Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got home from district large group choral contest. My choir got a 2 overall, which is very good for sophomores who are noobs at the high school and haven't been to large group contest before. One judge actually gave us a 1 on our singing, which is amazing.

Also my birthday was yesterday. I got a lots of chocolate, a balloon, and a promise ring from my boyfriend <3

custom_1236882302343_re360.JPG

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEr.

Got it at 10am at Toys 'R Us on launch day (made my bro get when he had an hour off from classes). When straight home and played split screen co-op for 5 hours straight. Got to the large lake level about half way through the game. Went to work, realized the entire (obvious) twist of the game's story and texted my brother the secret. Went home, played another hour... accidentally booted ourselves out (selected Continue?: No) after Sheva lost a few pounds thanks to the friendly chainsaw maniac.

And developing a system of co-operation with two people is great. I play Chris, my bro plays Sheva. I've got the pistol, MP5, Dragnov, and Stun Baton with grenades. Bro has a better pistol, the Ithaca shotgun, the RPG-7, and Stun Baton and deals with a lot of the healing equipment. Inventory space is clausrophobic as hell, too. I'm usually pretty loaded with 3 guns, their ammo, a melee vest, and the stun baton -- taking up 8 spaces, leaving one for either health or grenades... kind of a pain. But meh.

Game is awesome, especially in co-op... even with split screen the game still looks amazing... people don't look like action figures like in MGS4... Also, buy the stun baton ASAP, that thing kicks ass and doesn't need reloading.

Oh, and about the demo...

If you played and liked RE4, no reason not to get RE5.

If you played and didn't like RE4, this isn't really gonna change your mind that much.

If you've never played RE4, the demo isn't that good of an intro and just realize the demo levels are abnormally hard and unforgiving. So if you like it but kicked your ass, just imagine it more fun and being somewhat easier.

Copy Pasta

Bad News: Couldn't find a good pair of headphones under $30.

Good News: Got a good haul tonight, first off:

album-the-electric-joe-satriani-an-anthology.jpg

Got this for about $16 at Barnes and Noble.

boxart_eur_splinter-cell-double-agent.jpg

Got this used for about $16 as well, with another $30 in Gamestop credit for a bunch of trade-ins. Awesome.

I also hauled in the ORIGINAL Sonic The Hedgehog game on Xbox live Arcade for about 400 MS points, which is about $5, with about 570 MS ppoints waiting to be spent on Rock Band tracks.

Today is a good day.

Went to work, realized the entire (obvious) twist of the game's story and texted my brother the secret.

You can only see the zombies because you're one too?

Or is it that Albert Wesker is your father?

Maybe Sheva kills Dumbledore?

Hmm. I've never played a Splinter Cell game. Many people say I should, but I didn't know if they were my type. Thoughts?

I've only ever played the original Splinter Cell on Xbox, but I loved it. Good place to start I'd say. ;)

Yes, the ports are IMO better. I've played the original game, Pandora Tomorrow, and Chaos Theory on PC. I played the original on Xbox and it was more difficult to aim (just the typical problems of shooters on consoles, I guess).

If you suck at shooters on consoles that is :xp:

I'm actually, ehem, acquiring, Chaos Theory for PC, seeing as I forgot how TOTALLY F***IN AWESOME that game was.

I have Pandora Tomorrow and the original. I was thinking of getting Chaos Theory, but eh, I'll get it later.

However...

Double Agent is a MEAN Motherf**ker when it comes to sneaking around in the JBA HQ.

Oh, and Sonic a kicking my a$$. Stupid Marble Zone. Bringin' back a lot of good memories though.

If you suck at shooters on consoles that is :xp:

I'm actually, ehem, acquiring, Chaos Theory for PC, seeing as I forgot how TOTALLY F***IN AWESOME that game was.

Stabbity rip stab stab.... those ****ing laser gates...

custom_1236882302343_re360.JPG

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEr.

Got it at 10am at Toys 'R Us on launch day (made my bro get when he had an hour off from classes). When straight home and played split screen co-op for 5 hours straight. Got to the large lake level about half way through the game. Went to work, realized the entire (obvious) twist of the game's story and texted my brother the secret. Went home, played another hour... accidentally booted ourselves out (selected Continue?: No) after Sheva lost a few pounds thanks to the friendly chainsaw maniac.

And developing a system of co-operation with two people is great. I play Chris, my bro plays Sheva. I've got the pistol, MP5, Dragnov, and Stun Baton with grenades. Bro has a better pistol, the Ithaca shotgun, the RPG-7, and Stun Baton and deals with a lot of the healing equipment. Inventory space is clausrophobic as hell, too. I'm usually pretty loaded with 3 guns, their ammo, a melee vest, and the stun baton -- taking up 8 spaces, leaving one for either health or grenades... kind of a pain. But meh.

Game is awesome, especially in co-op... even with split screen the game still looks amazing... people don't look like action figures like in MGS4... Also, buy the stun baton ASAP, that thing kicks ass and doesn't need reloading.

Oh, and about the demo...

If you played and liked RE4, no reason not to get RE5.

If you played and didn't like RE4, this isn't really gonna change your mind that much.

If you've never played RE4, the demo isn't that good of an intro and just realize the demo levels are abnormally hard and unforgiving. So if you like it but kicked your ass, just imagine it more fun and being somewhat easier.

Brilliant GAME! Brilliant Co-op. Going through the campaign with Lynk Former right now. It is also the source of my excessive insomnia the last 3 nights. I HAVE the game, though I don't technically own a copy yet. I have it on check out from work, until I get my lost debit card replaced. I guess you could say loosing my debit card was my unlucky Friday The 13th story. I had just got my income tax money too. Damn!

Found an old speaker and subwoofer system my dad had, and hooked it up to my computer. Played Iron Man by Black Sabbath.

IT'S AWESOME

You haven't lived until you heard Iron Man blasted full strength from a good sound system. :D

The Live version is TEN TIMES AWESOMER. BTW.

Archived