Home

Custom Animation File set available at PCgamemods

keshire

Use the boneswsaber.xsi for the mesh. The reason for this is because the gla is created using the bones that the mesh is weighted to.

$aseanimref_gla models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid.gla

references the main gla for the way the bones hierarchy is arranged. this is a must if you wish to make seperate gla's for cutscenes in single player

$aseanimgrab models/players/_humanoid/new_anim.xsi

This is the animation it is goign to compile

$aseanimconvertmdx_noask models/players/_humanoid/xsi/boneswsaber

This is the mesh. It sets what bones are used in the gla when compiled. A different mesh could be used to create JO animations.

-makeskel models/players/_humanoid/new_anim -origin 0 0 24

the name of the gla that is created

I beleive that is the problem your having.

Your trying to use the anim as a mesh and it thinks the biped is a mesh with no bones weighted. Even if it did compile you'd have the wrong number of bones and it wouldn't work with JKA I beleive.

But, the orient z thing is off when you put it 24 in the car, no?

Yes and no. The skeleton has to be EXACT to the root pose of the main gla. otherwise the animation will be offset and it will not merge correctly (deforming the player).

The origin offset in the .car file makes it so that the root pose is in the correct spot for anims that use both the torso and legs. otherwise the anim would work but not be in the right spot in-game.

Originally posted by keshire

$aseanimref_gla models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid.gla

references the main gla for the way the bones hierarchy is arranged. this is a must if you wish to make seperate gla's for cutscenes in single player

$aseanimgrab models/players/_humanoid/new_anim.xsi

This is the animation it is goign to compile

$aseanimconvertmdx_noask models/players/_humanoid/xsi/boneswsaber

i didnt understood this well, (ya i must look a bit retard) may i add you to msn so that i could ask you and get a quicker answer?

The problem must be that i'm not used to know what that "$aseanim" is or how it works but it must be really easy once i understand

edit: another thing i dont understand is how to take the gla out bcuz carcass is made for building a glm with the .gla so im lost :S

All those commands are for the .car file. The one I included is exactly what you should use.

The only thing that needs changing is directories where the files are stored, and the anim and gla name.

When carcass starts building the glm and gla. It builds them seperately. The glm is then set to use the built gla. It doesn't come from nowhere. Its built from the animation data.

And yes. My hotmail is keshire_the_chaotic

Archived