Home

Missing air units at official site

vulcan_sniper

Originally posted by joesdomain

I was referring to the Imperial Lamdba Class Shuttle like the one that transports Vader and the emperor in. That has a hyperdrive, shields, carries supplies and troops, and has some weapons.

yeah but would you rather get into a dogfight while piloting a x-wing or imp shuttle.

IF they still have the imp shuttle i am going to shoot it down all the time with the x-wing imagin the points you would get for shooting down a fully loaded shuttle!

BOOYAH

you can bet on one thing,you wont catch me in the shuttle.

i will just stay on the ground and laugh every time i see it get shot down with about 5+ guys in it.lol

but if the guys on the shuttle are on my team,i will laugh and swear at my teamates who were shot down for being so stupid and making our team lose so many points.

BOOYAH

Yeah Joe, I would love to have a the Lambda Class Shuttle. I don't care what you guys say about it, sure it doesn't have the offensive capabilities of say a republic gunship. But its just as fast, and hopefully has some sort of shield. (if even in the game) I think it would be an effective way to get a squad of Stormtroopers from say point A to point B.

The Cygnus Spaceworks Lambda-class Shuttle has two forward-mounted double laser cannons, two forward-mounted double blaster cannons, and one rear-mounted retractable double blaster cannon. It has a heavily reinforced hull and multiple shield generators.

A formidable opponent, in my opinion.

Cygnus Spaceworks also maked a more heavily-armed version of the Lambda-class shuttle that had ten laser cannons.

Cygnus Spaceworks made the military versions of the Sienar Fleet Systems Lambda-class shuttle, which is a civilian cargo and passenger transport.

This is very interesting, as Cygnus Spaceworks is the civilian branch of the Cygnus Star Empire Construction Division, formed after the Unification Wars of 3817.

Why the civilian branch of a company would be subcontracted to make the armed military versions of a shuttle is beyond me.

Originally posted by Revlt Coranier

The Cygnus Spaceworks Lambda-class Shuttle has two forward-mounted double laser cannons, two forward-mounted double blaster cannons, and one rear-mounted retractable double blaster cannon. It has a heavily reinforced hull and multiple shield generators.

A formidable opponent, in my opinion.

Cygnus Spaceworks also maked a more heavily-armed version of the Lambda-class shuttle that had ten laser cannons.

Cygnus Spaceworks made the military versions of the Sienar Fleet Systems Lambda-class shuttle, which is a civilian cargo and passenger transport.

This is very interesting, as Cygnus Spaceworks is the civilian branch of the Cygnus Star Empire Construction Division, formed after the Unification Wars of 3817.

Why the civilian branch of a company would be subcontracted to make the armed military versions of a shuttle is beyond me.

That's all very nice, but the fact is that the lambda class shuttle isn't seen in any new screenshot. How sure are you it's in the game?

I made a thread about a preview with all air vehicles in it..... but it seems it was deleted...... why? Well here goes

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/853/Star-Wars-Battlefront-Air-Vehicles/p1

There is even a pic of MAF in it. If the devs have decided to remove it from the game...... Im gonna spank em! :p . Is there ANY reason to remove a fully done model. And as much as I want some difference between each faction I would rather have it by altering each flying vehicles turning, speed, firepower, health etc. instead of removing some bery obvious vehicles that had been seen in the movies many times. Give us the Lambda shuttle! :D

Originally posted by Dragnarr

I made a thread about a preview with all air vehicles in it..... but it seems it was deleted...... why? Well here goes

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/853/Star-Wars-Battlefront-Air-Vehicles/p1

There is even a pic of MAF in it. If the devs have decided to remove it from the game...... Im gonna spank em! :p .

It's a new feature, so I think the MAF may still be in the game. I have no idea why they didn't put in on the site

Is there ANY reason to remove a fully done model.

Balancing issues. You see a screenshot od it on Tatooine. Maybe it's to powerfull there.

Well Balance is hardly any reason to remove a model. You can modify its stats, flightspeed, weapon power basically anything, so why remove the entire model? Secondly if its too powerful on that map, remove it from the map, not from the entire game, exactly what should've done with the imperial officer. So Imperial would then have 1 troop class more, who cares? No-ones gonna run around yelling imbalance if the IO is in line with other units, perhaps give him some aura effect to determine he's an officer. The auras wouldn't stack so there's no reason why there should be 10 IO running around with nothing but pistols. Devs, send me the info and I balance the game if you can't :p:cool:

Well Balance is hardly any reason to remove a model. You can modify its stats, flightspeed, weapon power basically anything, so why remove the entire model? Secondly if its too powerful on that map, remove it from the map, not from the entire game, exactly what should've done with the imperial officer. So Imperial would then have 1 troop class more, who cares? No-ones gonna run around yelling imbalance if the IO is in line with other units, perhaps give him some aura effect to determine he's an officer. The auras wouldn't stack so there's no reason why there should be 10 IO running around with nothing but pistols. Devs, send me the info and I balance the game if you can't :p:cool:

If you change a vehicle to much, it's different than it's suposed to be.

Having a unit more isn't a bonus for a faction. It makes the army weaker. If you put in another guy, all units will ahve less capabilitys, making them weaker. But why give the Imperials one person more? Why not give them all one more like planned in the first place? That's something I don't understand.

Originally posted by Mountainforest

. But why give the Imperials one person more? Why not give them all one more like planned in the first place? That's something I don't understand.

Sorry to sound cynical but maybe its a marketing ploy. To keep people interested, they will release them in patches or in a new expansion pack.

Originally posted by I like seafood

Sorry to sound cynical but maybe its a marketing ploy. To keep people interested, they will release them in patches or in a new expansion pack.

Yeah, that could be it. MAybe they need some stuff for in a example pack. But wouldn't they rather put the special units in an expansion?

I figure Pandemic is going to put alot of background vehicles and starships that won't be playable by humans. The computer probably probably will control them. It would be cool to see the Imperial Lander on Tatoonie or Imperial Lamdba Class Shuttle on Bespin and Endor or Rebel Medium Transport on Hoth. Don't forget Millenium Falcon on Hoth and maybe Slave I on Bespin, Kamino, and Geonosis.

Originally posted by joesdomain

I figure Pandemic is going to put alot of background vehicles and starships that won't be playable by humans. The computer probably probably will control them. It would be cool to see the Imperial Lander on Tatoonie or Imperial Lamdba Class Shuttle on Bespin and Endor or Rebel Medium Transport on Hoth. Don't forget Millenium Falcon on Hoth and maybe Slave I on Bespin, Kamino, and Geonosis.

You see a slave on one of the sreenshots of Kamino. And because it's landed in it's flying position, I guess it was flyable.

But because the didn't put it in the airvehicle feature, I guess they tookm it out.

Archived