Home

What is your goal in life?

C'jais

Short-term, Long-term, Temporary or Permanent, doesn't matter.

I don't have any definate goals in mind, and that's bothering me. I no longer attend school and am in work-limbo, awaiting my army service. So for now, it would be getting myself in shape for the military. Oh, and playing Half-life 2 before Christmas.

Long term I'm not sure on. I have a rather monstrously vague idea of the kind of person I'd like to become, but that's more based on achieving stuff - like dancing gracefully with another person, travelling the world, skiing alone on a mountain, making my own music and ending up being a wise old geezer. But that's not very new, or very clear at all.

What are yours?

no goal... drifting along.. much to girlfriends annoyance... :D

Unfortunately films and tv tell us how wonderfully people live, and we want the same... but for most people it aint going to happen, so we get dissillusioned and drift along...

It gets harder too... once you have a job, a house, bills, relationships etc... it gets even harder to change your life.

I plan to attend a good college like Duke(third in academics, you know)

or some Ivy League school, and either run cross country/track or play basketball there. Maybe get drafted into the NBA.

On a more academic note: being a lawyer has always been on my mind, and I'm a good shrink too :indif:

1. Being in the Marines.

2. Converting someone to Christianity.

3. Playing SWBF and a few other games.

4. Getting all the survival gear and weapons I want.

5. Making my life worthwhile

6. Do something that will get my name written down, whether its getting a small article about me in the local paper, or becoming king of the world, or anything in between. (probably gonna write a book)

This is really sad, alot of you guys have no goals, no life. Its really sad. Very depressing.

Ever since I was a youngin', I knew I wanted to be a doctor when I was older.

I'm finally making it come true, somewhat. I'm taking the most rigorous science and math classes my high school offers, with hopes of getting into a good university. Brown, Dartmouth, or Yale would be nice.

Some people have accused me of thinking that becoming a doctor would be selfish of me, since I myself have a few medical conditions, but I fail to see where that comes from. I've yet to decide whether I want to become a researcher or just a regular doc, but I don't think it matters.

Aside from that, I want to keep friends close, and eventually get married, have a kid or two, the white picket fence and the whole bit. Eventually I may decide to move out of the United States and into another English speaking country.

Yeah, I've got ambitions. :)

Having those conditions has nothing to do with being a doctor. My dad has a nurse practitioner working with him and she has many medical conditions, including a pacemaker. Go for it Jed!

(I personally couldn't do it, a Doctors life is kinda crappy, even though the pay is good)

Tyrion, that was one goal. I had a few others that you failed to mention.

1.Be in the Marines. yeah what a crappy goal, ur right.

5. Make my life worthwhile. yeah what a dumpy loser I am.

6. Do something that will get my name written down, whether its getting a small article about me in the local paper, or becoming king of the world, or anything in between. (probably gonna write a book)

yeah, boy do I have low ambitions.

Originally posted by yaebginn

This is really sad, alot of you guys have no goals, no life. Its really sad. Very depressing.

I agree that it is quite sad, but with the state of the western world (where i live) going down the pan so rapidly i really find it hard to care.... what is the point in having goals, you can't change anything.

Off to jump off the nearest bridge... if i can be bothered to climb up...

some of you have ambitions and stuff, but its really depressing to read tyat alot of you guys have nothing. no ambition, no hopes.

Really? I didn't read that. Just because you get a portion or abstract sample of someone's "goal(s)," doesn't mean these aren't inclusive of many other goals. C'Jais' initial post said any goal: short, long-term, intermediate... etc.

I think implying that others here (you said, "some of you") have nothing, no ambition, and/or no hopes is a bit presumptious from one who sets as one of his goals to obtain as many weapons and survival gear as he can. My advice: put down the Gun Ho and Soldier of Fortune magazines and pick up a college catalog.

2. Converting someone to Christianity.

AND why exactly should that be important? Converting someone so he would join the marines with you, help you getting your 'survival' gear, help you to make your life worthwhile and finally will bold print your name in the sky?

5. Making my life worthwhile

Making YOUR life worthwhile? how selfish. What is 'worthwhile' anyways? Having someone converted to christianity and your name written down?

Want to have YOUR name written down? For what?

I agree with SkinWalker and the others here. Having no 'goal' yet may simply mean someone is not quite sure what he is going to do with his life, means: not to be sure about what to study or whatever. How dare you to say they have no life? Your "goals" don't represent much of a (current) life, so why are you so arrogant in your attitude? You won't convert anyone this way.

----

However. Different people, different goals.

My goal number one, long as short term: taking care of my family, be there for my family, securing a home for my family.

Besides that there are points like being a respectful, respectable, reliable person.

A long term sort of goal I have is to do my part in changing the face of the animation industry in North America. I know it's a lofty goal, something near impossible to achieve, but it's something to set my sights towards.

To that end I've gone to art school, gotten straight A's in traditional animation, and have been working to make an art style for myself that's comfortable, but stands apart from the crowd.

I'm currently working on a web comic, using an old comic I wrote back in highschool. I'm using it as a drawing excersize to keep myself busy improving my skills and hopefully developing some speed.

In the meantime, I'm writing a new comic that I hope to eventually have publishjed in it's entirety. This summer, Otakon published Otazine, and sold it at the convention. A sort of prologue to my comic was published in that book. From what I've heard the book sold well enough that Otakon is giving the Otazine staff a lot more support to make a second book. We'll see where this goes.

I eventually plan to start posting animations up on my website, along with the comid. I also hope to take a break from the main comic and play around with some ideas. Some of wich are related, some of wich have nothing to do with the current web comic or published book.

Once I've managed to redo my demo tape I also plan to start applying for jobs in the industry again, both in videogame and television/film positions.

I've been playing around with working on videogame skins and character models to boost my chances in that.

Overall, it is slow going, but hopefully it will eventually get me somewhere.

Ok, well what i really want to do is move into a more creative field, learn more design skills and then move to a nice sunny country where i can send my spare time skating, surfing and snowboarding.

I don't think i'll manage it though, so i'm a bit depressed. :(

I did want to join the UN and help people, but you need a damn FIRST to do ANYTHING with them, even drive lorrys or whatever. Sigh.

PS/ yaebginn: "Thou shalt not kill"... doesn't that mean you won't make a great marine....

Originally posted by Doomgiver

I probably won't succeed, but i'd like to be an artist somewhere later on. A comic artist, if possible.

Something with art anyway.

Practice. Practice all the time.

Take critisism to heart. Don't shy away from it or try to ignore, but also don't let it discourage you.

Learn the basics of drawing. Learn to draw from real life. Even if you have no interest in drawing realistic looking characters and scenery, knowing how to draw reality makes you a lot better at drawing the exaggerated reality of cartoons and stylistic design.

Draw things you might not want to draw, like fruit, boots, cars, lamp posts, trees, all those things that don't seem interesting but you see in every day life. Comics and cartoons aren't all uper heroes in flashy coloured spandex and exaggerated features, you need to be able to place them in convincing environments and give them props to work with.

Have fun with it and don't give up. Start with like a webcomic or something, knowing full well it may never become even a little popular. It's just for you, an excersize to keep you drawing, giving you a canvas to play with drawing and story ideas.

What better day is there to start than today?

Some of our soldiers (Americas soldiers) do hate their enemy. I dont. in this war, the enemy does hate us. some, maybe not. I dont think the Nazis did (assumign you arent jewish). but I wasnt around them and only can rely on reports and books and such. I more or less understood what you siad. Mike Windu did not, and assumed I hated them because of your statement. he's mistaken. I dont exactly love them, but I do pity them. They are misled, and doomed to die. Possibly by my hand. Because while I dont want to kill, I will do whats neccessary to protect me and my fellows.

Archived