Home

Custom Animation File set available at PCgamemods

keshire

Ok I'm going to start posting progress of my new saber style here.

I have the seven cardinal directions done.

And I'm progressing on spins/combo's

anybody have a place to upload divx or quicktime movies? I'll keep them below a meg apiece.

and here are the references I'm using. The style is a one-handed, and similar to dooku's.

Alternate Duel

Art of the Saber

Brains and Steel

Ryan vs Dorkman

nothing's more fun than throwing these into max and doing some rotoscoping with a Biped. :)

And I really hope to inspire people to start animating, even if it isn't for JKA stuff. (the skeleton I set up will work for JO, its all dependant on what kind of model you use to compile it.)

You don't export BIP files they are saved through the character studio menu.

If your referring to XSI export you need the xsi 3.0 exporter from the jedi outcast tools. The dotxsi version of the exporter may work but it crashes me pretty much all the time.

so i'd need to have the original reference files for the model to implement my animations?

Nope, thanks to Corto and ASK. There's a program that will merge new gla's into the old one. I got the original xsi files from Raven for those that would like to use them in other projects.

well i didnt really used your files, i used the jka skeleton downloadable at phykosiths site i think, neways i animated it (without a mesh) so i exported it as new_stance.xsi and frame 0 was davinchi pose, frame 1,2 were the stance itself, i also exported a root.xsi wich contained the skeleton in davinchi pose. i compiled, it went fine, so now it was time to merge the .gla 's but gla merge said something like : not the same ammount of bones, or atleast something that looks like that :p so neways got the solution for me keshire? or any other living jka legend?

• 2 weeks later...

yep, it cant be done as shady says? i d/led it and i extracted it out in a folder but when i open that MAX it says it donesnt find the bits in the correct folder (your origial folder kesh), and then i dont know how to edit it; it isnt like doing new animations so im completly lost :confused:

i used the jka skeleton downloadable at phykosith

Not going to work.

Let me try and explain how this works.

Only the animation data is used. This isn't the same as weighting a character,

So if say, certain bones aren't there, or are there but are not in the exact position they need to be you'll get all kinds of wierd errors.

in order for the aniamtion to work every bone in the JKA skeleton has to be weighted to something on compile. That is what determines how many bones are in use. the bones,wsaber mesh xsi that I included has all the correct bones for the JKA skeleton. It can also be modified to work for JO too.

And if the max file is asking for some BIP files you can ignore that. It was motion flow stuff I was working on when I saved it.

Correct xsi 3.0. I've only heard of one other person who has had the problem of not being able to move the center of mass of the Biped and I have no idea what would cause it. You'd have to talk to Leslie Judge to see if he got it figured out.

Unfortunately 3ds max is too fickle for me to tech support over the net.

Ok i made a new animation with character studio and that skelleton, the only thing i get lost is in exporting it to make the .gla, i have go to "New animations in JK2/JA" thread and i have readen how they must be done in JA but the problem is i dont know how to do the .gla because it is suposed that a new glm should be done but assimilate says that bip01 is not weighted.

I know that im doing wrong pressing the B button at assimilate, but in that thread there isnt a clear explanation about how to do the "my_gla.gla". In that thread it says something to open carcass or take a .car which comes with the SDK and suddenly it says that "your.gla" appears aparently from nothing cuz i dont see what i have to do.

:confused: :/

I see you figured out your other problem. :)

As for assimilate. Don't use it. Its a piece of crap. Use the most current version of carcass. Carcass is a command line program. But the easiest way to use it is to set up the .car file to point to the files you need. Then drag it onto the carcass.exe.

The humnaoid.car that was included in the files should work once you set up the directories in it to point to your files.

Once you manage to successfully get an anim merged into the game. You'll realize just how easy it actually is. And once you get to that point I'll show you some tricks that will help you out. (for use with the TMU mod) :)

Make sure the first frame (frame 0) is the base pose (jka.bip, make sure that orient to z plane is OFF) though. Otherwise the anim will screw up when it's merged.

im just going to animate the sentinel, i never had the idea of doing player anims, ill try what you said.

But, the orient z thing is off when you put it 24 in the car, no?; and in the car should i have to add the PCJ bones too fr JKA?.

Also i knew that thing of the 0 frame ;P and yep animating this is easyer than animating bones xD

Archived