Home

Aliens vs Predator is out

RpTheHotrod

Keep your AvP posts in here, please. Also, make sure to use spoiler tags.

Overall, I think the movie was pretty good. The movie takes place after Predator 2 and before Alien (1).

It doesn't really have much to do with the earlier movies, but then again, they mentioned that it would be a standalone movie that has it's foundation from the old movies.

I liked it though, and the ending leaves plenty of room for AvP2 the movie.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that...well...

for the timeline of the movie series...it seemed that "too" much happened. The cool factor in movies is leading up to something. In Aliens and beyond...aliens were new and introduced. In Alien, there was only one...in Aliens, there we a lot, Alien 3, one again..Alien 4, a handful. It was all leading towards something. In Predator series, it was one predator and a few buddies. However, in this middle series...the humans suddenly are introduced to the aliens (when originally they were thought to be introduced in Alien)...and there are suddenly aliens, a queen, facehuggers, predators, and a huge predator ship with probably a thousand predators.....all during a time before anyone ever discovered the derelict ship in Alien. Just seemed....weird. Just imagine watching the series in the timeline order and you'll understand. Pred 1, Pred 2, AvP, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien:Ressurection. I also liked the "friendship" of the predator and explorer. However, what happened with the explorer at the end? Did she tell/warn anyone? Did she just pretend it never happened? What about returning back to the ship? Wei just died.....which is a major part of the storyline. What will her story be?

Overall..I'd give AvP maybe an 8 or 9 out of 10. Definetly worth a watch.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...the PG-13 rating holds true. I don't think I saw much of ANY human blood (other than chest bursts)...but mostly because the humans weren't much of a factor. It's Aliens vs Predator...not Aliens vs Predator vs explorers. There is plenty of alien/pred blood, though.

Also...one thing I HATED was the pointless suprise cursing. Only two that I remember...but...just...ahh I'm scared run run ahhh im scared and suddenly "You are one ugly motherf*cker." and ahhhh I'm scared1 run run! again.

Just.....pointless.

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

Well...the PG-13 rating holds true. I don't think I saw much of ANY human blood (other than chest bursts)...but mostly because the humans weren't much of a factor. It's Aliens vs Predator...not Aliens vs Predator vs explorers. There is plenty of alien/pred blood, though.

No reason to watch now. :indif:

JK

You think it's worth slugging it's way to the top of the box office?

Well...the PG-13 rating holds true. I don't think I saw much of ANY human blood (other than chest bursts)

That is kind of cool and digusting in the same way.

EDIT:

I live in Australia so it will probably be coming out in November anyway.GO THE PREDS!!!

Saw it last night. One word could describe this movie: cheesey. It was ok. Some parts were kind of cool. Others had huge mountains of cheese in them. Like this one:

The very end when the one Pred turns around to walk away. It was like watching a shampoo comercial the way his dreds did the hair flip.

All in all, would I see this movie in the theater again? No. Will I rent it when it first comes to video? No. Will I rent it when it is a $1 rental? Maybe. This movie had great potential but really let me down.

RP, the AVP ending was pretty much same as they did it in the Predator movies. I also seen it last night. It was awesome! The Queen looked awesome just as in Aliens. The only bad thing I hated about it was not seeing all the blood and gore. Also how fast they killed the characters off. Also I dont think Lexx has anything on Ripley in the ending, which was pretty cool.

Saw it tonight, and all I can say is....meh.

It had some really good, cool moments, most of the fights between predators and Aliens were really cool

Though there really wasn't enough of it, I mean, the first two predators died in the first encounter with an Alien, and that was almost all there was to it, one or two more cool fights.

I also was hoping they'd do something more with the alien that had the netting pattern into it's face, they certainly did enough close ups on it to make it seem important, though it really wasn't.

And I HATED everything that happened AFTER the bomb went off and they got out of the hole. My main beef is the fact that no matter how often that lady set down the alien head/shield she always had it with her again, even though she didn't pick it back up, and then she suddenly had the tail/spear in her hands once the queen alien showed up :rolleyes:

Overall, I enjoyed it enough to warrant seeing it, but I get into the movies for free, and I don't know if I would have been pleased if I'd had to pay for it.

won't be out over here until october i think...

but the fact they released it in the US without any press screenings implies that they know they have a turkey on their hands and don't want the bad reviews to ruin their opening weekend (which it hasn't, at least among teenage boys...:D )

Anderson has always been good at set design (Res Evil, Event Horizon) but never been any good at directing, plots or characters.

Still, the reviews are starting to come out and if they keep on the way they are going it is going to rate even worse than catwoman. Shame, cos after hearing that they were going to tone down the cgi (apparently a bit of a lie) i was starting to look forward to it after all...:(

Yes, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out the phrase that Van Helsing made famous. This movie sucked nuts.

Who truly expected a movie to come out of Paul Anderson's cursed hands to be decent? Who? Not me. This movie is not a hit or miss. It's just a s****y miss.

The only reason I saw this movie is because I am a fan of the first Predator and Alien & Aliens, and a semi-fan of the rest of the movies.

This movie makes Alien Resurrection look good people. The actual fight sequences between the 2 "uber monsters" were too few and short, and the movie was just corny. I mean, I'm a fan of "it's so bad it's good" movies. This isn't good in any way. You won't laugh at the stupidity of it. You'll just have a look of disgust on your face.

The "plot" of this movie, if that’s what you want to call it, is beyond me. Basically, there's a pyramid in Antarctica and the Aliens meet up with the Predators, while the human's are stuck in the middle for no apparent reason. So ensues a "not-so-gore-fest", thanks to it's PG-13 rating. All in all, the ending is an insult to all previous films in the series. Nevermind. The whole film is an insult.

If you are a real fan of the series watch it at your won risk, but I warned you!

If you aren't a fan, and just want to watch a crazy bloody gore-fest where the characters spurt out blood and cheesy obscenities (they don't even curse), DON'T SEE THIS FILM.

Originally posted by ckcsaber

The "plot" of this movie, if that’s what you want to call it, is beyond me. Basically, there's a pyramid in Antarctica and the Aliens meet up with the Predators, while the human's are stuck in the middle for no apparent reason. So ensues a "not-so-gore-fest", thanks to it's PG-13 rating. All in all, the ending is an insult to all previous films in the series. Nevermind. The whole film is an insult.

Actually...the humans are there for a reason. No humans = no hosts for face huggers = no prey to hunt. The humans were drawn there by the energy source.

Actually...the humans are there for a reason. No humans = no hosts for face huggers = no prey to hunt. The humans were drawn there by the energy source.

So the humans are thrown in just so they can feed the aliens! Brilliant! This adds to the plot quite a bit!

Oh yeah. Regarding the face huggers. I believe it's supposed to take them a couple of days for them to grow inside the human. In this movie, it took a couple of hours. I mean, is Anderson trying to destroy the series?

Originally posted by ckcsaber

So the humans are thrown in just so they can feed the aliens! Brilliant! This adds to the plot quite a bit!

Oh yeah. Regarding the face huggers. I believe it's supposed to take them a couple of days for them to grow inside the human. In this movie, it took a couple of hours. I mean, is Anderson trying to destroy the series?

Didn't it take just a few hours in the original Alien as well? Oh, no, forgot, the face hugger was on for about a day, THEN a few hours until the chesburster.

Archived