Home

KotOR NPCs as party members in TSL

Achilles

Every night the LF site seems to go down for about 20 minutes (nightly server reboot, I'd wager).

Anyway, while I'm waiting for the server to come back, I usually hop over to the Obsidian boards to catch the latest on TSL.

Tonight I found this nugget: we all know that T3-M4 was going to be a NPC in TSL and that others would be making cameos, but apparently, they may be doing more than that.

kumquatq3: I forget if this is answered but: Besides for T3 (and maybe HK), will it be possible to have any party npcs from Kotor join you in K2?

Akari: Yes.

Akari: I've been asked to clarify that a more specific response would be 'Yes, there are is a very limited number of party NPCs from KotOR1 that may join you.' Just in case someone was mislead into thinking absolutely anyone from KotOR1 may join you, because that's certainly not the case.

[/Quote]

So, it looks like there may be other KotOR NPCs that can join your party in TSL.

Just thought I'd share :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^^

That is quite interesting indeed! :D And unexpected, I wonder which NPC(s) they are going to surprise us with...

Maybe it's Canderous, after the confrentation with Jagi, he does say something like when Revan is done with what he has to do he'll go off on his own and think about him being happy with his life or something like that.

Originally posted by RedHawke

^^^^

That is quite interesting indeed! :D And unexpected, I wonder which NPC(s) they are going to surprise us with...

Maybe it's Canderous, after the confrentation with Jagi, he does say something like when Revan is done with what he has to do he'll go off on his own and think about him being happy with his life or something like that.

I was thinking HK-47 just cuz everyone seemed to love him and he was one of the few characters still alive at the end of KotOR no matter which way you play.

Side note: do you ever remember seeing HK at the temple during the LS ending? Hmmm....

Originally posted by Morgan_Hearst

In the trailer, when it talks about if the jedi joins the Sith, there is a Mandalorian standing behind the Jedi as part of the party in full mandalorian Battle Armour, complete wth helmet. I assume that is Canderous.

That would be cool indeed. He is another one who lives to the end no matter which alignment you play.

It would be cool if he started out neutral (due to his experiences with Jagi and Revan in KotOR), but then as you go DS he starts to get "The Itch" again. Or if you go LS, he balks that he isn't ready for shuffleboard and charity work and takes off to some Mandalorian assisted-living facility.

Originally posted by Achillies

I was thinking HK-47 just cuz everyone seemed to love him and he was one of the few characters still alive at the end of KotOR no matter which way you play.

Side note: do you ever remember seeing HK at the temple during the LS ending? Hmmm....

It's possible it could be HK-47... he did win those best RPG supporting character awards... :D

And I don't remember if he was in the LS ending... :eyes8:

It would be cool if he started out neutral (due to his experiences with Jagi and Revan in KotOR), but then as you go DS he starts to get "The Itch" again. Or if you go LS, he balks that he isn't ready for shuffleboard and charity work and takes off to some Mandalorian assisted-living facility.

*Spits water on monitor again!*

RLMFAO!!! :rofl:

Mandalorian Assisted-Living Facility... thats good! :D

It's possible it could be HK-47... he did win those best RPG supporting character awards... :D

Actually, having both of the droids come back would be consistent to what GL did with the SW series.

It would be funny to see HK-47 actually start talking smack if you play too LS.

Any speculation on who the gold armoured man is in the trailer?

All kinds on the Obsidian boards. Some people think it's an armor (like the sith uniforms). Others think it's NPC specific (like the Iridorians).

I personally hope that it's a NPC-specific thing. I personally hope that they include more alien-raced NPCs in TSL. They only gave us 3 in KotOR :(

Any speculation on who the gold armoured man is in the trailer?

It could be Canderous, as guessed above, a type of game armor, or an entirely new NPC. It is hard to tell with a teaser trailer.

Either way we will surely see more of him/it in the full game trailer when they release it.

Well at least my monitors nice and clean now! :D

Glad I could help you out with that.

So, we know that we're headed to Telos. What do you think the odds are that Carth will be one of the potential party members?

Who would you definitely not want to see on your GUI again?

Just had a dig around the Obsidian boards. It seems that the gold/silver armour guy is a party npc

Link to screenshot for clarification:

Gold Guy

Here is the evidence:

Have a look at the guy on the right with Kreia. I've seen him in a few screen shots which leads me to believe that he maybe a possible party member (or its a new type of amour that you get to use), does any know anything about him?

Was asked with the above link as a pic. Much later in the thread Akari answers:

The individual in the silver armor in question is a party member

Link to the whole thread:

Obsidian Thread

So, we know that we're headed to Telos. What do you think the odds are that Carth will be one of the potential party members?

Carth would be possible especially if you ended KOTOR on LS, and that could coincide with what they were saying in that the ending of KOTOR will impact your games progression...

But I'm not sure they would put Carth in the game as an NPC partymember...

But this just struck me;

I'm thinking Dustil would be a good NPC choice... he ties in with KOTOR 1, is force sensitive, possibly just as whiny, and it would give your PC a great opportunity to have a master and apprentice relationship, as you teach him the ways of the force...

All of this is contingent on if you went LS and saved him in the academy of course. :D

Who would you definitely not want to see on your GUI again?

Zaalbar! :D

Just had a dig around the Obsidian boards. It seems that the gold/silver armour guy is a party npc

I'm definately thinking its a suit of armor on one of the games NPC's they don't want us to see yet!

Just my 2 cents! :D

Link to screenshot for clarification:

Gold Guy

Here is the evidence:

Was asked with the above link as a pic. Much later in the thread Akari answers:

Link to the whole thread:

Obsidian Thread

Now that you've quoted it, I remember reading that. Thanks for the reminder and the link :D

I'm thinking Dustil would be a good NPC choice... he ties in with KOTOR 1, is force sensitive, possibly just as whiny, and it would give your PC a great opportunity to have a master and apprentice relationship, as you teach him the ways of the force...

All of this is contingent on if you went LS and saved him in the academy of course. :D

Dustil might be a good choice. Anything to help keep continuity between the two games is sure to be a plus.

I have to ask, "why not" regarding Zaalbar. Not that I necessarily disagree, but would like to know the thought behind that particular decision.

I have to ask, "why not" regarding Zaalbar. Not that I necessarily disagree, but would like to know the thought behind that particular decision.

Well poor old Big Z is pretty much useless after Taris, they gave him a high Strength and the Scout class which is really LAME for a Wookiee, and though he does well with vibroblades, he isn't a very good ranged fighter either, Canderous and Juhani are so much better as a Melee fighters, so he just basically takes up space in my party instead of being able to be useful.

Zaalbar is, by his design, class and stat wise, just ill equipped for the game.

Of course that is just my opinion! :D

Now a new Wookiee NPC with a warrior class and high strength would kick some serious butt, and make better sense! :D

Well poor old Big Z is pretty much useless after Taris, they gave him a high Strength and the Scout class which is really LAME for a Wookiee, and though he does well with vibroblades, he isn't a very good ranged fighter either, Canderous and Juhani are so much better as a Melee fighters, so he just basically takes up space in my party instead of being able to be useful.

Zaalbar is, by his design, class and stat wise, just ill equipped for the game.

Of course that is just my opinion! :D

Now a new Wookiee NPC with a warrior class and high strength would kick some serious butt, and make better sense! :D

I was always incredibly frustrated by the fact that you couldn't do much to increase his defense rating. Even giving him Brejik's stuff didn't do a whole lot for him.

He could be the tar out of some stuff with a fully upgraded Yusan's Brand or a pair of Baragwin Assault Blades though :D

The same with T3. Never really used him either.

I like to deck him out in the Baragwin stuff and take him with me on the Star Forge for a change of pace. It's a real pain to have to repair him separately thought. Definitely makes the Star Forge a little more of a challenge.

I like to deck him out in the Baragwin stuff and take him with me on the Star Forge for a change of pace. It's a real pain to have to repair him separately thought. Definitely makes the Star Forge a little more of a challenge.

T3 on the Star Forge... Hmm... :eyeraise:

Archived