Home

Last book read...

NiKo

Anyone read any good books lately?

I myself just finnished reading 'The Stand'' Unedited and uncut version By Stephen King.

And last night I started reading 'Pet Semetary' by king...Looks like I'll be finishing it today or tomorrow, and then I think I'll read a Discworld Novel. perhaps '5th Elephant'.

Originally posted by NiKo

and then I think I'll read a Discworld Novel. perhaps '5th Elephant'.

Quality, read it twice (as in, I've read it twice, I'm not telling you to read it twice, the English written word can be confusing at times) and has no similarities with the film of a similar name, and that can only be a good thing.

And on that note, I just finished reading Reaper Man the other day and am just finishing reading Mort (probably finish it tonight, I'm just at the point with the fight at the end).

At some point, I may buy a new book by a new author, but until then, I think I'll re-read the five part trilogy of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

I'm pretty much done with Discworld now, I've read them all to death already. The last book I completed was Stephen King's "The Dead Zone", and I'm presently reading Jerome K. Jerome's "Three Men in a Boat". It am most excellent, I heartily recommend it :).

I zoned out in The Stand and kind of took a break from it. But soon I will start The Waste Lands (third dark tower) but not for awhile. I've just read another Robert Cormier novel (which I can't get enough of) and Amazon is supposed to send me Fray, a graphic novel by Joss Whedon, it looks like I won't be getting it. So I'm gonna read Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon.

Originally posted by Alien426

I've read a comic book. Johnny The Homicidal Maniac is so great, it inspired me to get a new avatar.

Alien is the man.

I enjoyed The Stand very much so, best Stephen King book ever. The last books I read were 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time' by Mark Haddon (which was excellence indeed), and 'The Hannibal Lector Trilogy' by Thomas Harris, which was also quite good. Both books were stolen from the 'take a book, leave a book' table on holiday, and my guilt forced me into paying extortionate amounts of money for English newspapers to replace them. :~

I am currently rereading The Catcher in the Rye, and on Wednesday I shall risk damaging my street-cred by venturing into charity shops in search of more bookses.

I just read a book about the quest to find all the hidden dark-matter in the universe called "Alpha & Omega"

Now I'm re-reading all my H.P. Lovecraft.

When Cthulhu calls, ya gotta accept the charges!

(I think it was PTDC's avatar that spoke to me to go back and dig them back out for another spin.)

Originally posted by Alien426

w00t! Ordered.

Well, I've been waiting for mine for a couple months, they email me to ask if I still want it and I still renew it, but it's going to get completely cancelled sep. 15, it's really aggrevating. I probably should just go to an actual comic shop that would have it. But unfortunately WILDWOOD DOESN'T HAVE ONE OF THOSE ANYMORE! Everything is owned by Walmart and infested with middle-aged republican neo-christians that call themselves fundamentalists. Well, you know what? Fundamentalists don't have giant sony flatscreen TVs in their churches! Nor Welches grapefruit juice resembling "blood of christ"! Hypocrites.

Wow. Talk about rant mode. See what you've done, Alien?

I finished the ‘Da Vinci code’ on Saturday. I found to be excessively over hyped. It was a very mediocre mystery novel that I found to be very stale in parts. I started reading ‘American psycho’, but have became side tracked now that I have received a ‘brief history of time’, which I am finding very enjoyable though lacking in detail.

i've just finished "R.A. Salvatores 'Der Krieg der Spinnenkönigin, Band 2' - 'Empörung' by Thomas M. Reid", which would translate to "The War of the Spiderqueen, Volume 2 - Indignation"... (though i don't know the original english name, as it's not printed in the book)

it's some kind of d&d forgotten realms book about drow... quite interesting...

I'm actually in the process of reading my first book for about 3 years :eek:

A girl I know gave me a little present called The Cat That Came In From The Cold and it's a really nice little read. The sentimental value encourages me to read it more often

Why do people keep making movies out of Seuss books? When are people going to learn they suck (the movies I mean, Seuss rocks).

Actually, this is no joke, my grandfather knew Dr. Seuss and actually lived across from each other, they were both psychiatrists. Check this out, Seuss actually hated children.

Anybody got a favorite Seuss? I don't know, the Lorax was pretty pretty sweet though.

Originally posted by JofaGuht

Actually, this is no joke, my grandfather knew Dr. Seuss and actually lived across from each other, they were both psychiatrists. Check this out, Seuss actually hated children.

Makes sense to me. The books rock, but I'd never read them to my children.

Roald Dahl was good, I liked most of his books (Fantastic Mr fox anyone?)

He also did some pretty decent adult novels.

Archived