Home

Jedi Academy problem (CL_Parsepackentities...again)

-Zack-

But I am not using any crack. I just bought the game, downloaded the 1.01 patch, a few models and that's it.

Also, it occures to me that this problem is only at jedimovies.com servers... Other servers work totally normal.

Also, what is the ping limit, when it goes disturbing for the other players that you duel?

Do you know how many people have posted about this error? The "search" button can tell a lot.

Originally posted by Kurgan

CL_ParsePacketEntities is an error that occurs because you are using a CD CRACK (or you patched your EXE with some kind of crack or trainer that was not made by Raven software).

Likewise a warez version of the game (which is most certainly using a cracked or hacked exe of some kind) will give this error.

Delete all your CD cracks and use only a legit copy of the game patched with the official 1.01 patch and join servers that are using the legit version of the game. The original disc or a 1:1 clone of disc one should be IN the drive when you play. If you still have problems substitute the actual disc 1 for the clone.

This should solve 99% of problems people have been reporting.

You're not allowed to post about this error at LucasForums, as it often involves illegal material (no-CD cracks) or warez of some kind.

BTW, wrong forum. :p

Well, it could be the fact that you cant host a dedicated server and play on that same server with the same computer. You're computer is completely dedicated to hosting the server, hence the name dedicated server. ;)

As for sushiman, it could be Mods. You said you only have the problem on JediMovies servers, maybe you have some mod that conflicts with the server. Even if you dont download a mod, if you play on a server that has it, it creates some kind of data in your gamedata folder. Go into gamedata and delete any folders like, "japlus" or "ForceMod_(numbers)" and see if that helps ya.

Otherwise, reinstall.

Originally posted by Aradorn

Well, it could be the fact that you cant host a dedicated server and play on that same server with the same computer. You're computer is completely dedicated to hosting the server, hence the name dedicated server. ;)

As for sushiman, it could be Mods. You said you only have the problem on JediMovies servers, maybe you have some mod that conflicts with the server. Even if you dont download a mod, if you play on a server that has it, it creates some kind of data in your gamedata folder. Go into gamedata and delete any folders like, "japlus" or "ForceMod_(numbers)" and see if that helps ya.

Otherwise, reinstall.

Actually you can join your own dedicated server on the same computer. It's not recommended (since it eats up system resources) but it is possible. Heck, I did that for awhile when I had no other choice... ; )

As to the error, Raven insists that it's due to illegal exe usage (from no cd cracks, trainers, warez, bootlegs, etc), and that's where the majority of reports have come from.

Are you sure you don't (and haven't had) any other versions of the game installed previously on your hard drive? Is the demo and any other version removed?

Are you running any mods that modify the game's exe files?

Reinstall the game and the official 1.01 patch, update your network drivers and see if you still get the error.

This typically happens everytime somebody posts the error. People post all kinds of advice, but nobody ever says "I did this and it was fixed" they just stop posting after awhile and disappear. It would be nice to get a definitive answer for the folks who insist they're not using any sort of modified exe's.

If we can come up with a solution here, I'll allow it...

well, the only mod i am runing is the ja+ mod which is almost a must for anyone to host a server, i have never had any kind of demo installed, and everything else installed is just a few saber hilts and a few model skins, i have purchased this game legally from wal-mart, and i have tried to run the d/s with all the mods uninstalled, but i still get the same problem no matter what, and yes you can join a dedicated server from yur own comp, i have done it for 2 years on counter-strike and the same with far-cry.

You say you legally purchased the game. Fine.

But is the game you installed from the ORIGINAL CD's?

Are you running the game with the ORIGINAL CD in the drive right now?

No cracks or trainers installed?

Remove ALL mods (including JA+ which is completely unnecessary for hosting or playing IMHO, in fact if you want to debate about it a few of us could really give you some good reasons not to use it!) from your base folder and install the 1.01 patch (the official one, from LucasArts's website) and then see if you still have problems.

CL_ParsePacketEntities shouldn't be coming up, honestly.

Do you have this problem with other Q3 engine games?

I am runin the game with all the original stuff, and i have no trainers, and i have tryed reinstalling the game, and the runnin a d/s without any mods whatsoever, but i still get the same error when i was playin after a few minnutes of play, it only seemed to come up when i would do any kind of attacks or moves, but yes i did try it without any mods, and it is all original, only about 3 months ol, it is patched with the latest patch and i still get the error

WHY DOES THIS **** ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME lol

Wait...

Also, it occures to me that this problem is only at jedimovies.com servers... Other servers work totally normal.

Do you mean "jedimoves" (not 'movies'?) servers?

Simple solution then, don't join those servers, if they give you the error.

Does this mean that those servers are running some kind of cracks? I don't know.

If you have a problem with a specific server, contact the server admin of that server with your problem.

If you still have problems, not associated with some specific server, then I suggest contacting tech support. That may be your last option.

Archived