Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, two things happened to me the other day.

1) I realized I had only 1.3 gigs free on my 360's Hard Drive (too much Rock Band DLC)

2) My DVD drive gave me disc read errors on games with few scratches.

So, I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone. I bought a 120gb 360 hard drive. I now have more space than I know what to do with, and thanks to the NXE, I installed my most played games to the hard drive. I don't care about the loading times, what I care about is it only uses the DVD drive to make sure you still have the game. Other than that, it doesn't use the DVD drive at all.

Now the thing that sucks about it, is it cost me 161 bucks with tax. I bought a 320gb hard drive for my laptop the other day for 150. So the price sucks. However, it turns out there's a huge market for the included Hard Drive Transfer Kit on ebay. TiE sold his for 42 bucks, so I am hoping to get near the same amount. If I sell that and my old 20gb hard drive, it will make the price a little more bearable.

Okay.

How the HELL did I not start listening to Jeff Buckley sooner? I've known about him since I was in the 4th or 5th grade and I'm just now discovering how epic his music is?

This is a problem.

Either way, Jeff Buckley is a VERY VERY VERY good thing.

grace.jpg

Jeff_Buckley_-_Sketches_for_My_Sweetheart_the_Drunk.jpg

Whoa. I was listening to that song as I read your post.

Not even kidding. That's some crazy omen right there.

As for the cover, that's pretty good. Unfortunately it doesn't boast the angelic voice that makes Jeff Buckley so god-awesome for me, but it's still pretty sweet.

waltherg22pz8.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_G22

We traded in our old .22 pistol and long rifle to get it. I still have

I've always liked.

Unfortunately it doesn't boast the angelic voice that makes Jeff Buckley so god-awesome for me, but it's still pretty sweet.

And I've seen your flag on the marble arch

And love is not a victory march

It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah!

:D

Went on a stupid shopping spree today.

az_6337_No%20World%20For%20Tomorrow_Coheed%20&%20Cambria.jpg

Coheed & Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow - $10 at Target

For as much as I love Coheed & Cambria, I never actually bought any of their cds. I'm looking to rectify that, but unfortunately Target only had No World For Tomorrow.

51WXWpyyQnL._SS500_.jpg

steelseries Wrath of the Lich King Mousepad - $15 at Gamestop.

Say what you will, but I needed a mouse pad, and I like Arthas. It's also actually pretty nice.

0001463319169_500X500.jpg

Rock Band AC/DC Live Track Pack - $40 at Wal-Mart.

Unlike what I thought, it's actually it's own stand alone game. It's basically Rock Bands version of Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. Pretty good, but I still wish they would have released it as DLC instead.

Drawing on a combination of boredom and an ADD moment, I decided to check up on the status of the Amory Wars comics, the literal form of the story told through Coheed and Cambrias four CDs. Last I checked, they were on hiatus after issue #4. After randomly checking, I found out they released issue #10, the last of the story told by their first cd "The Second Stage Turbine Blade" on October 22nd, and that they had made a compilation of the first five issues that are sold at Hot Topic stores. As much as it pained me to step inside that horrid store of fail, I ventured to one and snagged a copy of the first 5 issues.

462924hiip9.jpg

I just finished reading the whole thing, and not only is it actually good on it's own, it's shining a new perspective on their first cd for me.

It really is a nerdgasm for me :x

Now I gotta track down the second volume...

EDIT: After finally tracking down the 5th issue of the second volume, I ordered them all online. Hopefully they'll all be here friday :)

If only more comics were based of music...

Painkiller the Song the Comic...

Painkiller, half man and half machine, He's faster than a lazer bullet, louder than an atom bomb, made from Chromium plated boiling metal, and brighter than a thousand suns...

He comes to earth to save humanity. Then with mankind resurrected, they are forever to survive...

24-009-154-27.jpg

Acer 24" 1080P Monitor w/Dual HDMI inputs

Me + Credit Card + Early Black Friday Sales = Bad Combination >:3

See, here's my setup. Right now I have my computer hooked up to 2 Compaq 17" CRT monitors at 2560x1024 dualview resolution. However, I also have my 360 which I unplug a monitor from the computer and use it with it at 1280x1024 resolution. This is nice, but a huge pain, seeing as every time I want to play 360, I have to unplug the monitor from the computer, and plug it into the 360's VGA wire, then when done replug it back into the computer.

This monitor has 2 HDMI inputs, meaning that I will be able to hook my 360 up to it via HDMI (at full 1080P) and then hook up my computer to it via a DVI->HDMI cable, and switch between the two inputs at my leisure.

Only thing that sucks, is that Neweggs normally extremely fast shipping (ordered headphones from them sunday night, arrived tuesday afternoon a day early) is being hindered by the holiday weekend.

I want it now ;_;

EDIT: I also plan on getting a TV Tunder Card soon and pop it into my computer, so I can watch TV on it also :D

41nfPtneMiL._SS400_.jpg

41FclJXAEPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

So this holiday, I am hosting new years eve at my place. We are not big drinkers in my family but we like to play games. Last year we just watched T.V. at my parents house---boring! When ever I have parties at my place, I like to make grand use of my video game consoles to fund the entertainment. I been playing a lot of Rock Band 2 the last couple of nights. I like to do vocals. My brother in law, can't sing, but I did hear that he likes to play Rock Band drums at a friend's house. Now I bought a used guitar several months ago, even though I rarely use it. The only thing I lacked was drums...aka the most expensive item in the full set. At first decided to get the portable drum set from Mad Catz, so we could have a complete rock band, and then it occurred to me that I have no furniture to sit the make shift drum set on! I had my eye on the wireless drum set for some time, only because it looks spiffy. Even though wireless 360 Rock Band 2 drum sets are back ordered in my company, my neighbor store had one left. So I returned the portable set, traded in a few games, and had enough to pay for the wireless drum kit, and a couple of symbol expansions. I have only messed with it briefly, but it is fun. It is actually something I would not mind practicing at. And I have to admit, it looks kinda sexy in my living room! :cool:

Yeah, I'm sure it helps. You really gain a mastery of rhythm. And your forearms/endurance get trained like no other.

Ohhh, I'm so quoting that out of context.... whoops...

Gluttony, thy name is BongoBob.

WHAT THE **** THAT WAS MY TITLE!!!

Archived