Home

I abused the wire on my old monitor by transferring it from my computer to the xbox-360 and vice-versa so many times that it started breaking a few weeks ago and officially broke a week ago. By "break", I mean at first it dropped certain hues of color depending on which way the wire was bent, so in one direction it was green and in another it was blue and in another it was regular. Took quite a bit to get it into proper place, but I was able to. Until last week, when in a fit of stupidity and rage I tried twisting the wire around in a pseudo-sexual manner, not unlike the death of the poor mother sow by the boys in Lord of the Flies. Anyway, the wire's condition went from bad to worse, and it displayed only different hues of color, with the proper color position being replaced by a giant void of emptiness that I'm sure is an omen for something.

In other works, my wire for my monitor was fubar'd and since it was a CRT the wire wasn't detachable. $200 dollars down the drain, but thanks to newegg...

24-001-236-15.jpg

It's a new Samsung Syncmaster 216BW.

So god-damn awesome. Everything about it is great; the only complaint I could possibly have against it is that it's bright enough to qualify as an x-ray machine.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a new Samsung Syncmaster 216BW.

So god-damn awesome. Everything about it is great; the only complaint I could possibly have against it is that it's bright enough to qualify as an x-ray machine.

That there is one sexay monitor :thumbsup:

I'm sporting 24" Dell widescreens and yeah, I agree... I don't need room lights when the power is turned on :lol:

That "certified for Vista" logo just means that it's compatible with Vista's standard(like the HDCP-qualified DVI port), even though no one with sanity or a properly functioning cerebral cortex would use it over XP at this point.

But then again, on the picture it's running Mac. I guess either way they'd have to be nutty.

Zing!

I'm sporting 24" Dell widescreens and yeah,

Wait, widescreens? You mean you have more than one 24" monitors running together? While that would be a pretty awesome setup, I'm fairly sure it would qualify for the carnal sin of gluttony or something. Then again, I'm fairly certain you'd be safe from gluttony if the material didn't come from edible materials.

Wait, widescreens? You mean you have more than two 24" monitors running together? While that would be a pretty awesome setup, I'm fairly sure it would qualify for the carnal sin of gluttony or something. Then again, I'm fairly certain you'd be safe from gluttony if the material didn't come from edible materials.

Careful there Tyrion, you're starting to show signs of envy. Also, I don't think OLED screens would make a tasty snack, either.

Careful there Tyrion, you're starting to show signs of envy. Also, I don't think OLED screens would make a tasty snack, either.

Oh comon, who wouldn't want to munch on some OLED crackers with toppings of thermal paste rinsed down with a glass of windex?

Mmm, chemical poisoning goodness.

Oh comon, who wouldn't want to munch on some OLED crackers with toppings of thermal paste rinsed down with a glass of windex?

Mmm, chemical poisoning goodness.

Sounds like a dangerous addiction there, Tyrion.

Anyway, cool thing is that I'm making this post from Wi-Fi equipped McDonalds near my work on lunch break on my DS. :D

But I had to work at 6:00pm this morning, not fun.

Sounds like a dangerous addiction there, Tyrion.

Yeah, I know. But what am I going to do: once you go silicon carbonic goodness, you can't go back.

But I had to work at 6:00pm this morning, not fun.

If your morning starts at 6PM then I feel really, really bad for you...

Quoted for truth.

Too bad I made $80 today. Anyway, I'm still a morning person, even though I woke up at 5:56am and work started at 6:00am, I was showered and ready to go in 8 minutes. :D

Except for forgetting my wallet with my time card in it, nothing bad happened.

Archived