Home

Favourite Saber Fight (NOW WITH EP3 DUELS!)

Evil Dark Jedi

Favoutrite Saber Dual  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Favoutrite Saber Dual

• Obi-Wan,Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul(ep1)
    • Mace Vs Sidious (EPIII)
    • Yoda vs Dooku(ep2)
    • Anakin/Obi vs Dooku (EP III)
    • Luke vs Vader(ep5)
    • Luke vs Vader(ep6)
    • Anakin vs Obi (EPIII)
    • Yoda v Sidious (EPIII)
    • Obi vs Vader (ep4)
    • Anakin/Obi vs Dooku (ep2)
    • Obi vs Grievous (EPIII)

Originally posted by Achilles

Obi-wan vs. Maul

The look of total surprise on Maul's face is priceless :dmaul3:

I agree with Achilles....the suprise on mauls face is just to good.

:saberg::saberb: v.s :saberr:

:duel: this duel is a good one also....if you surf the web ull find lots of jokes about this classic Star Wars duel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

poor fools, all know that the best duel of all star wars history is the confrontation between ben and vader. The amazing SFX, graceful agility, conscious robbing emotion, the sheer determination given by two aging force-users, and the dreadful suspense of ben's sacrifice all add up to the most emotional and intense saber-duel of all time.

The Obi-wan, Qui-Gon, and Maul duel of Episode I, so far in my opinion, has been one of the few redeeming qualities of the prequel trilogy. It was clear that Ray Park (Darth Maul) was an actual martial arts expert due to his obvious prowess with the lightstaff. I believe this helped to really bring an amazing dynamic to that duel that had yet to be seen or duplicated since. This duel absolutely took my breath away.

Originally posted by Vagabond

The Obi-wan, Qui-Gon, and Maul duel of Episode I, so far in my opinion, has been one of the few redeeming qualities of the prequel trilogy. It was clear that Ray Park (Darth Maul) was an actual martial arts expert due to his obvious prowess with the lightstaff. I believe this helped to really bring an amazing dynamic to that duel that had yet to be seen or duplicated since. This duel absolutely took my breath away.

Yeah i have to agree with you there Vagabond. The Duel of the Fates was one of the best lightsabre duels saga. it was just so high paced. but i feel that the sabre duel in Ep6, was the best in the saga, because although it did not have as much pace as te duel of the fates it did have more of a meaning to the fight, the whole father vs son thing

Okay, let me qualify my earlier statement.

From a technical point of view, the saber duel in Episode I is more amazing, in my opinion, than all other Star Wars duels combined, even Yoda duel in Episode II. Ray Park's technique was masterful.

However, from a dramatic point of view, I agree, the Episode VI duel was by far the best. Mark Hamill did a great job of showing Luke's moment of truth - both the realization that he was finally at the crossroads that all his training had been preparing him for - and his climactic choice to turn away from the darkness, from the mistake of his father, and stand proud as a Jedi...he passed the test. An achievement that would cost him his life at the Emperor's hands.

And as twisted and evil as Vader had become, buried beneath the armor and machinery still lingered the love of a father for his son. As a wounded Vader watched the Emperor kill his child, he finally understood the lesson that Luke had was now teaching him - that love was worth dying for. The saga culminates with a simple act - a father gives his life to save his son, a prophecy is fulfilled, and in the process the son saves the father.

Originally posted by primalunderdog

Darth Maul by far,He pretty much had them owned,he just screwed around at the end and not finished Obi-Wan off.(sigh)He was the last sith too.

Maul was not the last Sith. :confused:

Maul's species was Zabrak, if I recall correctly! ;)

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

I believe he was considered to be the last old school Sith. I don't remember where I heard that though, so I don't know if it is trustworthy.

Darth Maul was trained by Palapatine/Darth Sideous so how could he be "old school Sith"? Thinking along those lines then, that would make Palapatine/Darth Sideous, the one who trained Maul, the real last "old school Sith".

I would consider what you read as completely untrustworthy! :eyeraise:

:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The thing about the Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader was you could tell Alec Guinness was seriously not into those lines at all, his acting was half-hearted and he seemed to be embarrassed at times, the action wasn't good either so I don't see how my vote could go there.

I voted Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul. It had action up to ying-yang and it was not without emotion either. The death scene was a lot better than throwing a car crash dummy down a shaft. ;):p I tease, although Luke vs. Darth Vader(ep.6) does come second because I think it shows off Luke's skills (which are pretty impressive) and as already stated the Father vs. Son emotional level was well done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived