Home

Full Throttle Casting

daltysmilth

If they decided (for some reason) to make a Full Throttle movie, who should play who? I, for one, think Bruce Campbell would make an excellent Ben. I'm not saying they wouldn't try to cast someone more "mainstream" or "marketable" or famous, I'm just saying Bruce would, in my opinion, be the absolute best choice for the role.

Since Bruce Campbell could basically play ANYONE, I would go with him... by the way, he looked REALLY fat in "Spider-Man 2"... or were those just prosthetics?

Anyway, Ripburger should be played by Christopher Walken... and Malcolm Corley by... mmh... Leslie Nielsen? No, too funny... maybe Paul Newman?

It's probably because the role of "Snooty Usher" wasn't that physically demanding. In the commentary for Army of Darkness, Bruce talks about how you can tell in the Evil Dead movies which footage was shot at the beginning of the shoot because he always looks pudgier than in the rest of the footage, because Ash was such a physically demanding role. I like Christopher Walken as Ripburger. He'd be perfect. I don't know if Paul Newman would be funny enough for Corley. But then again, he's Paul Newman, so I don't know.

Two guys can play Corley

1 - George Carlin is doing a wonderful jobs in Kevin Smith's movies and his acting really matches the character behaviour

George_Carlin.jpg

2- James Cromwell might also be a good choice since the character has a little time on screen. Physically, he IS Corley.

CROMWELLCARD_04.jpg

Ripburger could be played by the unknown Tom Whitenight ( seen at the begining of MIIB as Agent C)

Anyone remember THE SEARCHER? It was basically where the character of Ben came from (or was "inspired by"). The same voice, the lantern jawed lead, leather-clad biker. The Searcher was a spoof, though, but there's some great similarities besides that. It was part of the TV series "Danger Theatre".

The actor who played the searcher would be able to pull it off since it was the exact same voice! :)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0046033/

DANGER THEATRE: http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-3519/Danger_Theatre/

Originally posted by Joshi

Basically because LucasArts cancelled it and will there is a 0.0001% chance of them taking it up again. we've all gotten used to the idea that there won't be a second full Throttl game and so we kinda dropped the whole topic shortly after it was cancelled.

I think we've gotten used to the idea that there won't be any new adventure games from LucasArts at all. And I don't like it.

(Why haven't someone added a LA hate smiley to the smiley list?)

Why didn't my reply come on the bottom of the posts?

Edit: This is weird! I quote a post that's beneath the post I am posting. What's happening? Why don't my posts go to the bottom? Maybe it's a secret forum gift. Well, oh, forum gods, what shall I do with this gift that I've been given? TIRED. g'night.

Sure, but Wildnmild is asking when it'll be "re-released (or even released at all)". I for one don't have the nerve to ask that question, but here's hoping that the answer is "not in my lifetime".

Okay... That's *my* lifetime. Not... Whoever we're asking. If we were asking. Which we're not.

I hate Hell on Wheels!

*runs off*

Originally posted by WildNmild

How come no one has asked when FT2 will be re-released (or even released at all)?? I'd much rather know the answer to that then this topic.....

Basically because LucasArts cancelled it and will there is a 0.0001% chance of them taking it up again. we've all gotten used to the idea that there won't be a second full Throttl game and so we kinda dropped the whole topic shortly after it was cancelled.

How about Jewel Staite, who played Kay Lee in "Firefly" as Mo? Okay, that would be typecasting her as a mechanic, but she'd work.

Kurt Russell IS Father Torque. The game holds so many similarities to Escape from New York anyway

I really have no clue about Ben but I don't see Bruce Campbell. Bill Pullman in his younger days maybe but not anymore.

Willem Dafoe as either Corley or Ripburger, or perhaps even that truckdriver dude.

Jon Voigt has to make a cameo but I don't know where.

Absolutely Laura Linney as Miranda the photographer. Who here has seen Tank Girl? No one else would fit the build.

What about the Bartender?

Archived