Home

Cool. Got a link to more Info? I'm having trouble finding anything.
After searching through the various O/C forums I found that while this could be done with the previous generation, it seems that the newer Intel mobile chipsets will lock the multiplier at 6x if it is attempted. Sorry to let you down like that; I spoke too soon. :( There may a workaround somewhere. What made me think that this could be done was that two guys in the thread about this computer over at Anand were talking about doing it like it could be done. I guess they didn't know what they were talking about.

This can still be done with the desktop C2Ds, though, which is how I knew about it in the first place. It works very well when dealing with cheap motherboards with BIOSes that lack O/C features, but that doesn't help you, does it? :(

It looks like a T9300 or T8300 would be the best CPU upgrade. That motherboard does support the new 45NM CPUs, right?

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, a good sign is that the T9300 is being sold at GougeEgg for very little more than it's per-1000 price, and there are periodic price cuts from Intel that come at regular intervals, so you shouldn't have to wait too long.

It should prove to be a decent gamer with most games as-is.

^^^ Looks like someone isn't going to heaven. :V

Anyway, another thing! OHMYGOD.

$0

vf5_xbox_360.jpg

Goozex, we thank ye.

Pssst, TiE, stop buying ghey games just because they are cheap at GameStop. Sometimes, and I mean some times, they are cheap because they suck monkey. I beat that game back in February when work was unusually slow, I popped a copy into the PS3 interactive, and beat that whole game in the first try on the normal difficult setting. I beat my assistant manager too, and had to convince him that I never played it before. The controls on that game are like your grandfather's trip to the thrift store...slow and sloppy. Even for free, it still sucks. Trade it in, and pick up either Soul Caliber II, or Mortal Kombat Armageddon for regular xbox. It will look and play better than that fat turd you got right there. Right now the only other 3D fighter on 360 is Dead or Alive 4, which I am sure you played to death....Unless you are one of those Dragonball addicts...One of the reasons my store is so successful is that I have a totally open door honest policy with my customers. If a game sucks, I am not afraid to tell them about it. I don't work on commission, so I don't care. Most of the time, customers will appreciate my honesty, and pick something else out. If your not sure, just ask.

In other related news:

851473_GS_L_F.jpg

Pssst, TiE, stop buying ghey games just because they are cheap at GameStop. Sometimes, and I mean some times, they are cheap because they suck monkey. I beat that game back in February when work was unusually slow, I popped a copy into the PS3 interactive, and beat that whole game in the first try on the normal difficult setting. I beat my assistant manager too, and had to convince him that I never played it before. The controls on that game are like your grandfather's trip to the thrift store...slow and sloppy. Even for free, it still sucks. Trade it in, and pick up either Soul Caliber II, or Mortal Kombat Armageddon for regular xbox. It will look and play better than that fat turd you got right there. Right now the only other 3D fighter on 360 is Dead or Alive 4, which I am sure you played to death....Unless you are one of those Dragonball addicts...One of the reasons my store is so successful is that I have a totally open door honest policy with my customers. If a game sucks, I am not afraid to tell them about it. I don't work on commission, so I don't care. Most of the time, customers will appreciate my honesty, and pick something else out. If your not sure, just ask.

Ah-hem. *Clears throat*

F*ck you. In a friendly, fuzzy way ; )

I'm not an idiot, I can pretty much look at any game on a shelf at a Gamestop and name what rating it got and whether it sucks or not. :V

Anyway, now that that is out of the way...

This is really just to keep me sane until Soul Calibur IV comes out, and from the time I've played with it, it's a fine game, I think it's better than DoA4. But Soul Calibur II has always been my favorite because of it's deliberate feeling movements, and I still pop it in to play it in 720p goodness every once in awhile.

Also, I haven't bought anything at Gamestop in a few months, and I only spent a dollar on the game.

Archived