Home

So I have had this advance copy of Far Cry 2 since like Monday or Tuesday. The actual game does not come out until Tues, the 21st. So far, so good. You are introduced to some third world Hell hole, you get malaria, and some Russians find you, patch you up with band aids, load you up with guns, and you have to drive away in a piece of **** car and go look for an arms dealer called "the Jackal". Pretty realistic stuff. Great graphics, and the healing mechanism is note worthy. When you are shot, you hit a button, and it shows you digging bullets out of your leg with a knife.

I preordered this last week. It looks like it gonna be a fun and long game which I am looking forward too. I think that's pretty badass about digging out bullets out with a knife but can still kinda leaves me wondering. I know they were trying to go for a real realistic game from what I've read and didn't want to be as sci-fi like the first one. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

:lsduel::duel:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew about the bullet digging... cause I saw it at PAX, har har! Level building looked pretty bomb, too. "Fire! Light it on fire!" the crowd cheered whenever the demo-er asked the audience for suggestions on what he should do.

Also saw the new Prince of Persia game. POP looks cool, but it's got a rip off of Okami in it, which I found amusing. The game is around pushing out evil in the land by reviving magic geyser things, just like the sacred Sakura trees in Okami. And it's got a rip off of Mario Galaxy with the waggle-star-launchers. And a similar wall climbing section of GoW. Looked pretty cool, though.

I preordered this last week. It looks like it gonna be a fun and long game which I am looking forward too. I think that's pretty badass about digging out bullets out with a knife but can still kinda leaves me wondering. I know they were trying to go for a real realistic game from what I've read and didn't want to be as sci-fi like the first one. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

The note from Ubisoft that came with the game read as follows:

Dear GameStop Store Manager,

Here's your advance copy of the hot new release title that will drive your sales this holiday - Far Cry 2. It launches Tuesday, October 21, and we expect it to deliver some phenomenal results. With more than 50 hours of game play, and a state of the art map editor that will gamers to creat endless variations, we want to give you a first-hand preview so you can share your personal experience with your customers.

Here are a few other reasons we're so excited about this game:

1. Far Cry 2 combines the realism of an open world with the intensisty of a first-person shooter. We like to call it First Person Shooter 2.0.

2. We are investing $12M in marketing, including $8M in TV advertising.

3. The Far Cry 2 GameStop Exclusive Pre-order Edition offers 6 bonus missions and a fold-out open world map at no additional cost.

"Seeing is believing..." so please take some time to enjoy the game and learn why this will be such a big hit this holiday and beyond.

Thanks in advance for your support!

The Ubisoft Team

It's always tough this time of year, because so much stuff comes out so fast, that I can barely keep up with it all. I have a VERY bad tendency to not finish one game before picking up another. I get distracted very easily. I only spent one night on Far Cry 2. I like it a lot, but then Dead Space hit, and I just had to give it another look. Right now I am hooked on that. Far Cry 2 is really good, but the game I am most excited about right now is Fallout 3. I have a feeling once that hits, all the games I am playing, are going to go on the back burner. That's the double edged sword about the holidays. So many games competing for top dog and only so many of them really get the attention they deserve. It does not mean that some games are necessarily better than others. Remember when Rainbow Six Vegas first hit back in 2006? It hit a couple of weeks after Gears of War. Even though RSV was considered to be one of the most technically proficient shooters of it's time, it was so overshadowed by Gears of War. In this tough economy it's tough to see which games are going to make the popularity cut. I think Gears of War 2, and Call of Duty: World At War, are going to be neck in neck for top spot in the shooters categories, and everything else is going to go overlooked. Damn shame, but it happens every year. That's what happens when you don't have crap come out all summer long, and launch everything during the holidays. Bastards.

I honestly don't know how well CoD:WaW is going to do. I mean, it might be fun for a bit. But I honestly don't like WWII shooters that much anymore. At all. And yes, I know the multiplayer of WaW is just like CoD4. But I'd much rather play CoD4 itself than CoD4:WWII edition.

I honestly don't know how well CoD:WaW is going to do. I mean, it might be fun for a bit. But I honestly don't like WWII shooters that much anymore. At all. And yes, I know the multiplayer of WaW is just like CoD4. But I'd much rather play CoD4 itself than CoD4:WWII edition.

Well my friend got into the Beta and said it's pretty much the same as CoD:4 but just all WWII again. Originally I wasn't gonna play it since it's being developed by the guys that made CoD:3 but after hearing my friends's review for sure I'm not getting it. It looks like they didn't even do anything new. My friend said even all the perks were the same.

:duel::lsduel:

It's not going to necessarily be bad. CoD4's MP is honestly the most fun I've had in a shooter since first hopping into Halo 2 on XBL, so don't fix what isn't broken. But here's the thing. It's CoD4 - WWII edition. I, like many others, don't want to play a WWII themed CoD4, and would much rather simply stick to CoD4.

But it's just too boring now. Everyone I use to play with got bored of it cause after going into prestige for like the 7th time it just wan't fun anymore. And I did play all the game modes so it wasn't like I just stuck to one game type. I think it was just the rushing in the game that got to me. That's why I had fun with Rainbow 6 and Battlefield because you could play more tacticaly and switched over to those games.

I just got my second Woot item, and my first Woot-off item. I really didn't think the woot-off would get me, but it did.

I got a tripod:

Ambico_40__Camera_Tripod_with_2_way_PanheadthfStandard.jpg

I already have a mini tripod and a full size tripod, but I've been needing something in-between. This was only 14 including shipping and it was perfect size.

I just got my second Woot item, and my first Woot-off item. I really didn't think the woot-off would get me, but it did.

I got a tripod:

Ambico_40__Camera_Tripod_with_2_way_PanheadthfStandard.jpg

I already have a mini tripod and a full size tripod, but I've been needing something in-between. This was only 14 including shipping and it was perfect size.

AH! AAAAAH! AAAAAAAAAAA! DAMMIT! I need a tri-pod, no money on Paypal and I didn't even bother looking. Damn, I need one and that would be perfect! GRRRR!

AH! AAAAAH! AAAAAAAAAAA! DAMMIT! I need a tri-pod, no money on Paypal and I didn't even bother looking. Damn, I need one and that would be perfect! GRRRR!

It was on there for like half an hour at 3 in the morning. I don't think you would've caught it.

I think you can still get these pretty cheap, so I'll tell you how it is when it comes in.

Epic haul today. My 360 done 'sploded on me a while back and I've been biding my time waiting for the correct moment to pounce on a new one. Today was that day.

Xbox Pro with 60Gb Hdd:

41K2VDCPCNL._SS500_.jpg

Lego Indiana Jones:

51pV7cMpTFL._SS400_.jpg

Kung Fu Panda:

51LptXICZdL._SS400_.jpg

Saints Row 2:

517Mcs%2BqYML._SS400_.jpg

Call of Duty 4:

51%2BFHhHLogL._SS400_.jpg

Fable 2:

51qRZ1TmsxL._SS400_.jpg

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Trilogy

51WF%2BPlVJyL._SS400_.jpg

Wireless Black Controller:

41Li1wJc8TL._SS400_.jpg

"But Rhett", you might proclaim, "Surely you spent like a billion dollars on all this sweet sweet gamage!"

Nay! When all was said and done, the damage inflicted upon my wallet only totaled $407.97.

Sometimes I'm so good I touch scare myself. :3pdance:

Epic haul today. My 360 done 'sploded on me a while back and I've been biding my time waiting for the correct moment to pounce on a new one. Today was that day.

Why didn't you just ship it back to Microsoft?

Sometimes I'm so good I touch scare myself. :3pdance:

I would like to learn your skimpy ways.

Why didn't you just ship it back to Microsoft?

I would like to learn your skimpy ways.

I bought it used from someone so I ripped it open and rebuilt it which got me about four more months out of it but the gpu was already on the way out and it eventually just stopped outputting a viable signal.

Archived