Home

thats not true, there have been some state laws that were trying to get passed, but they were all struck down as unconstitutional. the fact is, that the esrb rates games based on content and its up to the consumer and the retailer to decide which games to buy/sell. now they could very well refuse service to you, but theres no law that says you have to be 18 to buy an M rated game. or any age to be perfectly frank.

Nonsense. If I get caught selling M rated games to a minor, I loose my job, the store get's closed temporarily, and the company has to pay a steep fine for every unit that was sold. Not sure where you are getting your info, but this one is actually posted in our store operations manual, and they politely warn us every time a major M rated release comes out.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whats with that Keira pic in your sig? She looks liek someone's mum?

:(

@Tie: whats NG Black like? I loved the original NG.. but since it was so hard to complete it I didn't really feel the need to play it again.. even with slight changes. I never even got around to downloading the hurricane packs (and they are free) let alone buying it again.

Does it feel like a new game, or just the same game with tweaks? What I really want in ninja gaiden 2!

Single player wise it's pretty much the same, the differences are only good ones, and the Lunar kicks ass. So far I've only been dying on the bosses, fighting against the normal enemies aren't that hard for me.

About difficulty, I heard that if you die a bunch of times in the begining it unlocks an easier level of difficulty.

Nonsense. If I get caught selling M rated games to a minor, I loose my job, the store get's closed temporarily, and the company has to pay a steep fine for every unit that was sold. Not sure where you are getting your info, but this one is actually posted in our store operations manual, and they politely warn us every time a major M rated release comes out.

They have thrown out a lot of those bills recently though, he's right about that. I didn't think any were still standing.. but maybe they've managed to implement it in a different way. Or maybe the manual is out of date.

@darth m: not in that pic! Which i didn't actually think was possible. ;)

@Tie: whats NG Black like? I loved the original NG.. but since it was so hard to complete it I didn't really feel the need to play it again.. even with slight changes. I never even got around to downloading the hurricane packs (and they are free) let alone buying it again.

Does it feel like a new game, or just the same game with tweaks? What I really want in ninja gaiden 2!

Hehe, as Game Informer said, "Basically, if you die too many times, ayane pops onto the screen to tell you how much you suck, and then ask if you want the easy mode for the level."

Cheers :)

that may be your store policy, but the law that banned sales of violent video games to minors in Illinois was struck down by a judge.

link

that may be your store policy, but the law that banned sales of violent video games to minors in Illinois was struck down by a judge.

link

Yes this will be interesting to see what happens next. Until I am told otherwise, or I get a memo that ammends our store policy, i'll have to reluctantly continue to practice the same ethics as before, which is to card anyone who looks younger than 30. I don't want the local soccer moms to come after me with pitch forks, because you KNOW this can happen. We've even recently had some parents call us and ask us to tell they're children that we "do not" sell certain titles just to keep them from wanting to purchase it. I call this piss poor parenting at best. I am all about the freedom of whatever, but I have to confess I would feel VERY awkward allowing someone who can barely see over the counter to trade in a copy of Scooby Doo's Cyber Chase towards a copy of God of War. :eek:

Its a perfectly reasonable store policy... its just no longer due to legal consideration but simply common sense. I suspect when the guidance was issued it was based on legal considerations though.

I never finished Loom... what i played was good though.. Indy 4, Sam n Max and Day of the tentacle are still my fave scumm games though...

I never finished Loom... what i played was good though.. Indy 4, Sam n Max and Day of the tentacle are still my fave scumm games though...
I just finished it. It was really fun, mainly because it's completely unlike any games I've played in a long time. I thought it was cool how music was used in the game; too bad they never made the sequels to it because now I want them. :(

I'm still baffled as to why lucasarts haven't re-released all the scumm games on the DS.

I know you can play them on the DS with scummVM... but its a huge ammount of hassle.

Having played Day of the Tentacle on a handheld (gp32 scummVM) I thought the small screen made the graphics look great.. and having a stylus like the DS would make implementation easy. The only issue might be having to scale the resolution down a bit for the DS.. but since they could move the inventory and dialogue onto another screen it should work.

Shouldn't be much work, and they could even release the older ones (MI, Loom, Indy3, Manic mansion) as double packs to get more people to buy them.

I for one would appreciate the chance to play loom, full throttle and the MI games that i missed the first time.. but don't look so great on full screen monitors anymore.

My mom finally deposited my money into the bank account, so I ordered my pair of Sennheiser PX100s today.

40 bucks with expitided shipping, which means that I should have it by tuesday. wednesday at the latest :)

*Looks them up*

Niiice. I've got Philips Surround Sound white earbuds, they're pretty sweet. Even though it's my third pair of them cause they've been stepped on and eaten. So I've spent $60 on one pair of head phones. ^_^

Archived