Home

Favourite Saber Fight (NOW WITH EP3 DUELS!)

Evil Dark Jedi

Favoutrite Saber Dual  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Favoutrite Saber Dual

• Obi-Wan,Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul(ep1)
    • Mace Vs Sidious (EPIII)
    • Yoda vs Dooku(ep2)
    • Anakin/Obi vs Dooku (EP III)
    • Luke vs Vader(ep5)
    • Luke vs Vader(ep6)
    • Anakin vs Obi (EPIII)
    • Yoda v Sidious (EPIII)
    • Obi vs Vader (ep4)
    • Anakin/Obi vs Dooku (ep2)
    • Obi vs Grievous (EPIII)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
Originally posted by RedHawke

Maul was not the last Sith. :confused:

Maul's species was Zabrak, if I recall correctly! ;)

@Hawke Hey man, I noticed that he was always called a Zebrak but Bao-Dur (from our fav game to MOD) is called an Ithorian or Illorian or something like that. :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

I wonder what's up with that?...lol

Maybe all those horns are implants that anyone can get like a tattoo in the back of the Cantina on Mos Isley :)

EDITED:

Duh... My vote for fav. duel is for Lord Sidious and Yoda in the Republic Senate :):)

Originally posted by Darth Melignous

@Hawke Hey man, I noticed that he was always called a Zebrak but Bao-Dur (from our fav game to MOD) is called an Ithorian or Illorian or something like that. :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

I wonder what's up with that?...lol

The planet is Iridonia. The species is Zabrak. So using both terms to describe them are correct. eg. we are both human and earthlings !

mtfbwya

Yeah, Iridonian Zabrak is a strain of them, although i noticed G0-T0 call them Iridorians once (a fault in the game, unless we assume ppl in the game make mistakes too!)

Anyways, best duel - Vader vs. Luke in cloud city. How cool was it when vader said luke wasnt a jedi yet and stuff then luke just walked up and off they went, twirling the glowsticks like every second player does in every main cantina in SWG.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Since I've never actually SEEN EP 6, I guess I know where my vote isn't going...

And since the duel between Luke and Vader didn't appeal too much to me in EP5, the Yoda v Dooku fight completely insane (decent at best), the EP4 Obi v Vader fight which was lame...

and the Dooku v Ani v Obi fight from EP2, which was lame.

I guess I'll have to go with Duel of the Fates... :p

Originally posted by Mike Windu

Well, Since I've never actually SEEN EP 6, I guess I know where my vote isn't going...

Now that's strange. A SW fan who hasn't seen Ep. 6 :confused: :confused: :confused: Maybe he refused to see it before seeing all the movies, including Ep. III :confused:

I'd say that the Darth Maul v. Obi-Wan and Qui-GOn was the best so far. I wouldn't vote for any of the original trilogy duels because they seem so plain compared the the prequal duels. But i guarantee that probably several of the duels in Ep3 will replace my favorite duel so far.

episode 6 of luke and darth vader is the most artistic and emotion filled battle out of all of them hands down. saying that, they did flippy tricks in obi-wan and qui-gon vs maul. its unfair to compare the original trilogy to the prequals for pure entertainment value. with all the new technology and whole lot of money put into the lightsaber fights they look so pretty. so very pretty.

oh and reason number two for obi-wan and qui-gon vs maul, darth maul looked so cool in his entrance, and then padme was like yeah i'll go this way away from scary man. then obi-wan and qui-gon were like we handle this. man i gotta watch it again.

we should redo pool after episode 3.

that should include at least 3 really cool jedi fights. then there is also obi-wan vs grievous. so four more fights, one which is legendary, obi-wan vs anakin, and one that is between legends, yoda vs. sidious (is it palpatine by that time)

Originally posted by obijon1138

1.Obi vs. Maul

2.Vader vs. Luke on Bespin

No point retyping that. I watched ESB again yesterday and they really do whack the crap out of each other - no fancy twirls or pirouettes - just straightforward swing the saber as hard as you can.

Obi v Maul is simply breathtaking (and videotape breaking as well!)

Originally posted by RedHawke

Darth Maul was trained by Palapatine/Darth Sideous so how could he be "old school Sith"? Thinking along those lines then, that would make Palapatine/Darth Sideous, the one who trained Maul, the real last "old school Sith".

I would consider what you read as completely untrustworthy! :eyeraise:

:D

I wouldne be so quick to doubt my good man Shok...

The source : Darth Maul /Journal dont remember the authors name

*Darth Maul constructs his saber to honour Exar Kun.

*Studies sith artefacts and Holocron(there is even a picture of the sith holocron in the visual dictionary) to learn ancient fighting styles....

Also, if you think about it, the sith have been in hiding "for 1000 years" And since there are only two sith lords at a time, and that there lives are prolonged by dark side use I would say there is not a huge divergence from the original teachings...

as far as I know, there sith lords following darth bane have not yet been identified in EU... all I know is that

Darth Bane > ??? until > Darth Plagueis > Darth Sidious... I cant even guess how many there have been between this or who they are :) It is good that some EU novels are planned telling us more about the pasts of Bane and Sidious :)

mtfbwya

Simply,

How could anyone dispute the fact that Yoda and Dooku's fight was the best fight? That little dude is soooooooo kewl!

- the rest of the Jedi suck of course (apart from Aayla Seccura who is hot, even though she's blue), but that's beside the point. Oh, and Luke's alright too.

After that fight I'd have to say Vader vs Skywalker (ep 6), the music was so good and I get all emotional watching the son battle his big dark daddy.

And the worst of all of them would have to be Vader vs Obi-wan (I presume this is the Episode IV fight as I haven't seen the one in Episode III as it's not out yet). That old man is simply too old to use a lightsaber properly and makes the force sensitive look weak. - As the Sith and Jedi are supposed to be dominant throughout the galaxy.

NB: Please don't rebuke my last comment. The Yuuzhan Vong don't exist as far as I'm concerned.

Originally posted by Konar

....As the Sith and Jedi are supposed to be dominant throughout the galaxy.

NB: Please don't rebuke my last comment. The Yuuzhan Vong don't exist as far as I'm concerned.

Heh... you have pretty much rebuked yourself :p Please read on :

by episode IV the only sith left are

*Sidious

*Vader (part old human, part old machine)

The only jedi left are

*Yoda (in the last years of his life)

*Obi Wan (also not in good shape)

Indeed, the jedi are all but extinct.... Sure, the Sith are alive, but with no one around to stop them, it is really the military strength and beauracracy that is the Empire that is the dominant force in the galaxy ... ie. the rebel alliance forms against *this*. not the sith, whereas in the prequel trilogy, the battle is truly Jedi vs Sith...

finally, I am thinking you have not read much of the NJO. The YV do not exist in the force. They do not wield lightsabers.... and since this is a poll about "favourite saber fight from the movies" mentioning them makes no sense :p

no biggie...

anyways, just a few days to go when we can add more poll options !!! :D

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

by episode IV the only sith left are

*Sidious

*Vader (part old human, part old machine)... finally, I am thinking you have not read much of the NJO. The YV do not exist in the force. They do not wield lightsabers.... and since this is a poll about "favourite saber fight from the movies" mentioning them makes no sense

Please forgive my order of rebutes but,:

You're kidding... 2 Jedi and 2 Sith? And those two new Twi'lek twin sisters (in TNJO that escaped the vessel via an escape pod) - how did they come about. There must have been more Jedi somewere...

Yoda was in Episode IV? Gee I must be blind! Where? Where? I'm dying to know... - He sprouted from episode V just as easily as the twin Twi'lek sisters sprouted in TNJO, and yet you imply that they had no ancestors. Funny that...

True, Vong don't exist as far as the force is concerned - infact they are quite anti-force, however - I only felt a desire to state that the force sensitive didn't lord it over everone else. Mandalore's time was before the OT and he killed many a Jedi.

2 Sith at the time of Episode IV?

Are you sure there were no Sith on Korriban... How about Coruscant... It is stated that Palpatine visited the deseased dark lords many a time, even after his original body passed away. - They were Sith ghosts there whether you like it or not.

- And sorry to everyone for drifting wildly off-topic to excuse my original post which I believe was in-topic - but that may vary in the eye of the beholder of course.

Archived