Home

What is the First KOTOR:TSL Presiege Class you want to play?

RedHawke

What is the First KOTOR:TSL Presiege Class you want to play?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What is the First KOTOR:TSL Presiege Class you want to play?

• Jedi Master
    • Sith Lord
    • Jedi Weapon Master
    • Sith Marauder
    • Jedi Watchman
    • Sith Assassin
    • I'm not getting KOTOR:TSL

The 6 Presiege Classes will be;

1. LS, Jedi Master

2. DS, Sith Lord

3. LS, Jedi Weapon Master

4. DS, Sith Marauder

5. LS, Jedi Watchman

6. DS, Sith Assassin

So which of the Prestiege Classes will you aspire to first in KOTOR:TSL?

Mine will be, obviously, the Sith Lord class the first time through, then possibly the Jedi Master class for my second time through.

:emperor::ben:

Sorry Achillies I thought I would restart the Thread Properly with a Poll! :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I play through as lightside first and go for Jedi Master.

I actually found it difficult to play darkside, at first, in KOTOR. I guess I was brain ewashed by all the good gu stuff in the original Star Wars as a child :D

Any ideas on what a Jedi Watchman is? Have they based these on PnP Star Wars or are they made up by Obsidian?

I'll likely be playing a weapon master.

Originally posted by Morgan_Hearst

Any ideas on what a Jedi Watchman is?

I believe Obi-Wan is an example of a watchman. Sort of an investigator type...

Have they based these on PnP Star Wars or are they made up by Obsidian?

I believe so. IIRC there are Jedi Master and weapon master classes in that...

Originally posted by RedHawke

Sorry Achillies I thought I would restart the Thread Properly with a Poll! :D

Grrr...all that hard work :mad: Yeah, no so much, huh?:D

Even though my original response has been deleted, it remains the same: my first play through will be LS Sentinel/Watchman.

Any ideas on what a Jedi Watchman is?

Here's the skinny on all of the prestige classes:

For Light Side players, the prestige classes include:

Jedi Master: (Consular-type) Regenerates force power more quickly, and can inspire companions and followers.

Jedi Watchman: (Sentinel-type) Generally super abilities with the force and control over the lightsaber.

Jedi Weapon Master: (Guardian-type) Lightsaber deflection and pain threshold increased, and does more saber damage.

Dark Side Prestige Classes include:

Sith Assassin: Mastery of stealth and camouflage.

Sith Lord: Mastery of corrupting the wills of others.

Sith Marauder: Mastery of weapons and increased pain threshold.

Originally posted by nacho35

I voted for Sith Marauder, but I am sure I will save my game right before the choice and use that as a starting point. So, 1 hour I might be playing as a marauder and the next hour---who knows?

Err..that's what they have a New Game button for :D

Just like KotOR, certain base classes align with other specialty classes, therefore mixing and matching at the point you mentioned might not be the best way to see what each class is truely capable of.

Just my opinion :)

Originally posted by Hiroki

Oh, but it is! *watches the Force Crush animation again* Heh heh.

Thus far all the cool new force powers they've talked about seem to be either DS or neutral. I'm hoping that we get some info on new LS force powers before the game comes out.

Originally posted by Achilles

Thus far all the cool new force powers they've talked about seem to be either DS or neutral. I'm hoping that we get some info on new LS force powers before the game comes out.

Don't worry, if they forgot anything we'll make them :D looks like they added my mind trick force power :p

Originally posted by FiEND_138

^^

Indeed. I expected to see more of a turn out for Sith Lord & Jedi Master, myself.

I know... just to be able to Identify yourself in dialogues as Sith Lord (Dark Lord of the Sith) or Jedi Master would be so cool! After all... technically we never went above a lousy padawan rank in KOTOR.

And FiEND that is also the exact order I'm going to play them in TSL as well! :D

Sith Lord :emperor::lightning

-then-

Jedi Master :ben::yodac:

Originally posted by FiEND_138

^^

Indeed. I expected to see more of a turn out for Sith Lord & Jedi Master, myself.

Personally, I'm going to have to hold my judgement until I've actually played, but I'll tell you right now that the DS classes look like they're going to suck.

For instance, Sith Assassin emphasizes stealth, a skill that was practically worthless in KotOR. Again, I know I'm jumping the gun, but they will have had to have worked their butts off to make that skill worth anything.

Originally posted by Achilles

Personally, I'm going to have to hold my judgement until I've actually played, but I'll tell you right now that the DS classes look like they're going to suck.

For instance, Sith Assassin emphasizes stealth, a skill that was practically worthless in KotOR. Again, I know I'm jumping the gun, but they will have had to have worked their butts off to make that skill worth anything.

I believe that was meant to be that way... from a purely Pnp RPG view... let me elaborate. :D

It is possible that the Sith Prestiege classes arent getting as many benefits as the Jedi ones because of the dark force powers are really strong, and to balance that out the Jedi classes would need to rely on strong class bonuses, skills, and tactics to survive.

To me that kind of goes with both of the philosophies of Star Wars force using peoples the Sith and Jedi. The Sith would have powerful DS force powers, and not very many extra class benefits, and the Jedi would have more powerful classes and the more passive and defensive LS force powers.

Just my 2 cents! :D

Archived