Home

Something that I am worried about

Vader's_Punishe

Personnally, I prefer thrid-person, it feels more cinematic.. and stuff.

But heres thing: If your trying to advertise your game, would you take screenshots in first person, or thridperson. In third person you see the richly detailed models and animations, while in 1st, you only see the gun (which may look nice, and still being a factor, can't compare with the player model itself)

In the trailer I did see a little first person. When the player was sniping an ewok, and on a swoop. But like I said, it just looks better in 3rd person, and feels more cinematic.

If i were a developer i would try to please both parties. Those, like me who like 1st person view and those who prefer 3rd person. That way no one goes away unhappy and puts all worries to rest, unlike JA which did not advertise anywhere that it was mainly a 3rd person lightsaber/1st person (optional) shooter hybrid. In otherwords, not the best way to market a game. I did the research as well and came up with nothing that said anything about the lack of choice.

Also, battlefield 1942/vietnam are played from a 1st person perspective and i don't know anyone who plays in 3rd but i think you might be able to if that's your style. They didn't have to market any detailed models or anything like that, hell the graphics aren't even why people bought the games, myself included, even though the graphics are updated. No it's all about gameplay and if this game is going where it looks like, it should surpass the fun of even bf 1942/vietnam easily.

Sorry, i am just passionate when it comes to star wars games. I just want to see them done right and please those who have different play styles.

yeah, me neither. and tyler, I love SW games, too. I mean, I play console stuff, but I played Rogue Squadron for comp (b4 some kid scratched it up to be a jerk) and I played that game alot. I am a huge SW fan, and anything with the Star Wars printed on the front automatically strikes my interest. especially the games. I think every sta rwars game I played, I liked. I havent played them all, especially the comp games. but the ones i have rocked. I hope there isnt civilians, theyd get in the way of my fire, and posibly make me lose points if I kill them.

I saw a video on Gamespot with a lot of 1st person. It shows 1st person as an Imperial Stormtrooper shooting on Endor, and there is 1st person as a Seperatist Assault Droid blowing up stuff. Here it is. http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsbattlefront/all_updates.html

Scroll down to find "Developer Interview" and a picture of a guy. It should say "Many Bothans died to bring you this interview with David Zemke." under it. The stormtrooper is at 2:12 and the assault droid is at 2:49.

I'm not a big fan of 1st person, its all a matter of what games you have played before this, combined with just preference. I came from SOCOM the only time I ever used first person was with nightvision, its all preference, it doesn't make you a better player to play with either, to be honest with you.

Wow, I've seen a ton of SWBF videos, but that was the best. For me, first person gives you that amazing "you are there" feeling, third person pulls you a little out of the action (at least, that's how SOCOM always made me feel). I will say a big benefit of third person is a greater field of view -- especially for vehicles.

I can't wait to drive the AT-ST, AT-AT, snowspeeder, speeder bikes, etc. We haven't really seen a lot of X-Wing or Tie Fighter footage, yet -- I'd love to see how that looks.

I saw a video of a snow speeder shooting at an at-at, although it looked like they hadn't implemented the cockpit yet but it was definitely from a first person perspective. I dare any of you to try and wrap a tow cable around an at-at in a speeder in first person mode. it's a lot harder than it looks but you get that awesome immersion factor and a feeling of satisfaction when you are successful.

I scold myself if I ever play in third person in any game unless there is no option to change. It's probably from my background in simulators. I got used to X-Wing Alliance and Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator and I use first person when playing Rogue Squadron games.

Speaking of XWA, they should make an X-Wing Alliance 2 that starts right after the Battle of Endor and lets you fly all the EU stuff that comes after Endor, like NJO battles against the Yuuzhan Vong. God that would be sweet. I'll put this last part in the XWA forums, maybe some LucasArts people will take notice. :p

Archived