Home

KotOR NPCs as party members in TSL

Achilles

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Achillies

Took Mission and Carth once too....Did a run with T3 and Zaalbar, HK and T3, and even one flying solo (kinda...I had to take Bastila with me on that one....DS and all).

I'm in a rut... I always seem to go with Carth and Jolee (LS), and Bastila and HK (DS).

Though the next time I go LS I'm letting my Jedi Mission out on the forge with Jolee! :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

I'm in a rut... I always seem to go with Carth and Jolee (LS), and Bastila and HK (DS).

Though the next time I go LS I'm letting my Jedi Mission out on the forge with Jolee! :D

LS is generally Jolee and Juhani (I take her out a lot more since I turned her into a human redhead :D). DS is usually Canderous (with melee weapons) and Bastila.

EDIT: btw, you can put Juhani in Star Forge robes if you take her with you too :D

Originally posted by Achillies

LS is generally Jolee and Juhani (I take her out a lot more since I turned her into a human redhead :D). DS is usually Canderous (with melee weapons) and Bastila.

EDIT: btw, you can put Juhani in Star Forge robes if you take her with you too :D

I replaced Juhani with my redheaded recruitable NPC appearance long ago, before I turned the skin into a full NPC recruit.

Funny how we both replaced Juhani with human redheads! :D

i have an odd feeling that Revan could be returning. i dont know how... but my reasoning why is the fact you faught along side him in the mandalorian wars

but then again thats coming from my mouth. so its just speculation(sp?) at the present

I replaced Juhani with my redheaded recruitable NPC appearance long ago, before I turned the skin into a full NPC recruit.

I changed her head to the redhead PC selectable skin and her body to Bastila's :D

She looks...and sounds...Italian now.

Originally posted by Crowy

i have an odd feeling that Revan could be returning. i dont know how... but my reasoning why is the fact you faught along side him in the mandalorian wars

but then again thats coming from my mouth. so its just speculation(sp?) at the present

Well, Obsidian has stated that there will be a Revan tie-in/appearance, but they aren't providing much in the way of details on that one :)

I guess that's going to be one of those dialog-choices-determines-what-happens-later type of thing.

Originally posted by Achilles

Glad I could help you out with that.

So, we know that we're headed to Telos. What do you think the odds are that Carth will be one of the potential party members?

Who would you definitely not want to see on your GUI again?

Howabout Carth's son? After you give proof to Dustil that the Sith were bad he left Korriban and went to Telos.

Edit: Oops, nvm somebody already said something about Dustil.

Well, Obsidian has stated that there will be a Revan tie-in/appearance, but they aren't providing much in the way of details on that one :)

I guess that's going to be one of those dialog-choices-determines-what-happens-later type of thing.

That is how it would have to be, since Revan might be Jedi or Sith pending on your KOTOR's ending.

That is how it would have to be, since Revan might be Jedi or Sith pending on your KOTOR's ending.

The more I think about this particular aspect of the game ("tell me about what happened last time") the more it seems to me that writing the story for this game must have been a freakin' nightmare.

Trying to intersect about 20 "choose your own adventure" books all at the same time...sheesh!

The more I think about this particular aspect of the game ("tell me about what happened last time") the more it seems to me that writing the story for this game must have been a freakin' nightmare.

Trying to intersect about 20 "choose your own adventure" books all at the same time...sheesh!

Just imagine how large the general outline for it must be, let alone the dialogue outlines... :eyeraise:

That had to have consumed a full third of the games development time just in itself, and you can surely bet it was the first thing they had to conquer or the whole game effort would have been for nothing.

It does make you think... you wonder how many sleepless nights were spent by how many faceless people on the very dialogue we are all going to be happily and blissfully clicking on, or skipping?

Almost makes me feel sorry for them... Or not! :D

Just imagine how large the general outline for it must be, let alone the dialogue outlines... :eyeraise:

That had to have consumed a full third of the games development time just in itself, and you can surely bet it was the first thing they had to conquer or the whole game effort would have been for nothing.

It does make you think... you wonder how many sleepless nights were spent by how many faceless people on the very dialogue we are all going to be happily and blissfully clicking on, or skipping?

Almost makes me feel sorry for them... Or not! :D

I guarantee you that I will read every character of every line at least the first two times through...after that, your pity should be for the voice actors :D

I guarantee you that I will read every character of every line at least the first two times through...after that, your pity should be for the voice actors :D

Same here! :D

And yes we should definately pity the poor voice actors... "How many different ways you want me to say this line?" :eyes8:

But after messing with dialogues I will still be in awe for what the games dialogue scripters have done even as I rapidly click over the various TSL NPC lines that I will, by then, know by heart! :)

But after messing with dialogues I will still be in awe for what the games dialogue scripters have done even as I rapidly click over the various TSL NPC lines that I will, by then, know by heart! :)

Agreed. I'll never forget the guilt settling over me the first time I created my own dialogue. It was 8 lines long and linear and it took me the better part of an hour....

Agreed. I'll never forget the guilt settling over me the first time I created my own dialogue. It was 8 lines long and linear and it took me the better part of an hour....

Definately! :D With my recruit mod I had 3 dialogues, and they took me the longest time to do of everything else in the whole mod, the recruitment one was like 4-5 hours, the party conversation one was like 2-3 hours, and the exit one was like 1-2 hours.

I did it all with a GFF Editor too! :D

Wow, you must really enjoy pain. Too good for dlgedit? :D

I have never used TK's dlgedit... so instead of having to learn something new while I try something else new, I just went with what I was used to! :D

Though I am going to give it a try soon for what i'm working on now... and if I get stuck using it I'll have my trusty GFF Editor for backup! :D

I have never used TK's dlgedit... so instead of having to learn something new while I try something else new, I just went with what I was used to! :D

Though I am going to give it a try soon for what i'm working on now... and if I get stuck using it I'll have my trusty GFF Editor for backup! :D

No sense of adventure:rolleyes:

Be sure to have Doom Dealer's Module tutorial with you when you use it. Makes it much easier.

I would have loved to have replaced her. I warped from Taris to get your redhead early, so had to replace Zalbar. :(

Originally posted by nacho35

I would have loved to have replaced her. I warped from Taris to get your redhead early, so had to replace Zalbar. :(

[Modmaker Disclaimer]

Just so you know nacho35 warping using any recruit mod can cause unforseen bugs with the mod, and your game, some require the games global variables to be correctly set, so no guarentees on my end if it doesn't work right, especially toward the end of the game.

[/Modmaker Disclaimer]

:D

[Modmaker Disclaimer]

Just so you know nacho35 warping using any recruit mod can cause unforseen bugs with the mod, and your game, some require the games global variables to be correctly set, so no guarentees on my end if it doesn't work right, especially toward the end of the game.

[/Modmaker Disclaimer]

:D

Did your recruit mod cause the end cutscene not to load? That happened to my game and I'm wondering if it was my recruit mod

Did your recruit mod cause the end cutscene not to load? That happened to my game and I'm wondering if it was my recruit mod

Mine worked the times I ran it, though I didn't warp through those games, hence the disclaimer to nacho35.

Is your recruited NPC present at the end of the game?

Was it the LS cutscene not loading?

Mine worked the times I ran it, though I didn't warp through those games, hence the disclaimer to nacho35.

Is your recruited NPC present at the end of the game?

Was it the LS cutscene not loading?

You mean on the temple entrance? No.

It ran the whole vandar, honor guard thing, the spit me out on the temple entrance with Vandar and all my original NPC's with a item label "Cutscene" directly in front of me.

Archived