Home

CIS?

Evil Dark Jedi

Originally posted by Virtuosis

I was wondering the same thing but I figured it out after reading a little bit more. I wonder why they go from Seperatists to CIS, why not just stick to one name?

Separtists is just the name for confedaracy of independant systems. Pretty much the same thing as we americians are called yanks for short. :jawa :jawa

Originally posted by Virtuosis

I knew that. But why do they switch them from Seperatists in one vechicle than CIS in another?

I feel ya Virtuo, but that's just inattention to detail on Team XBox's behalf. The difference between the titles of "Seperatist" and "Confederacy of Independant Systems" comes from an ironic basis.

The irony is that each side thinks theyre right in their political stance. The Republic and the Confederacy both have valid points, but for Count Dooku to ultimately gather strong support from planetary systems that have realised that the Republic is corrupt, he needed to give this seperate party (hence the term "Seperatist" group) an official title.

A Confederacy is the name given to a league of states that have all signed a single treaty to unify them in cause. So in Star Wars terms, the Confederacy comprises of systems that have lost faith in the direction that the Republic is taking the galaxy. They believe themselves to be free of Republic influence. They have rebelled and "seperated" from the governing party.. thus the title of Confederacy of Independant Systems.

God damn, I love the Clone Wars!

Originally posted by jdtech

Known as the Confederacy in SWGBCC.

John

It seems as though the Republic wont refer to this seperatist movement as anything official when it comes to name.

They are immediately considered enemies (and seeing how devastating an effect, the Clone Wars have had on civilians and sides alike, I'm not surprised that both factions hate each other for their own reasons), thus I suppose it would grant the CIS too much respect in referring to them by their 'official' name. To the Republic, they are nothing more than seperatist insurgents that threaten peace, and must be neutralised.

That's one of the drawing points of Episode II. For me, the deep rooted ironies in the politics were just too well plotted to be ignored.

How ironic it is the "enemies" that we and the Republic see as the Confederacy, infact, have the real good intentions. Its true: the Republic is becoming lax and corrupt. It is generally falling apart because it is under the control of a Sith Lord, whether anyone truly realises this or not. This political degeneration has caused many systems to voice their disapproval of the Republic's ways.

Senator Palpatine sees this. So to destroy his powerful seperatist enemies and ensure the victory of his failing Republic, Darth Sidious employed one of his own servants; a former Jedi notorious for his dislike of the Republic's ways, to unite all of the Republic's possible enemies under one unified force, steal their most valuable offensive technology (the Death Star), use them to decimate the flailing ranks of the Jedi, and then crush them all simultaneously to remove any threat to his slowly but surely emerging totalitarian tyrannical empire.

Pure. Genius.

Archived