Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got a new computer.

aceraspirem1100.jpg

Athlon 64 2.2ghz dual core processor, 320 gigs hard drive, 2 gigs ddr2 ram, 19" monitor, and most importantly a spare PCI-E slot so i can get the 512mb 8800 GTS in the next paycheck. it came with integrated 256mb graphics which isn't all that great but that's to be expected with a store-bought computer.

i was planning on building one, but i just didn't feel like going through the hassle of something not working right...my primary concern was getting something that i could upgrade the video card on.

Vista is not THAT bad aside from it asking me if it's ok to install something 40...million...times.

I love that film! If you like it I would also recommended Orgasmo (ASIN: B000UZPMAS).

Yeah, Orgazmo's ok too, but BASEketball is just so over the top in its sillyness that I had to order it. Also recommended: Cannibal! The Musical.

Crap I've bought:

I was Googling for "Dramatic Classical Music" for a school project video and I saw a forum where this guy linked to this old assed CD. It basically has the un-nameable but commonly recognizable classical pieces that are very dramatic, which I'm a fan of. So $5 for the first CD I've bought in a year is a good bargain... weird that the copy I got looks like the person simply stole a library copy...

61bd4hyilcL_SS500_.jpg

$3 + $2 Shipping via eBay

I'm tired of having to constantly battle with keeping my PSP full of the stuff I like on the suffocatingly small 1GB stick. So I've decided to rectify that.

3719_1.jpg

$46 + $9 Shipping via eBay

Since I'm decided on getting a Wii by the end of the month, I went ahead and got something that I'll be needing.

Wii_Component.gif

$13 + $4 Shipping via eBay

and this little piece of modest crap for my PS2, 360, and Wii.

componentbox.jpg

$17 + $4 Shipping via eBay

And here are two games I got via Goozex,

PSPHotShotsGolfOpenTee.jpgbox-l-10.jpg

200 Points and 400 Points (Equating about $10 and $20)

I'm a fan of Katamari and I thought that even an average golf game would be a perfect addition to my PSP library because the only "pick-up and play" game I have is Lumines II and LocoRoco.

I plan on getting a Wii bundle at Costco if they have them in stock some time. It has an extra controller and Mario Galaxy and something else (I forgot, my sister spotted it for me and called, maybe Wii Play with the extra controller?) for $350.

I'll get Boom Blox and maybe Zak and Wiki or something, and some Wii points so I can buy the web browser.

Edit:

Hot Shots Golf arrived in excellent condition. So far I've played three matches and I can say that I'm probably going to be putting a lot more hours into this game. I used to play the living **** out of Mario Golf on the GBC way back when, and this is a lot like that. Really entertaining game and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Edit 2:

Me and My Katamari arrived. Only just finished the tutorial. It's totally a portable version of Katamari. The controls are a little difficult at first, but I should get used to it. Kinda funny that the guy sent the UMD wrapped in a napkin and taped together. It was sorta trashed, but it works fine.

Also, I got a 160 yard chip-in eagle on Hot Shots Golf, too.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/Videos/?action=view&current=Chip-InEagle.flv

61%2Bnq9O707L._SS500_.jpg

Anyone who read Labyrinth will know why I bought her next book, and if you haven't read Labyrinth, I strongly recommend you do. Absolutely awesome book. If you like Dan Brown, you'll love Kate Mosse.

51XZfrWofxL._SS500_.jpg

I traded out Burnout Paradise for the 360 yesterday. It was fun for the 20+ hours I spent with it in the first two weeks, but I hadn't played it since February 19th. So I got 1000 points and it was "sold" in under an hour. I was the only one sending, with 40+ people asking for it. 1000 points will be enough to get 3 or 4 older games, or one new game.

pioneer5.jpg

1. Fully assembled ready to run

2. High speed model - 40+ Mph

3. Fully ball raced

4. Powerful brushless motor

5. 11.1v Li-po battery

6. Front/rear metal differentials

7. Aluminium drive shafts

8. Sway bar as standard

9. Adjustable camber

10. Adjustable oil filled shocks

11. Highly adjustable for race tuning

12. 4WD shaft driven system

13. Slipper system

14. Aluminium chassis

Width: 187mm

Height: 108mm

Length: 232mm

Track: 126mm

Wheelbase: 177mm

Tyres: 70mm

Have fun repairing that sucker. I have an X-Terminator, buggy like that. They're pretty awesome until they start falling apart. : |

Edit:

Ooo, that was cool (try editing). I like the new 3.7 stuff. Not a lot of stuff, but still refreshing and nice.

003_TOPGUNSA~Top-Gun-Posters.jpg

GOOOOOSEEE!

donnie-darko.jpg

Everybody's in flippin love with this movie and it was surprisingly not as deep as I wanted it to be.

post3244.jpg

"What were you gonna do, laugh the other three to death?"

0679722645.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Just one of the books that came from my criminal fictions course, but awesome nonetheless.

Other books:

Divine Comedy

Confessions and Memoirs of a Justified Sinner (amazingly complex book, read it)

The New York Trilogy (trippy as ****)

Also of note:

A camera that a fellow student was going to throw away... in working condition.

Various clothing

Oh, and this:

paddlewebau9.jpg

My hand crafted fraternity paddle :) About 15 hours of work on a very stubborn piece of white oak. Probably worth about 300 dollars though I can't imagine there'd be a huge market for piece that's so personalized.

p.s. the quick reply thing is now bothersome...

A little personal woot for me today. After spending over an hour looking for a program to convert scanned manga into a PSP-friendly format and downloading 3 or 4 programs. I finally gave up.

So I gave Photoshop Batch recording a try. I'd only used it once before to resize some files. So this time I made a fairly neat one. What it does is it shrinks the page to have a 480 pixel width, then crops the top part to have 480x272. Saves it, steps back, crops right in the middle, saves, steps back, crops the bottom and saves that and closes, ready for the next file.

It works pretty well, except the naming scheme which is sorta weird (ex: Page_01a.jpg, Page_01aa.jpg, Page_01aaa.jpg, Page_02b.jpg, etc...) Takes around two seconds per page and can shrink a 25 page chapter to about 5mb. Only problem is that it can only do .jpgs, .pngs screw it up.

It was a lot of fun reading Yotsuba on my PSP in the shade on this super bright day. Really mood setting, Yotsuba is an awesome manga to read in the summer.

So it turns this:

th_Yotsubato25-23.jpg

Into this:

th_Yotsubato25-23w.jpg

th_Yotsubato25-23ww.jpg

th_Yotsubato25-23www.jpg

(There is over lapping so cut-off art and speech bubbles can be seen in two slides)

Anyway, that's all to report- other than that I've been breaking a lot of my old Rock Band records on some songs lately. I gold starred Highway Star and gained over 60,000 points to my high score with Seven.

donnie-darko.jpg

Everybody's in flippin love with this movie and it was surprisingly not as deep as I wanted it to be.

Not an easy movie. A lot of it doesn't make sense unless you know what the book says. I recommend trying the director's cut.

51lwzjLy0ZL._SS400_.jpg

Just won that on ebay for very cheap. I'm in need of some mindless shooting action.

51lqj%2BWN0PL._SS500_.jpg

Just pre-ordered it. I love tennis games. Played the hell out of Virtua Tennis 3 on my PS3. I hope some of you get this game too so we can have some good matches over live. Roll on Wimbledon!

Saturday night I became obsessed with Gold Starring Wonderwall by Oasis on Expert Drums on Rock Band. After 2 hours of attempts, I finally got a damn good gold star run. I found out today that it is in fact the 19th highest score on Xbox Live :)

We got our yearbooks for school today, and guess what mascot made the front cover??

100_2329.jpg

I've never been, and probably never will be, popular. But today, I felt really good seeing myself in that suit, on the cover of hundreds of books. I feel like a star.

We got our yearbooks for school today, and guess what mascot made the front cover??

100_2329.jpg

I've never been, and probably never will be, popular. But today, I felt really good seeing myself in that suit, on the cover of hundreds of books. I feel like a star.

ITT we track down Ave based on the name of her school then send hundreds of empty boxes to her house.

Saturday night I became obsessed with Gold Starring Wonderwall by Oasis on Expert Drums on Rock Band. After 2 hours of attempts, I finally got a damn good gold star run. I found out today that it is in fact the 19th highest score on Xbox Live :)

Wow that's awesome Bongo. Nice one.

Archived