Home

WIP: Snakev3

graves

I figured i should plug this before before i release it sooo

51093130914.jpg

61093130932.jpg

Obviously it's single player compatible and it works with the color customization in the character menu. I'm also doing a JK2 version that will be released separately:D

It should all be out pretty soon...but you guys should know better:p

crits? comments?

Originally posted by Zappa_0

Dude that is really bad. I dont even play the game and I know who he is! And yes he is from Metal Gear Solid. Also the model looks awesome and has to be the best Snake model out so far!

Chill mate, I just wanted to know...As u said in ur otha post, im not too into the gaming world...

:)

you going to do any models for other games?

I hope you didn't think I meant that I was quiting JK editing. I meant I dont have anything else atm. Far cry would be cool but I can't figure anything out with that awful sdk:o

I was wondering when I was going to see more of this model. I saw you post a little bit about it on the polycount boards. Looks worlds better than the previous snake model. Getting all of the detail in there while still keeping to the painted style.

I think the small metal bits on him could be made higher contrast, to make them shine a bit more. That and some love to the black straps, pouches, etc.

Overall, it looks very low contrast, which may have been what you were aiming for making it look like the ps2 version, but there is so much more that can be done to it.

I also noticed some issues with the mouth. I'm not sure if it just needs some tweaking with the weighting, or if it needs another segment on the sides of the mouth. With it's mouth open, there's no way a real person would be able to do that.

Thanks kman. I took your advice and added a bit more contrast to the texture

7.jpg

I originally had 2 segments for the corner of his mouth but it screwed up the shading so i collapsed them. I'll probably go back to it and edit the weights later on.

• 2 months later...

Archived