Home

Well, I was only there for about 2 1/2 - 3 hours, but damn was it fun. I didn't exactly see alot of revolutionary stuff, but I did see alot of bleeding edge tech, and not to mention get alot of shwag.

I got a Sennheiser T-Shirt because I was rocking my HD-595s at the show (spilled Dr Pepper on them and now I have to clean em ><). The guy at the sennheiser booth was really cool, and was really amazed at how much I knew. We ended up talking for a good 7 or 8 minutes, and then as I was about to leave he was like, "Want a T-Shirt?" I was like Hellz to the yeah!

I got a pair of cheap earbud headphones from the creative booth that I will most likely end up giving to my friend whose headphones broke.

I got free DivX software, a squishy DivX ball, and a DivX pen from the DivX booth.

While walking around I found the Cooler Master booth, and I was able to play Battlefield 2142 on a bleeding edge machine (AMD Athlon 64 X2 FX CPU, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 2xGeForce 8800GTs in SLI on a big ass monitor running at 1600x1200 using a logitech G5 mouse and G15 keyboard) for about 10 minutes, and because of that they gave me a Cooler Master T-Shirt which I gave to my dad because it's way too small for me, a Cooler Master Beanie, a Picture Holder, and some weird beanbag type thing.

I also got a Zalman hat from the zalman booth. Which is where I saw their awsome new 3D monitors coming out. And I have to say, it was really f***in nifty playing WoW on them. The toolbar was on a seperate layer from the character, the character was on a seperate layer from the world, but it all blended together really naturally.

But the coolest thing was I was able to play fatal1ty one on one in Quake IV. There was this whole promotion at the Creative booth called the fatal1ty shootout or something like that, and I got there kind of near the end and tried to get in for 3 or 4 rounds. And on the last one he picked the guy near me, and then pointed to me and said you're next. But the lady coordinating it all was a b***h, and was freaking out, "NO THIS IS YOUR LAST ONE WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!!!!!1" I smelled sulfur too I think. Anyhow, he just kind of made a gesture like hold on and winked at me, which was kind of creepy, and after the match, the lady announced he was gonna sign autographs. So I was like third in line, and he just said, come back in about 10 minutes. So wandered over to the Lexmark booth and played PGR3 in 1080i using the new MS racing wheel that TiE just got (awsome wheel btw, really made it a whole different game). And then walked back over, and after he was done, he turned off the big monitors overhead, and turned the computer back on, and set up the match. I ended up losing -3 to 28 or something like that. I actually got 2 or 3 kills against him. Was really cool, considering the best score was 0-29, and the second place was -2-32, so I would have ended up placing third. I thought he would be a real jackass, but he was really cool and down to earth. He's a dick in game though :p

I can't wait until next year, when I get to actually go for all four days :)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My DS-Xtreme came today!

Currently DSOrganise would be my top program, it should have come as standard. I am using the WiFi radio function at the moment. strangely it is working fine well beyond the range that I can connect when playing Mario Kart.

I have also put DS-Doom on there already.

Now to go and look for some more homebrew...

lol, milo, my brother is starting to read those. Thrawn is teh awesome. I hope you also plan to get the third book.

Mos' definately. I'm almost finished with the second one already.

Anyway, I had to buy this the other day:

concisehistory.jpg

History 1700 blows. :wornout:

Well, I was only there for about 2 1/2 - 3 hours, but damn was it fun. I didn't exactly see alot of revolutionary stuff, but I did see alot of bleeding edge tech, and not to mention get alot of shwag.

I got a Sennheiser T-Shirt because I was rocking my HD-595s at the show (spilled Dr Pepper on them and now I have to clean em ><). The guy at the sennheiser booth was really cool, and was really amazed at how much I knew. We ended up talking for a good 7 or 8 minutes, and then as I was about to leave he was like, "Want a T-Shirt?" I was like Hellz to the yeah!

I got a pair of cheap earbud headphones from the creative booth that I will most likely end up giving to my friend whose headphones broke.

I got free DivX software, a squishy DivX ball, and a DivX pen from the DivX booth.

While walking around I found the Cooler Master booth, and I was able to play Battlefield 2142 on a bleeding edge machine (AMD Athlon 64 X2 FX CPU, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 2xGeForce 8800GTs in SLI on a big ass monitor running at 1600x1200 using a logitech G5 mouse and G15 keyboard) for about 10 minutes, and because of that they gave me a Cooler Master T-Shirt which I gave to my dad because it's way too small for me, a Cooler Master Beanie, a Picture Holder, and some weird beanbag type thing.

I also got a Zalman hat from the zalman booth. Which is where I saw their awsome new 3D monitors coming out. And I have to say, it was really f***in nifty playing WoW on them. The toolbar was on a seperate layer from the character, the character was on a seperate layer from the world, but it all blended together really naturally.

But the coolest thing was I was able to play fatal1ty one on one in Quake IV. There was this whole promotion at the Creative booth called the fatal1ty shootout or something like that, and I got there kind of near the end and tried to get in for 3 or 4 rounds. And on the last one he picked the guy near me, and then pointed to me and said you're next. But the lady coordinating it all was a b***h, and was freaking out, "NO THIS IS YOUR LAST ONE WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!!!!!1" I smelled sulfur too I think. Anyhow, he just kind of made a gesture like hold on and winked at me, which was kind of creepy, and after the match, the lady announced he was gonna sign autographs. So I was like third in line, and he just said, come back in about 10 minutes. So wandered over to the Lexmark booth and played PGR3 in 1080i using the new MS racing wheel that TiE just got (awsome wheel btw, really made it a whole different game). And then walked back over, and after he was done, he turned off the big monitors overhead, and turned the computer back on, and set up the match. I ended up losing -3 to 28 or something like that. I actually got 2 or 3 kills against him. Was really cool, considering the best score was 0-29, and the second place was -2-32, so I would have ended up placing third. I thought he would be a real jackass, but he was really cool and down to earth. He's a dick in game though :p

I can't wait until next year, when I get to actually go for all four days :)

You're a dirty hoe. But thanks for believing in da wheel. : P

B000LSF7Z4.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V49371863_.jpg

This game is alot more fun than I thought it would be. You fight a race of aliens known as Akrids, and also fight hords of snow pirates on a planet called E.D.N.III. What makes this game fun is the sheer volume of GIANT aliens and all the different ways to blow them up. Similar to scenes from Starship Troopers, some of these aliens crawl up from out of the ground and have different modes of attack. The main bad alien you are hunting is simply known in the game as "Green Eyes", he resembles a large centipede, and when I say large, I mean he's the size of an aircraft carrier.

All the guns in this game are just plain fun to use. Even more fun, is the mechs scattered through out the game known as "vital suits". They are mounted with heavy machine guns and some of them even fly. There is no end to the possibities of destruction goin on in this game, and it is fun every time I go back and play a mission. I HIGHLY recomend this game to anybody who loves geeky sci-fi shooters as much as I do.

Archived