Home

Allow Downloads problem!!

Renatou

Trying to understand why Allow Downloads not work.

I open a server and enabled Allow Download (sv_allowdownload 1)

the clients enabled allow download in their game option (at the case to receive the files)

So why tha hell it does't works?? Why they don't receive ??

If I put pure server (sv_pure 1) no one can enter, and if I enable pure when all is in, they all are disconnected (seems 'cause they have not the same files and data, then all are kicked)

any comment?

The server will not download all .pk3 files. For instance, it won't download skins, so if you have a pure server, they can't connect if they are using a skin file that isn't standard or on the server.

That's why my non-instagib servers are unpure. Pure servers give few benefits, so just run unpure to eliminate these problems.

P.S.- the next version of xmod will redirect server downloads to FTP or HTTP for rapid downloading of maps.

Yeah I known, I'm using unpure but, have the same result, download zero..

About this new xmod option, sounds pretty good, it shall resolve my problem, but the xmod is projected to run in a dedicated server, and I not use dedicated, just a personal server, where I am the server and the player, and use some .cfg's files, when I change to another config, xmod go off

Archived