Home

insert witty revolution-esque title here.

VanLingo

Are the mods doing their job?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are the mods doing their job?

• No! They lock and delete all the wrong threads!
    • Yes! They work very hard to please everyone.
    • No comment.
    • Mods? We have mods?

he wasn't temp banned because we disagree with him, we've stated why he was temp banned, please be quiet about it now.

Jed and Lynk are supermods, they survey every forum. They are also the ones called in when a banning is called for. Puredemon was a troll and a banning was called for, his threads closed and he was IP banned. Yaebginn harrassed TK in one of those threads even for doing his job, another reason he was temp banned.

"There is spam everywhere you look (ex: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthre...threadid=133896) that goes unnoticed. The only threads that get moderated are the ones that are bold enough to say that our mods suck."

it's not that the threads are shut down because you say mods suck, it's because you have poor arguments to support your claim and when we prove how we were doing are job you come back to making ad hominem remarks and pointing fingers at others.

As you can see that thread was closed down, you have to realize this is an international forum therefore the factor of time zones comes in, kthxbai.

and I see no sign of a powertrip.

All I see is your trollish remarks trying to form some form of a revolt against LF. If you find things so unfair why don't you leave? this is the advice you give to those that speak against america, why don't you do the same since you find it so horrible at these forums.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whos this we? you arnet a mod, insanesith. and TK and Lynk just showed how mature the yare. Rogue Nine closed the thread to end the arguing ,then TK and Lynk just post while its closed so no one can reply besides mods, who are supposed to be mature, and I cant even ask Lynk to stop, because he is now ignoring my pms.

Pick me up a copy of asian fetish weekly when you come back.-Insane Sith

Thats a quote from what he said when Xirion was going. how is that any worse than me asking that married girl to gather intel from japan for me? both are inappropiate. but I get banned.

Originally posted by yaebginn

whos this we? you arnet a mod, insanesith.

well before you said I was one of their romping buddies I figured somehow I was factored into this equation of suckage, my bad.

Lynk was late, he had to get his word in. Seeing as you took pretty much everything he said totally out of context. trust me I understand your frustration, but you have to understand if we take your opinions and wants into account and try to weigh them with others, we have to go against alot of your wants and opinions. We're like a government we take into account what's good for everyone, not just the ones that complain.

Plus this isn't a democracy, it's a harsh tyrannical dictatorship. :)

also, when I say we, I mean LucasForums in general.

what you were asking was anti-japanese and rude(not to mention racist). Suggesting someone to take intel on japanese.

and what I said was what we call a joke. A play on words, used to make people think "what could he possibly mean?"

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fetish

fetish

n 1: a charm superstitiously believed to embody magical powers [syn: juju, voodoo, hoodoo, fetich] 2: excessive or irrational devotion to some activity; "made a fetish of cleanliness" [syn: fetich]

Originally posted by VanLingo

P O W E R T R I P [...] TK, it's no wonder you were made a mod -- you're nose is the same color as Jed's skid marks! [...] is the Mod Squad just a GURLZ ONLEE club that vacations for two weeks at a time? [...] The only threads that get moderated are the ones that are bold enough to say that our mods suck.

Vanlingo, you have violated one or more rules of SWBattlefront.net. Consider this a warning to cease.

Originally posted by VanLingo

This forum is an absolute wreck.

If so, then it is one being perpetuated by posts and attitudes such as this one. Cease you hostile attitude in public with mods or be banned. Should you have legitimate grievances, utilize the PM function to alert Supermods or Administrators. Should you feel that resolution is not forthcoming, perhaps it would be best for you to discontinue your visits to LucasForums.

-SkinWalker

you should leave, insanesith, you arent a mod, and you have no say in this argument. and you cant speak for lucasforums in general. and I didnt take what he siad out of context. despite what he said in his last post, it differs from what he really said. I was pretty much the only one on my side, and he said,' if you say yes' not if anyone says yes.

EDIT- the mods said they would ignore my PMs, I CANT use the function. and what rule did he break? please say. I asked the mods to meet me on AIM or on email, but they declined. They obviously dont wnat to take it private.

Originally posted by yaebginn

you should leave, insanesith, you arent a mod, and you have no say in this argument. and you cant speak for lucasforums in general. and I didnt take what he siad out of context. despite what he said in his last post, it differs from what he really said. I was pretty much the only one on my side, and he said,' if you say yes' not if anyone says yes.

oh I believe I have plenty of say in this, you and vanlingo brought me into this in previous threads claiming me to be a romping buddy. And he wasn't talking about anyone in the forum but rather in real life he would say that to himself, thus not being a flame as it was not directed to you, kthxbai.

Vanlingo, you have violated one or more rules of SWBattlefront.net. Consider this a warning to cease.

Umm... which rule (or rules) would that be? Thou shalt not disrespect those in pseudo-authority?

And why would I PM the mods? PMs are just an Ignore Box. When I post, everyone sees what you have to say back. God forbid you have to be diplomatic about something. :rolleyes:

(Oh, no, I said "God"! I'm going to get banned by the Romans!)

FYI, the Report This Post links don't work. Click it -- you get a nifty little "Sorry. The email function has been disabled by the administrator."

I recommend an Administrator if you feel you haven't been able to air your grievances.

Regardless of your interpretations of the rules, they are violated and my warning stands.

Criticism of established authority is not against the rules, however, your clear insults are. Be critical without the ad hominem remarks or STOP posting in this thread. That goes to all sides of the issue and all posters.

I haven't received any complaints about them, nor have I noticed any violations that have gone uncorrected when I asked them to do so.

My PM and email works fine. As does that of all the Admins.

This is a flamewar and a trolling expedition (this thread on this page), and is therefore clearly against forum rules. The warning was issued by me. It is to all that have posted on this page. Further continuation of the flaming/trolling is a violation of that warning.

You don't have to like it. You can send your grievance to the Administrator of your choice (i.e. Kurgan). I recommend being more civil when writing to them, however.

No yaebginn, but for someone who has been here long enough, he DOES know the rules, and for that very reason he SHOULD be reconised as a role model as a respectable and a productive member in the LF community

indeed you could very well say that I have no business here either

you're wrong, its every member who follow the rules that are set, the right to get envolved and show any member who is NOT following those very same set rules in effort to prevent any future rule violations, and convert any unrespectful member into another role model member.

Originally posted by SkinWalker

I haven't received any complaints about them, nor have I noticed any violations that have gone uncorrected when I asked them to do so.

Consider this a complaint.

My PM and email works fine. As does that of all the Admins.

So it's a choice not to respond...

This is a flamewar and a trolling expedition (this thread on this page), and is therefore clearly against forum rules. The warning was issued by me. It is to all that have posted on this page. Further continuation of the flaming/trolling is a violation of that warning.

I still don't know what trolling is.

You don't have to like it. You can send your grievance to the Administrator of your choice (i.e. Kurgan). I recommend being more civil when writing to them, however.

Nah. I don't see why someone with the title Super Moderator under their name can't do something about it.

It's the same here as it is on the phone with the mortgage company -- it's all about passing the buck.

Yet the feedback is met with defensiveness. That thread should not have been deleted.

I will make a discussion here for the non-mods to discuss what they think about the quality of board moderation. Mods have no obligation to defend themselves -- this will be a factual outlook at how these forums are maintained.

Discussion topics:

Can you believe anything the mods post?

Is temp-banning a defense mechanism?

Is the moderation team base on favoritism?

Is "mod discretion" clearly outlined in the rules?

I agree that debates should be had in the Senate Chambers, it's a very good place to have them.

No, flaming people isn't a good idea, and flaming moderators is an especially bad idea (we have feelings too!).

No, moderators should not abuse their power, and especially not appear to be abusing their power to win debates. Far be it from any of us to do such a thing.

No, the censor is not perfect, and never will be, it's merely designed to cut down on some of the typical swearing that goes on. Ideally people shouldn't type swears at all when making conversation on the forums (what's the need for it, really? it adds nothing to arguments, only to flames, and blanked out we can "know what you intended" easily enough). When something slips out the basic censor should catch it.

Yes, moderators should try to set a good example (not always possible, but that's an ideal to shoot for). Just remember we're human too.

Yes, sending PM's and/or emails with complaints first before publically complaining is a good idea.

And yes, trolling is a bad idea. What is trolling? It's deliberately angering someone by say, posting flame-bait or acting stupid with the hope that they will respond with a flame. The goal of trolling is to upset people and encourage them to do stupid things. It just drags down everyone with the person doing the trolling, and is a waste of everyone's time.

Should moderators stay out of debates to avoid possible abuses? That depends on the moderator I guess. I like a good debate now and then myself, and I hate to think people assume I will use my "position" to win, rather than my debating skillz (or lack thereof). ; )

With great power, comes great responsibility, as a comic book character once said.

Suffice to say, moderators are not tiny gods, rather they are part of a collective of forum "leaders." So if a moderator is abusing his power, he's either doing it without the knowledge of his peers or against their wishes (and will be dealt with). I don't like to say this, but should such a thing occur, it's best to talk to another moderator or admin to see if this is really how they're supposed to act (assuming talking to the mod in question privately doesn't work out).

If one of us makes a mistake, call us on it, but try to do it in a tactful manner, so as not to start a fight. If you piss one of us off, it's harder to think rationally, since a person naturally gets defensive. And let's let bygones by bygones... Who really cares about an argument you had with somebody on the internet? Does it really change your life that much?

On the other hand, everyone should realize that people DO have feelings, and going out of your way to hurt somebody's feelings just makes you a jerk. Is that really such a noble goal in life? How would you feel if you were on the other end?

That said, people can't expect to just flame mods and get away with it, while looking cool in front of their friends. We've got feelings too, man!

And yes, I know I don't hang around here much (not until the game comes out anyway!), but I just had to comment.

Go in peace, y'all...

Archived