Home

did a shot of scalding hot coffee last night, proved how manly i am

and if youve never tried to take a shot of scalding hot coffee, i dont recommend you try it, it burns so horribly bad

I only like hot coffee in my video games. :/

VGTs: the last 6 books of Gaiman's The Sandman, of which I have blasted through three of in the past couple of hours. It's awesome and now I have the complete collection... so beautiful.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, get the bad **** out of the way.

I realized too late (IE about 20 minutes ago) that the phone I was sold was not a 3GS, and was in fact a 3G. Tomorrow I get to go raise hell, and then order an actual 3GS online from AT&T most likely, and have to wait until at least monday for it. FML.

The good **** now though.

Today was Coheed and Cambria day. At 5PM at a local record store, they played what was supposed to be a 2 song acoustic set, and became a 3 song acoustic set, with acoustic versions of their songs Here We Are Juggernaut and Pearl of the Stars from their new cd Year of the Black Rainbow, as well as an acoustic version of Welcome Home from Good Apollo Volume 1.

Afterwards, this happened:

img0028u.th.jpg

That would be my hardcover copy of Year of the Black Rainbow (the cd, not the hardcover novel), signed by Mic Todd, Chris Penne, Travis Stevers, and Claudio Sanchez. Now to find a way to both protect and display it.

Then after wandering the mall and the Best Buy in the area for a bit to kill time, we arrived at the Hard Rock, in time to hear the last 2 songs from Dear Hunter, which were alright. After a 10-20 minute setup, Porcupine Tree took the stage. Ugh. If you like them, good for you, music is subjective, all that ****, but god I was bored out of my mind. Then after another 10-20 minute setup, finally, Coheed took the stage, and immediately began playing possibly my favorite song of theirs. The sheer energy of the crowd was absolutely mind blowing to me.

I've been up for over 26 hours, my feet ache, my throat is thrashed, and it was quite easily one of the very best nights of my life.

Like I said, music is subjective. There were people there that were losing their damn minds for them (much in the way I did for Coheed), and left after their set (which was fine by me, because of that I ended up like 2 people from the front gate directly in front of Claudio), but I had no interest in them. Maybe if I heard their recorded stuff, but not knowing the songs and honestly just wanting to hear Coheed, it felt like the longest set I've ever sat through.

In other news, called that Wal-Mart up and said that I had called yesterday asking if they had any 3GS' in stock, and they said they had just one, so I went down and bought it immediately, and then realized last night that I had been sold a 3G instead. She said she looked it up and they were still showing 1 3GS in their inventory, so it was an employee error and apologized profusely for it, and then said I just needed to bring back the phone and everything that came with it and she could exchange it for the 3GS. So on my way to Wal-Mart now.

Looking at that concert's promo/flyer, and the fact that it's their newest album, I assume they must've played most, if not all of The Incident, which doesn't make for a great first-impression as it's their weakest album in quite a while (in my opinion). Shame.

You really should give In Absentia and/or Stupid Dream a listen, as those are their most accessible albums by far. If you don't end up liking them, then you probably just don't like their style, and that makes me sad. :(

I'll do that, because I never like to judge music by such a small impression of it. There was one song I didn't mind, and I could see they have some great potential, but I just wasn't feeling it at the time.

Anyhow, after some fun at Wal-Mart, finally exchanged the 3G for the 3GS. Much much better. And because it came with iOS 4.0 preinstalled, I've already jailbroken it :)

Like I said, music is subjective. There were people there that were losing their damn minds for them (much in the way I did for Coheed), and left after their set (which was fine by me, because of that I ended up like 2 people from the front gate directly in front of Claudio), but I had no interest in them. Maybe if I heard their recorded stuff, but not knowing the songs and honestly just wanting to hear Coheed, it felt like the longest set I've ever sat through.

Indeed, I've never really warmed up to Coheed myself. But as Kus said I think you should give In Absentia a listen, good ****.

1965 was a very good year... :)

n591183460_657972_9188.jpg

n591183460_657973_9465.jpg

'65 Gibson ES-335 in practically MINT condition. (The original tags are still in the case, almost no dings, scratches, or wear.)

Was once my dad's. It's now mine. He bequeathed it upon me while I was visiting him these last couple of weeks. Bringing the grand total of "guitars I have that I know are older than me" up to: 3.

1965 was a very good year... :)

n591183460_657972_9188.jpg

n591183460_657973_9465.jpg

'65 Gibson ES-335 in practically MINT condition. (The original tags are still in the case, almost no dings, scratches, or wear.)

Was once my dad's. It's now mine. He bequeathed it upon me while I was visiting him these last couple of weeks. Bringing the grand total of "guitars I have that I know are older than me" up to: 3.

damn you, ed.

Archived