Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheaper than a bad Starbucks habit, too.

Yeah, but once you're hooked on Starbucks there's no coming back from that. I've seen a few people who had Starbucks addictions, it was scary. They needed to walk only a few blocks over and they could get a quick fix, in different potencies of "tall, grande, vende". That's how ****ed up the stuff was, they had to resort to Italian.

My friends were suckered into that lifestyle of high latte's and fast frappacinos. Some of the weaker willed ones even tried espresso's: man, that's an addiction I would never want to wish on anyone, even my enemies. They withdrew into shells of their former selves: broken husks that wander the streets for $5.95 in change in hopes of a small, ephemeral fix to a better time long gone by.

Long, long gone by.

(This post was created with special thanks to Talking Heads. Oh David Byrne, this is not my beautiful life. *sniff*)

I abused the wire on my old monitor by transferring it from my computer to the xbox-360 and vice-versa so many times . . .

In other works, my wire for my monitor was fubar'd and since it was a CRT . . .

You must related to me your secrets of using a computer monitor for your game console.

Wait, widescreens? You mean you have more than one 24" monitors running together? While that would be a pretty awesome setup, I'm fairly sure it would qualify for the carnal sin of gluttony or something.

:lol: I'm a video editor by profession.. it's work-related, even for the home 'puter.

One would be enough If I didn't have a ba-jillion different progz and palettes in my face... :whacked:

Hazzah, and be amazed!

Xbox 360 + Xbox 360 Vga Cable.

Good grief, answer me these questions three.

1. My understanding is that most CRTs computer monitors are progressive scan. You mentioned you had a CRT, so I am assuming this is true.

2. Does it allow for high def? I've been trying to figure out for the longest time how a next gen console on a computer monitor would work.. Does it default to 480p?

3. What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

1. My understanding is that most CRTs computer monitors are progressive scan. You mentioned you had a CRT, so I am assuming this is true.

Yeah, CRTs are progressive scan but they can display interlacing fairly well too.

2. Does it allow for high def? I've been trying to figure out for the longest time how a next gen console on a computer monitor would work.. Does it default to 480p?

The Xbox 360 upscales the input from either 480p or 720p, depending on the game, to the higher resolution. It's still upscaling, but from my own experience the picture looks better. The vga cable itself is plugged straight into the Xbox and not used as a converter, so that's why it can display those resolutions. Also, you can specify which resolutions(1024x768, 1600x1200, ect.) through the dashboard in the Xbox 360. It's more or less like setting the resolution for a regular pc game, although there is a lack of 16:10 resolutions...

3. What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Depends. Do you mean an African swallow, or a European swallow?

Google proves that people have way too much time on their hands.

Are there any monitors that wouldn't work with this?

If I go out and buy a 360 right now and the cable, would I possibly be making a blunder? Or does it work with nearly every monitor?

And you're saying Dead Rising, for example, would output at 720p, but I could set the xbox to upscale to 1024x768? what I've heard is that it's impossible to read the text in that game in SD, but HD it looks just fine.

In fact, is there a way for me to contact you on IM?

Are there any monitors that wouldn't work with this?

If I go out and buy a 360 right now and the cable, would I possibly be making a blunder? Or does it work with nearly every monitor?

And you're saying Dead Rising, for example, would output at 720p, but I could set the xbox to upscale to 1024x768? what I've heard is that it's impossible to read the text in that game in SD, but HD it looks just fine.

Any monitor with a vga input would work in theory, but there's always the possibility that the universe hates you or something and it doesn't work. Be warned though that the xbox 360 will display only in aspect rations of 4:3 and 16:9, while most widescreen pc monitors display in 16:10 ratio, so there will be distortion. I use 1280×768 resolution to fix that up, as it's only 32 pixels from the 16:10 resolution of 1280x800. What monitor do you have, though?

Dead Rising works fine, text and all, on my CRT at 1600x1200 and on my LCD widescreen at the aforementioned resolution.

I did not buy all of this stuff in one trip.

These are various items that I had reserved/picked up, traded for...etc over the past month. I just keep forgetting to post this stuff when I get it.

dsc00174pj1.th.jpg

... Gamer overload...

Hey Groovy, I've had my eye on Overlord for the PC for a while now. All the reviews I see say it's a "pretty good" game, essentially. What's your personal suggestion?

Not that I'll be able to play anything for a while, since I'm leaving for camp to work tomorrow and I'll be gone for 3 weeks, but I'm looking for something to quench my thirst when I get back.

Archived