Home

Found: another Grim Fandango debug function

Benny

Press Alt+L to bring up the Light Manager

You can add/remove/modify lights here and even save them out into a .set, which you could then put back into the game if you wanted to with a handy tool. The currently selected light is automatically highlighted as you can see in the screenshot.

It needs debug mode enabled to work obviously. Add the good_times registry key yourself or if you run my Grim Fandango Launcher the reg key will be created. You need to be in windowed mode too.

Have fun.

Way to go Benny! So, am I right in thinking people can make entirely new light and colour schemes for the game, then upload the sets for people to use? Like, say doing the Blue Casket in a red-ish colour, or something? Or do I not know what I'm talking about?!

Youd have to write a 3do 'model compiler/creator' tool first. Even then I dont know if higher polygon models would work with the engine. I tried using higher res costumes in Grim once, the results were...not encouraging.

If residual ever gets finished though, it could be a thing for that. There's all kinds of potential coolness with Residual.

Archived