Home

New Grim Fandango Fan Site

James Isaac

You probably know about this some way or another ;) but there is a new Grim Fandango fan site that I made with help from others.

It's called the D.O.D., and you can see it at http://dod.dotagame.com.

Please visit, then tell me what you think.

Not all the pages are done yet (17/08/2004), but good progress is being made.

We have a lot of good content, some of our best sections include:

[*]Fan Fiction - A huge collection of Grim Fandango fan fiction. Over 60 pieces of fan fiction.

[*]Wallpapers - 28 wallpapers which bgbennyboy kindly let us use on the site. (More to come soon).

[*]Fan Art - So far, only some images from Sallim's great LSA recreation, but more to come soon.

[*]Media - All the Grim Fandango related stuff we could find that wasn't in-game.

[*]The ability to choose between 2 (more coming soon) styles for the site. (This can be done at the top of the menu).

[/list=1]

And the sections that are currently under construction, but will be really good when they are done are:

[*]Characters

[*]Locations - I have been working on these two for a long time. They are nearly done and ready for release, but just need some fine tuning.

[*]Easter Eggs - A list of all the in-jokes, and references in Grim Fandango.

[*]Script - A full dialogue trascript for Grim Fandango converted to a movie style script. I had this done ages ago - it was on the first ever DOD, but i need to reformat a few things to get it working online.

[*]Hacking - Lets you download the Grim Fandango debug patch, and shows how you can use it. It also shows all the secrets that can be found using SCUMM Revisited.

[/list=1]

And those are just the best parts of the site. All the other pages are great aswell :).

I hope you like the site, and it becomes a big place for Grim Fandango fans to visit. Please tell me what you think. And if you have any content for the site, please sent it in.

You beauty of a community is that you don't have to choose. :)

Nice work on the site James, hopefully you'll build up a respectably sized fanbase with it. There seems to be a boom of GF sites appearing at the moment. There's ninth-world.com, and somebody else I've spoken to is in the process of creating a rather excellent looking site.

Great to see the GF community making a comeback, so to speak. ;-*

Thanks VampireNaomi and Thrik :D .

It's great to hear that you like it, and now that I have some praises, I have been inspired to do as much work as I can on the site. I had to go out for most of today, but for the time I was home, I made some more updates, as you can see in the news.

I have a lot of content planned, and if everything goes well, the site will be a great Grim Fandango resource :).

Tomorrow I will work on it a lot. I'll be home most of the day, but I'll be a bit preoccupied playing the Counter Strike:Source beta, but after I've played that for a while, I'll get more content done.

And, Thrik, could you please link to me on the GFN? I linked to you on my site here :) .

Sorry Iam a bit late.

But I want you to tell you that the site is really nice! I got hope for more new Grim Fandango fans because of the site.

I appreciate that you have my 3d stuff on the site =)

Keep on its really cool,

Sal

Lol, I guessed someone would use a quote like that when I posted that ;).

I finally got the workings of the characters done, and I added two characters so you can test it - Manny and The Gate Keeper.

You can see the page here, and please make a comment either here on the LucasForums or in the the D.O.D.'s news comment system, saying what you think of the way the information is displayed, and make any comments. For example "I don't like the way you put thumbnails beside the characters names when choosing a character" or "I think you should add the age of every character" and stuff like that.

Once everyone is happy with it, I'll add all of the characters :), and then it will be time to do the locations section.

Hey there. Very cool site. But in the main-table. I think you should put a valign="top". I looks pretty nasty when all the text is placed in the middel. But very cool site...

I'm goin' to create a new GF-site soon. Maybe a new version of the old GFW, or maybe a new one. But I'm very busy at the moment...

-Take care...

Originally posted by ZaXeriaw

Hey there. Very cool site.

Originally posted by ZaXeriaw

But in the main-table. I think you should put a valign="top". I looks pretty nasty when all the text is placed in the middel.

Hmm, that's wierd. They all appear fine to me. Maybe it's something to do with different browsers.

Looking forward to your GF site :)

I'm using Mozilla Firefox 0.9. Maybe that's the question.

Yes, I'm still alive, I was just busy with some other websites, and I got paid for that ****. Buuuuut NOW I'm back, or maybe not. I'm still workin' on the last website before startin' on a new GF page... ;)

-Take care...

Archived