuprofen for the pain. I haven't gamed this hard in a few years so my hands are weak sauce.

At 11:58 AM - RRoD - It froze in the start of a song. I went "hmm, never froze on Rockband before." And in the back of my mind I had the joke of "wouldn't it be hilarious if it was RRoD?" ****.

20 months and it dies. Oh well. I'm going to try the towel trick - I'll let you know how that goes. I just hope this gets fixed quickly and that they replace the innards only, I have a sweet decal set on it.

Edit: It took around 50 minutes to do, but the towel trick worked!

I just hope this gets fixed quickly and that they replace the innards only, I have a sweet decal set on it.

After my second RRoD, I marked my initials on the back of the Xbox before shipping it off in its coffin. We got back a completely different casing. My initials weren't on the back.

Yeah, I've read stories where people will send in a special 360 with an autograph or something on it and they'll clean them off. So I'm guessing I'll have a 50-50 chance of getting it back with the decals. Not a huge deal, it was $25, though. And took me well over an hour to apply.

Archived