Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find it funny just reading it.

Yep, good thing, I also got back from seeing Watchmen. It was a long movie but I enjoyed it. On the ride back home we were pulled over and searched at like 1 something in the AM. I have never been searched before.

I was also recently pulled over and searched.

The great thing is, both times I'd been pulled over, never gotten a ticket (even for the serious first one of going 20 miles over the speed limit). This time when I get pulled over, I'm with my friend, it's by an undercover cop, while coming out of the bario, and they were f***in serious about it. They searched both of us, the car, my friends backpack, everything. Then he was gonna cite me for following too closely and an unsafe lane change (I was guilty of both I guess, but I had my reasons). He lets me off with a warning on both, bullets 1 and 2 dodged. Then as he drives off, I yell in the car "HOLY S***! HE DIDN'T EVEN CARE WE WEREN'T WEARING SEATBELTS!" Bullet 3 dodged. Then I come to find out, that the insurance information in the car (which he didn't ask to see) was old and invalid, and the new valid one was at home. Bullet #4 dodged.

One lucky as hell night.

EDIT:

winsauce.jpg

My broken Xbox 360 that had 1 red ring and was out of the standard one year warranty is on it's way back to me from Microsoft after being repaired for free, becuase I sent it it saying it RRoD on me (which is covered for three years).

It pretty much is RAtM, except with superior vocals. :p

I really dug Audioslave. Chris Cornell is off doing his own thing and Rage has been reconciled. Oh well :giveup:

My broken Xbox 360 that had 1 red ring and was out of the standard one year warranty is on it's way back to me from Microsoft after being repaired for free, becuase I sent it it saying it RRoD on me (which is covered for three years).

RoxStar = Scheming Genius

Fixing the RRoD is pretty easy, if it does RRoD on you just open the case and put some Arctic Silver on the GPU... :)

Fixing the RRoD is pretty easy, if it does RRoD on you just open the case and put some Arctic Silver on the GPU... :)

EDIT: Maybe you didn't understand me. Let me be more clear here.

My Xbox died on me with only 1 red light. Not the RRoD. Because it was a year old, and didn't RRoD on me, I would have had to pay 90 dollars for Microsoft to fix it for me. Instead, I called em up, and told them it RRoD on me, even though it really hadn't, because the RRoD is covered for 3 years.

Also, putting new thermal compound on the GPU won't fix the RRoD 100% of the time, and if your console has RRoD on you, you're more likely than not still covered for Microsoft to fix it for free. So why open up your case (voiding your warranty) to do something that most likely won't fix it. The problem is more often than not the failed X-Clamp design, so if you're going to ruin your warranty, you might as well replace the X-Clamp with parts that don't warp the motherboard, which will actually fix it.

So, in conclusion:

sign-gtfo-400.jpg

My Xbox died on me with only 1 red light. Not the RRoD. Because it was a year old, and didn't RRoD on me, I would have had to pay 90 dollars for Microsoft to fix it for me. Instead, I called em up, and told them it RRoD on me, even though it really hadn't, because the RRoD is covered for 3 years.

This doesn't sound like fraud at all.

Searched? Damn, that's dumb. Something to think about is that if a cop asks to search your car, you can say no. They just need a "uhhh, sure" to be allowed to look at everything. Though, if something worse happens for saying no, I don't know. Har.

I was also recently pulled over and searched.

The great thing is, both times I'd been pulled over, never gotten a ticket (even for the serious first one of going 20 miles over the speed limit). This time when I get pulled over, I'm with my friend, it's by an undercover cop, while coming out of the bario, and they were f***in serious about it. They searched both of us, the car, my friends backpack, everything. Then he was gonna cite me for following too closely and an unsafe lane change (I was guilty of both I guess, but I had my reasons). He lets me off with a warning on both, bullets 1 and 2 dodged. Then as he drives off, I yell in the car "HOLY S***! HE DIDN'T EVEN CARE WE WEREN'T WEARING SEATBELTS!" Bullet 3 dodged. Then I come to find out, that the insurance information in the car (which he didn't ask to see) was old and invalid, and the new valid one was at home. Bullet #4 dodged.

I think that's why allowing them to search is a good idea.

Searched? Damn, that's dumb. Something to think about is that if a cop asks to search your car, you can say no. They just need a "uhhh, sure" to be allowed to look at everything. Though, if something worse happens for saying no, I don't know. Har.

I've been told multiple times that if a cop asks to search your car and you say no then they automatically have probable cause. It's a broken system, but that's how it is.

@Bongo: Yay for your 360 and new computer! Also, I saw you're $6 DVI > HDMI cable and I'm getting one as well :D

I've been told multiple times that if a cop asks to search your car and you say no then they automatically have probable cause. It's a broken system, but that's how it is.
That seems a bit backwards-- I mean, if consenting allows them to search and saying no means that they can automatically search, there would be effectively no "protection from unreasonable searches", i.e., it'd be unconstitutional. From what I understand, if you refuse a search, they can detain you for up to around 90 minutes under "reasonable suspicion" while waiting for a sniffer dog (which may give them probable cause to search your car without consent), but more than that and they either have to arrest you or let you go.

To be honest, I don't see a particular downside to saying no to a search request (besides being delayed)-- if you're not guilty, then they shouldn't be searching you, and if you are, there's a decent chance they won't bother with getting probable cause and let you go on your way. In addition, if they did search you without legitimate justification or consent, it's possible that anything incriminating collected would be impermissible as evidence.

header.jpg?t=1236556964

Unreal Tournament 3 Black, 40% off until March 15th. Downloading now...

Played the hell out of all the previous Unreal Tournament games, love them. Dunno why I never bothered to get this before.

I really dug that game a lot. Did not play it on the PC, but played it a lot on the 360 and PS3. Only thing that killed that game for me, was a piss poor online community, and some broken online glitches. Also, "warfare mode" is basically the siege mode from UT2K3. Running/sprinting is replaced with the use of hover boards.

I really dug that game a lot. Did not play it on the PC, but played it a lot on the 360 and PS3. Only thing that killed that game for me, was a piss poor online community, and some broken online glitches. Also, "warfare mode" is basically the siege mode from UT2K3. Running/sprinting is replaced with the use of hover boards.

I've got UT3 for PC, but I never play it. I've had every version of Unreal since the first one and it's what shaped my tastes as a gamer, and playing an M-rated game at 9 years old is a good way to get bad dreams.

I got UT3 as a birthday present for my dad which is the only game he likes (just give him a small level with Rocket Arena on). But other than a few death matches with AI, I haven't really touched it at all.

Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2k3, Unreal 2, Unreal Tournament 2k4, Unreal Tournament 3... all of them...

Also, I want the magic known as Bombing Run back, that stuff was ridiculous!

Archived